Guest viewing is limited

THR Just got back yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds me of the old Pulp song, Disco 2000:
'your house was very small, with woodchip on the wall'....

Hi Forbesy, hope the storms have finished.
 
Yep thaey did in the end Suzie but it was just really strange to have them two days in a row, cracking weather today though I was down Crammond Beach with a young child working to help out one of my colleagues.
Nine year old and that was her second trip to a beach, told me that was her best day out ever. :sigh:Bless her
 
Hope you didn't get stuck over there like one of my work colleagues, he took a lot of stick when his wife phoned in and told us he had got stuck on the island with his daughter and had to get a life boat out to rescue them. :hysterical:
 
Well that's me about six months in and doing quite well, no pain whatsoever in my hip, only stiffness in my back, can bend now and pick up things quite easily, still struggle a wee bit with socks but do get there.
Cut the grass no bother, have stripped wood chip from a ceiling, have painted rooms and stained decking and recently helped my workmates carry a fridge up two sets of stairs at work.
I do feel slight twinges in my left hip that I felt a couple of years back with my right but they told me that was the worst hip [ the left ] hey ho I am due to go back to hospital next year so I will take it one month at a time and wait and see what happens from there.
My workmates who went to other posts but have come back for a visit have all told me I am walking much better so I can't complain.
So onwards and upwards until the next op. :thumb:
 
Way to go forbesy! Sounds like you are moving right along :thumb: ! You are not going to leave us though, are you?... I hope not! I enjoy your posts and your appreciate your compassion.

Well as for the socks, it has taken me a long time to get this one down pat, and I must say, I am happy for summer being here and not having to wear them.

I have had the best luck getting them on by putting my foot up on a chair. If I try to bend down to do it, it's been very difficult. Practice makes perfect as they say, and six months is still pretty early.

Overall, I think you are doing really well. Thanks for the update
and I wish you continued success in your recovery :friends:.
 
Hi Forbesy,
glad to hear you are doing well at 6 months.
(and let's hope that those twinges in the left leg stay just light twinges for as long as possible).
And if you ever feel like travelling down South to lift a fridge, let me know. I'd love to move things around in our kitchen. :wink1:
 
! You are not going to leave us though, are you?... I hope not! I enjoy your posts and your appreciate your compassion.

Your not gong to get rid of me that easy and thanks for all the support and that goes out to everyone on bonesmart.

You rally are a great bunch of people. :friends:
 
Sounds like you're doing really well Billy. It doesn't seem like 5 minutes ago since we were longing to be able to have a nice bath......time flies.
 
Hi Lisa

Hope you are doing ok, by the way I still get a kick out of having my bath.
Belive it or not I am decorating the extension I started in March which is not still finished [ minor setbacks.] but nearly there.
Final work on the outside unfortunately my roughcaster fell on a bit of glass and got eight stitches in his backside and the electrics have turned into a nightmare.

Billy
 
Well wish I had kept my big trap shut, My knee from the operated side has been giving a wee twinge nothing over the top in pain[ at the front ]. I took the dog for a walk to libby dams today and when I came back and sat at the computer for a while and stood up my knee gave this almighty click.
Still feels ok but I take it that's my bones still adjusting to my hip.:scratch:
 
Nah...it means you're getting old like the rest of us :loll:...

hee hee, cough, sorry, you are probably right...
 
Nah...it means you're getting old like the rest of us :loll:...

hee hee, cough, sorry, you are probably right...


Cheers for that Janet getting a bit of your own back I dare say, been climbing six in a block stairs, [flats to you young people across the big pond] if you know what I mean, to lift children down in car chairs, wonder if that is the problem.
Sure it is nothing to do with me being in my tender years. :biggrin:
 
Getting all technical there Cappy you been on the vody's :th_heehee:
 
Oh boy...now I got them going..:th_heehee:, laughter is the best medicine they say :biggrin:...
 
:hysterical::hysterical:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom