MUA knee so stiff<<

These rollercoaster ride recoveries are so disturbing, but completely normal. Patience, my dear ladies. It is a hard thing to achieve. I should know, I'm one worlds worst for having patience.
 
yesterday and today my knee really is swollen and hurting -the trouble is that I'm pushing knee far hard and to quick and suffering for it :dead:, and it looks like I will be laying on bed for the next couple of days, relly should be listening to wife -she says I need to take it easy and she is certainly right I should be resting but after 7 weeks plus one thinks it must be improving but no and guess it will take another 7 weeks before I can do half what I used to do:hairpulling:
 
Yes, @bland9 - always listen to your wife! :wink:. I overdid it on Friday and paid for it yesterday. Just when we think we've turned a corner we are reminded that the journey is long!
 
Just want to ask - is it natural to feel so very tired a lot of the time, after 7 wks plus , I feel so tired even after a short effort around house
 
I was still feeling the affects of energy drain at 12 weeks so I realized why my OS recommended writing that long before returning to my classroom.
It's important to sleep whenever you can, napping will help your body as it tries to heal from surgery. Take a look at this link on energy drain.

https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/energy-drain-for-tkrs.11953/
 
Hi - my knee is 13 days newer than yours and I have all the same frustrations. I live alone and friends are getting bored with my complaints:umm:. It is a hard process. I still take some oxycodone as needed. I am spending the morning taking my after breakfast nap. It is hard to explain to people who have not had this experience how frustrating it is and scary. I admit I worry the pain will stay - though for me the pain is more hip than knee!!! I still cannot walk more than 1/2 block before my hip starts screaming.
This site keeps me sane:praying:
 
It is very normal to feel exhausted with just the little most output of our energy. This goes on for quite sometime as you slowly build up stamina. It makes you realize. yes... I did have major surgery!

And yes, listen to your wife! :) You can easily overdo it at nearly 2 months and depending what you do, it can take days to recover. Please be careful.
 
just asking these last days ive developed a stinging/throbbing sting around the knee cap area is this normal or is there something to be concerned about :what:
 
I had stinging, too. My PA said it was nerves reattaching. I don't think it's anything to worry about and it will go away and come back again a few times, but the pain will lessen.
 
Yep. I get them also. Learned that on this forum they call them "zingers". I notice them most when I'm trying to fall asleep or elevating legs while watching a tv show.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I still get some zingers in my numb spots. So strange, the outside is numb and the inside zings! But, those zingers aren't nearly as bad as they were 6 months ago!
 
If 'zingers' are nerves re-attaching, then that is a good thing isn't it? I've been noticing them lately. I've also noticed that the numb area is becoming less numb. Is there a connection?
 
At 4+ months I am still getting the zingers, especially after more activity.
 
I do hope so for you! My numb area has only decreased minimally despite zingers. My OS said sensation might return in 1, 2 or 3 years or not at all:shrug:... And he didn't know why it was so, meaning why some of his patients got sensation back and others didn't. :sigh:
 
I had a partial replacement 6 years ago and I still had some numb areas from that going into my revision. It never really bothered me and rarely thought about it. I expect I will have numbness forever in some spots :shrug:
 
The "amazing moving pain" is pretty normal throughout this recovery. They don't tell you that, but we understand because collectively we've just about experienced it all. :)
 
The "amazing moving pain" is pretty normal throughout this recovery. They don't tell you that, but we understand because collectively we've just about experienced it all. :)

My doctor just told me on Thursday to expect pains moving from place to place with no rhyme or reason. All very normal.
 
Another harsh lesson today:yikes: - beware of knocking the op knee -today accidentally knock my knee not to hard but hard enough and wow for a moment I became extremely light headed and yes I saw stars too and became really worried that I caused damage to knee, still really anxious about knee seems it take a long while to not having the thought of knee most of the time , dare not put any pressure of knee at all and afraid to kneel at all
 
Well, as my OS told me we probably can't hurt the implant, but I expect your soft tissues were not happy with the "knock." My PT and I practiced kneeling one day . . . I can do it (not to the ground) but to something soft about 18" up - though it is certainly not something I would choose to do at this point in my recovery. Some day . . . .
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom