Guest viewing is limited

MUA knee so stiff<<

9 weeks in and Dr gave ok to return to work and will be going back in three weeks time , though must admit not sure if that be ok I have got a job that requires me to be on my legs most of the time plus I have got to walk to work approx. 1 mile before starting my job plus I got walk home:hiking: , thinking about getting electric bike this might help :biking:, I've got no car at present and after my stroke last year I not even considering getting a car, think I'm going to suffer walking to work, seeing works OP/HEALTH before returning so I know I will be on reduced working hours for first month
 
went down town today short walk about and knee got very tight but pleased I was able to do a little, but soon has got home wow I felt so tired :zzz:and been sleeping for about 3 hours, still on both crutches are anyone else still on crutches 9 weeks in:old:
 
I'm still using one or two trekking sticks for distances longer than 300 meters / yards. I bought myself a collapsible cane yesterday. Haven't tried it yet, but it'll be easier to use and then carry in a bag or put away if at movie, theatre etc.
 
Must admit these last 3 days ive developed a real and sudden extreme tiredness , is this normal for recovery time:sleeep: even after doing very little
 
thanks KarriB@ thought it was just me, especially after 9 weeks post op thought I should not feeling so tired as if all I want to do is sleep all the time:alarm:
 
One actvity a day was about all I could handle. It's also one of the reasons my OS insisted I return to work mornings only for 6 weeks. Even when I went back to swimming at 7-8 months I experienced fatigue and could only swim 3-4 of my typical 15 laps. It took a month to work up to my normal swimming.
 
Anyone got any feedback on bath transfer bench are they helpful for us tkr guys, ive not got a shower just an old fashion bath,:bath:
 
Hello - hope you are doing better sorry about you loss, it can't be easy but try and let family do the work and just being there will help. I too was only given codeine 4 x daily plus 2 paracetamol 4 x daily don't know why here in the uk you actually have to ask if you need something stronger, it was like being give headache tablets for a knee replacement. I am almost 4 weeks out haven't done a great deal of pt only been twice to hospital pt and do a bit at home, I have found walking with my walker best very stiff at first especially middle of night toilet or 1st thing in the morning. You seem to be doing very well apart from the depression which I think in some of us is normal doesn't take much for me to burst in to tears but we will get there. I really don't know what to think about you going back to an all day standing job especially if you have to walk the 2 mile round trip, that's enough in itself, please re-think that you don't want any set backs now, thinking of you xxx
 
I'm still napping at odd times...most of the time during shows I want to watch or while listening to podcasts. I now know to set alarm on my phone when I decide to "just take a litte rest"
 
It took a while. Guestimate I slept through around 3rd week. But there is a caveat. Even before surgery I would wake up to go to the loo once or twice...that stayed the same. I would then take a pain tablet or Tramal drops and go back to sleep.
 
Can't wait for that all night sleep seems impossible at the moment but I do nap from 1.30 - 2.30 every day after doing exercises I treat it like a reward to do the darn exercises still can't straighten fully have to sleep on side then hips hurt - oh well another day nearly passed another day for all of us to get to that pain free, stiff free, enjoying life again stage feels like we are wishing our lives away.
 
@Milosnanna My hip was really bothering me. Both during the day and at night. My doctor gave me a corrisone injection in my hip and now that pain is gone.
 
You should have browse in our Forum Library. There are several articles in there about it.

Anyone got any feedback on bath transfer bench are they helpful for us TKR guys, I've not got a shower just an old fashion bath
I used one for my first knee - couldn't have managed without it! However by the time I got my second knee done, I'd had the bath ripped out and a lovely shower cubicle installed instead!
 
Thankyou Josephine@ will be trying the bath board if its not going to work ,will then consider having bathroom remodelled including shower has now learnt too my wife going to have knees replaced, also thankyou Milosanna@ for your kind enquires ., I do very little exercises but I do fair amount of walking plus have a house in which I had to empty due to lost of my mum which is nearly done , rest of family doing most of work , but this is more than I need to do if not to much . Night time my pain can be bad and stop me sleeping sometimes I'm lucky at this stage 9 weeks post op to get 4 hours sleep and it shows (dark eye lips) I'm taking solpadol 50mg helps a little doctor also gave me tramadol but afraid to take these due to adverse reactions, I do relax sitting on bed in afternoons for few hours, unable to sleep even then , not because of knee, but just unable to sleep, even though overtired
 
cannot see anyone comments. is the website still undergoing improvements, or am I doing something wrong regarding logging on etc
 
:welome:back Bonesmart how I miss you all even after your just a short break ., you are all a life line to me aand would really miss you all and your great support and advice if you left, just been to my last physio appointment all is well she said rom is 115 at a push she say so I'm happy with that , and also she says I need the other knee replaced and I been told all I got to do is to contact the NHS hospital and I'm almost in the same day ? but will wait until first knee is a little better and mentally fitted too, need all my strength :friends:
 
I'm glad you're done with PT, especially if they're pushing on that knee. Now you can get on with using that new knee, but remember, you're still recovering so don't over do.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom