Guest viewing is limited

MUA knee so stiff<<

Ditto! dear bland. That tight feeling is so annoying, isn't it. ?
I figured if I can do normal revolutions on a regular bike, who cares how much more flexion I get. My OS said I probably won't get more than the other knee, ( 130) likely less, so 120.
 
My ROM on both knees before surgery was 5-125 which was perfectly fine for me, aside from the arthritis pain. I have no plans to be a circus gymnast or yoga instructor from here on out so would be happy with those #'s - seems like my OS wants me to be an overachiever.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
At 9 weeks you still have a long way to go. People are even getting ROM increases in their 2nd year after a replacement. So, I say, yes, that you will continue to improve. You know that P word with talk about! Patience, my dear, patience!
 
IM concern about my recovery from LTKR its nearly been nine weeks now since OP , I am still using both walking crutches to walk around. its very painful just to walk around the house , knees very swollen even after short and small jobs around house. though I been busy around mothers house ,emptying it so guess over doing it there other family members doing heavy work me doing a bit then sitting down plenty , even after resting its very hard to put any weight on legs standing up an hopping on other leg surely my progress should be more advanced than this or is this just normal its hard to see any light at the end of tunnel , getting me down to be honest:beg:
 
I think it's probably normal Bland9 given your activity level. Even with the resting and help of others I expect you are lifting and carrying things so getting plenty of activity. With all this activity you should not be doing any other forms of exercise - that is plenty. And it would be good to take a day or two off if you can.
 
Lifting and carrying heavy objects puts a lot of stress on a knee, even original or fully healed knees, so this activity might be what's prompting your pain. I walk a lot, but I don't carry anything with me but a cane. When I bring in groceries from the car, though, and the bags are heavy, I *feel* it. My knees feel it. And that's just a few groceries.

I know you feel you should be able to do the lifting and carrying for emptying out your mother's house, but is there a way you can take some days off? The other family members will understand. It's difficult to sideline yourself, but your knees need the break and the work will still get done.
 
Thankyou for all your good advice but know got a bad toothache really worried about this any advice , worried about infections etc
 
Best advice for a bad toothache is to see your dentist. Call your OS first and ask if there's any precaution you need to take for the visit.
 
I agree with SusieShoes. Call your OS first, then your dentist. Do you have any Orajel? It works great.

I think you are way over doing it and your body, not just your knee, is rebelling. Please take a break. Your first job should be healing from your tkr.
 
called the hospital where I had knee Op about my toothache well sensitive tooth the response I received was just see and talk to your Dentist, the hospital seems it is no great thing to be bothered about , antibiotics maybe given if dentist think it necessary, hospital don't think needed, sometimes I wish never had the knee op has all I do is get paranoid about every little thing , toothache, cold cuts , and its likely we get knee infection , really is it all worth it, the surgery was the easiest part ,living with it is another matter
 
Attending the dentist today this afternoon . really worried if he say need tooth removed, never bothered about going to dentist in past, not sure if he going to give antibiotics or not , don't want any infection, anyone been through this and am I worrying unnecessarily . :sos:
 
@bland9, did you tell your dentist you've had a knee replacement? He will prescribe an antibiotic if you need one.
 
rubyyarn@ Yes contacted my dentist he said will discuss it at the appointment and take it from there , just like the hospital they are not making any issues about , that's why I think its me worrying unnecessarily
 
When you go, ask for the antibiotic -- just in case there is some bacteria in the tooth area. It's actually best if you can take it ahead of time - could you get an antibiotic from your OS?
 
My dentist had the antibiotic there in the office. Took 4 pills before just getting my teeth cleaned due to possible blood. There are mixed opinions regarding antibiotics with surgeons. I took a questionnaire at my OS office and it said I didn't need them - I had a stitch abscess when I went to the dentist, so I didn't want to take any chances and asked for them. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I too think that you may not feel like you're overdoing it, but with the activity of the house clearing, I think you may be just doing that - overdoing. Your knee wants to be elevated and iced (toes above nose) to relieve pain. My knee, at 7 months, can't stand lifting anything heavy and it doesn't like sitting in a seated position for long periods of time.
 
I'm getting two dental implants this month. I had the teeth extracted before my surgery, with my OS in full knowledge of my dental procedures, and he gave me a prescription three weeks ago for an antibiotic to use before getting the implants. Dentistry and orthopedics know how to work together. Teeth, after all, are prone to act up at the least convenient times! So keep your dentist and your hospital in the loop and get those teeth taken care of. Your risk of infection will be well-controlled.
 
here in south England most of us not given antibiotics unless suffer other conditions too , so OS and Dentist said not necessary
 
Here in Austria and from what I read in Germany and Switzerland not either. Interesting how that differs.
How is the tooth? Let us know how you're coping.
 
had a filling old one was broken ,gum numbed , no bleeding or infection, told the dentist ive had TKR on 3 june -17 he said antibiotics are not needed unless suffering from heart value problems but TKR is ok and not needed
 
After reading many others views on here regarding antibiotics for dental work , I am very concerned , even after both OS and dentist say they are not needed , I would really like to know what the senior forum and Josephine advises and suggest on this particular matter ,:what:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom