Guest viewing is limited

MUA knee so stiff<<

3 months out and I still get zingers often! Ouch on the knee knock @bland9! You may have some additional bruising but not likely you did any damage!
 
I fell on my new knee in May, all 185 pounds right on it. It hurt for weeks. On the 24th. my OS xrayed it, and my implant is fine.

I don't think you have anything to worry about with just a bump. Your soft tissues will loudly complain about it, but the knee joint should be just fine. You know the routine: ice, elevate, and medicate!
 
All whom responded to last question many thanks and it was very helpful but forgot to ask - Will it ever be possible to kneel on our new knee(s) again,:old:
 
Both my surgeons told me to try and avoid it. With my partial I would kneel on it once a year when I had to train for my CPR certification. Wasn't awful wasn't something I would do unless absolutely necessary.
 
I asked my surgeon prior to surgery - he said yes but that it would take some getting used to and perhaps use of knee pads -- of course he has not had a TKR. I practiced kneeling onto a soft pad at PT. I was wondering about it as I like to work in the garden which can require kneeling. I expect eventually if I use a kneeling pad I might be able to -- certainly not anytime in the near future as it requires much more flexion than I currently have.
 
I wouldn't, but that's just me.
 
Another harsh lesson today:yikes: - beware of knocking the op knee -today accidentally knock my knee not to hard but hard enough and wow for a moment I became extremely light headed and yes I saw stars too and became really worried that I caused damage to knee, still really anxious

I had something similar happen a few days ago and it make me get a little teary for a minute bc it HURT. I was playing with my very energetic, very excitable dog and he crashed into my knee. I did a few extra icing sessions that day and it was OK other than being sore in the spot where he bounced off me. I was really surprised at how much it hurt. I hope you are no worse for the wear today.
 
Today been to the doctors today and given extra time off work and I spoke of pain of op leg he has given me some Tramadol 50mg ,I'm not sure if I will take the tablets :mute: has anyone one else taking these and how well do they work etc
 
I have not taken Tramadol but others on this site have had great success with it and it is a nice step down from the heavier narcotics.
 
Tramadol works really well for me and it doesn't put me into a fog like Oxy does. No nausea with it, either. It does constipate me a little bit, but Miralax, once a day, takes care of that problem. IMHO, it's a very good step down med.
 
^My mom found the same thing with tramadol when she had her tkr. She didn't like anything that made her loopy.
 
I have it in the drops form. Took it every night week two, sometimes week three, rarely after that.
It helps me calm down and it helps me sleep through. I take 10 to 15 drops. So yes, it is good to know I have that on hand if I need it.
 
for curiosity sake and plus my love of cycling - how soon is too soon one can one ride his road cycle and how to return to cycling safely :bicycle1:
 
Hi Bland: I have been wondering the same thing. Certainly you would have to be able to get the pedals around at a seat height that works for your bike - Duh! If you are biking on the road (vs stationary) you will be adding some resistance so I would expect you would want to try short distances at first and do a loop to make sure you can get home without too much swelling or discomfort. And of course be able to get on and off the bike safely and be able to put a foot down safely when at a stop sign or general stopping. I am nervous about trying so expect I will wait a couple more weeks before trying a spin around the block.
 
Your knee will let you know when you can ride. There is no set time. Everyone is different. Also, it depends on how high the bike seat is and what your environment is right.
 
I don't know I'm really overdoing it my op knee very swollen plus foot, no choice helping to empty house seems to be taken ages, lots of resting needed , but really wanted to mention how really awkward it is just to get sitting on floor and plus getting up , wish there was a more dignified way of getting up :climb:
 
There's no dignified way for that movement (getting off the floor). Hang in there - you have the emotional stress of emptying your mum's house plus all the activity that goes along with that. Take plenty of rest breaks to ice and elevate.
 
9 weeks post op- my rom for OP leg is 100 and seems to be stuck at that , will this be it or does it improve. still feels tight around knee and feel like I could bend further but I'm afraid if push it to hard In case I might cause damage to new knee parts or cause knee to inflame more
 
I stopped PT at 8 weeks and it was 113. I felt stuck. I did not do any formal PT after that just walking and riding my stationary bike. At my 3 months check I was up to 125 and at 4 months I was at 130. Doctor said I will continue to gain more as it continues to heal.

You won't damage the knee but you will make your tissue and muscles sore if you push too hard. Just let it come naturally. Don't force anything!! Relax and let it continue to heal. It will get there!
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom