THR Littlejem is on the move!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Littlejem forgot, my incision is on my side and goes over to the top of my butt cheek. I had a new technique called superpath, my incision isn't very long, about 5 inches. I was told I could lay on my hip right away but I didn't. I waited about a week before trying it. I can now sleep on either side, back or stomach and it doesn't bother. But you have to sleep which ever way you can and feel comfortable. If it didn't feel comfortable for me I would only sleep on my back and I wouldn't care if it took months.
 
Allycat I didn't have a clue when I got stiffness in my first hip several years ago that someday I would be looking at hip replacement but I sure wish I did. I would never had let it get so bad. When you feel that stiffness you are losing your ROM also which will affect your daily life in time. I would say when you feel it's affecting it too much it's time to go see your doctor. I now have to work at regaining the ROM that I lost many years ago.
 
I'm not in pain, but there is definitely stiffness, and I now know that is the precurser to the pain.
Allycat sandybeach I have the opposite! The pain came first, and I never knew it was OA, even the dr said it was probably bursitis. Which it may yet be, but now we definitely have dx OA. My "good" hip is not stiff particularly, but ROM is fighting a losing battle, and the pain is there, and may be masked by the bad hip, the bad side S-I joint, and both knees LOL. I can freely move the hip until it screams, at which point i don't! But it's loose up till that point. It's already affecting too much, as Sandy says. So I will beg for the second hip :)
 
ByGosh I do love a Pimms in the summer, it's one of those drinks that slips down and you don't feel like you're drinking alcohol............until later!!:martini:
sandybeach You made me smile about the whole getting in and out of the car!! That I found is one of the hardest things to do and it really hurts!! :groan: Not for much longer though I hope!!
Allycat You really do start to notice the second hip when the first one is done. I don't think sandybeach and I had much choice about when though, it was always that both were going to need doing in fairly quick succession :sad:
I had pain and stiffness for a long time but didn't know it was my hips that was causing it until about 4 weeks before I had my first operation, if only it had been diagnosed long ago!!! My ROM is really dire but it's good to see the range in the new hip is giving me more than the unoperated hip already. :dancy:
 
Hi Janet Great news about your date for the second new hip.It will soon come round and you will be able to celebrate with that glass of Pimms in the sun. You bounced back really well last time and made to the pub so the glass of Pimms will be a great way to celebrate
 
TeeEm see what you've started with the Pimms!!! It's a great summer drink, makes you think of long hot summer days in the sun.............................in the UK, well maybe not!!!! :SUNsmile:

Thanks Kim22 I too really hope it goes as well second time around!! :beg: :)
 
TeeEm see what you've started with the Pimms!!! It's a great summer drink, makes you think of long hot summer days in the sun.............................in the UK, well maybe not!!!! :SUNsmile:

This summer surely cant be any worse than last . This would make a good alternative to a pimms - :rotfl:
Prune Juice Cocktail - Smooth Move:
2 ounces pineapple juice
2 ounces prune juice
2 ounces sour mix
1 ounce rum
Pineapple chunk
Maraschino cherry
Sugar
Ice
Put three or 4 ice cubes in a blender. Add the pineapple juice, the prune juice, the sour mix and the rum. Blend. Rim a cocktail glass with sugar. Pour the drink in the glass. Garnish with a pineapple chunk and a maraschino cherry on a pick.
 
Sounds yummy TeeEm even with the prune juice..............my kind of drink with rum in it!! :martini: :cheers:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Littlejem is on the move!!
great name TeeEm and a pretty good sounding recipe---could also be a pain killer along with being a great mover
 
Rum white or dark is my favourite tipple but definitely not prune juice.
 
Allycat what did i say that you disagreed with? Do i have my priorities bass-ackwards? :rotfl:
Some of those drinks sound good if only they didn't ahve alcohol in them... I was never a mixed drink girl...not a stick-in-the-mud tho!!!!! Prune juice drink party coming up! :)
 
I agree with TeeEm, celebrations are in order for all of us after we're recovered. Too bad we don't live close enough to have a celebration together...maybe we will have to plan a date to celebrate and then report the details, those that we can, later. These recipes sound really good, I'm up for trying them once I'm done with the drugs. The prune juice for the memories. zauberflöte has your doctors already said you will be needing both hips done? I really didn't have a clue that my hips were so bad even when I couldn't move them much and with all the pain. I couldn't believe that I would need replacement surgery I thought there would be a pill I could take or exercises I could do. If you feel that you aren't having a full life because of your hips....definitely go for it, you don't want to give up one more day than you need to. The surgery will give you back your life, not over night but day by day you will get there.
 
I really didn't have a clue that my hips were so bad even when I couldn't move them much and with all the pain. I couldn't believe that I would need replacement surgery I thought there would be a pill I could take or exercises I could do.
sandybeach that sounds just like me, yes give me a pill or physio, it'll be fine, replace BOTH my hips, you're joking, right!! :what:

ByGosh zauberflöte Kim22 TeeEm Liveringer
All the recipes sound good to me, they have alcohol in them!!! Lets face it we NEED to drink them for heath reasons because of the prunes!!! :rotfl: :heehee:
I love my specialty gins that I'm working my way through at the pub but I also like a Baccardi and coke!! :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom