Guest viewing is limited

MUA knee so stiff<<

Sorry to hear that you awoke with such pain in your back. Hopefully you will feel better soon.
 
Yes it does seem at present hard to accept that this new knee will ever feel a part of me , though be glad when able to return to normal day to day living and to return to work, only then perhaps I can forget about new knee, been out from work now 7 weeks and guess it take another 4 weeks before able to return, especially when I on my feet throughout a :chuckmarch: work day
 
I have endured pain off the charts in the past few days. I have stayed heavily medicated and that hasn't helped much. What does help is forcing myself to walk around the house a little bit, with my Walker, taking a hot shower--the hot water on my aching thigh and calf muscles work wonders. I also have an acupuncturist who has been coming to my house to treat me. That makes a world of difference both physically and emotionally. Just doing stuff to take my mind off the pain helps some too.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I agree that getting your mind off of this surgery is a help. So is a change of scenery. But, as new as your knee is, riding would be painful. Can you get lost in a crazy movie or something?
 
Went for a walk today a good 20 min walk slowly and it was hard work but return home and No major swelling of op knee.:wowspring:make such a difference
 
Great update. I'm can't wait to take a pleasure walk again. I feel like I'm constantly "saving my knees" for the walking I need to do to function. And I'm scared to take a pleasure walk for fear it will render me too sore to say, feed my kids dinner. Lol.
 
Update- today been helping to empty my late mothers house and still lots to do ,taking it in stages but how easily I got exhausted and op leg ached and how easy it is to sweat buckets, and I was not overdoing it neither plenty of sitting down , at least now I realise its going to be awhile before able to return to work especially when I'm on my feet most of the day :groan:
 
awww that can be a very sad, emotional task and definitely a lot of work. i hope you have others helping. make sure you rest when you get home, ice and elevate. :ice:
 
That is a terribly hard thing to do, mentally and physically. Been there, done that. You have a sympathies.
 
bland9, I realized that your surgery was just a few days prior to mine (mine was June 7th). I'm experiencing a lot of the same things you are. My incision was also itchy but I used several different essential oils that helped A LOT. My bruising went away pretty quickly, too.
 
well today seen the consultant and he happy with everything and now been sign off told me to keep pushing on with knee- he mention the other knee needs doing has well but I put that off until 6 months time cannot face another op so soon and with all whats going on within my life at moment , same day physio therapy just one more session to go and then that's it , I'm on my own from then on,, got in the bath:bath: last night all was fine until I try to get out and wow my wife panic :shocked:has it was really difficult to get out thought we may have to call the fire brigade out to rescue me , me and my impatience will be death of me. :no-fin:
 
Getting out of a bath tub is even harder than getting off of the floor!
 
Today my knee cap really feels sore and artificial guess that from me over doing it and the physio though cant blame her I was keen to get on static cycle, has cannot wait to ride my own town bicycle :bicycle1:especially when weather been good but perhaps more truthfully its because it would help me to get off my op knee and to travel further and to get back to normal fed up with being indoors and walking around the block ?? be:old:ing impatient again
 
I'm impatient too. Going to assemble my new bike and set it up on the trainer today. I hope.
 
two steps forward, one step back bland9 . . . hopefully you'll be on your town bike soon. I am also looking forward to that. I hope I can ride a bike that is not stationary before too long.
 
Just want to shout MY DAM KNEE HURTS and stiff -:banghead: 7 + weeks now since OP and still just doing small jobs around the house and its starts - spending the rest of day laying down with leg up,
 
I hear ya Bland9! I was achy most of yesterday at almost 12 weeks. Here's hoping today is a better day:flwrysmile:
 
I was just doing a few things around the house today too and BAM! * it started to go into spasms and hurt like the 2nd week post op.
Ow! Ow! been propping leg up and using icepacks and reading forum. Seems to have calmed down last hour.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom