Guest viewing is limited

THR Just got back yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations, Grandpa! That long-lasting cough thing was rampant here in California last winter. It just lasted and lasted and lasted and came back and came back and came back. My lungs were a weak point for me for many years, and I know what it's like to cough for weeks on end. I have great compassion and empathy for you. Codeine cough syrup definitely helps sleeping, and it is one more narcotic.

I'm sending you a vision for health and lots of healing light and energy. Take good care.
 
Well it seems to be taking ages to get here Margo as I still have this stupid cough off and on.
Should have used carrier pigeon :th_heehee: More annoying than anything else.
Tip / Whilee sitting at another one of my colleagues computers today and the chair was really low I thought here we go I will be so stiff, to my surprise when I got up after using her foot rest under the table I was ok.
So I have borrowed it as she is off long term sick Shhhhhhhhhh don't tell her.

Oh and Baby Jay is doing fine thank you for all your kind reply's.

Billy.
 
Hi folks hope everyone is recovering well I am doin fairly well still have my stiff back and a slight numbness in my backside when I start to drive in the morning.
when I get out and stretch for five I feel fine.

The BIG question :scratch: is that last night around the back of tea time I got out my seat and stretched in my usual manner but to my surprise when I started to walk my back felt a lot more supple and my movement much better.
The question is was this just a one off or is this a sign of things to come is my back starting to eventually fall into place with the rest of my body.
 
Good news - it's probably things have settled. You are surely on your way forbesy. Easy does it! But very good progress!
 
Cheers Jacey not doin anything over the top as I don't want any setbacks, stiffness is back today but boy I felt like I could run a marathon last night although the settee and the tv were as far as I got.
Wen't for a nice stroll up Liberton Dams tonight Meg loved it.
 
:thumb: A vision for things to come I am sure!
 
Just a taste for you to remember how your back feels when it's working well, which is exactly what it will be doing, more and more. Poli, poli - which is Swahili for slowly, slowly. This recovery thing is definitely a marathon rather than a sprint.
 
You wouldn't be the first BoneSmartie who found back problems lessening or going away entirely after surgery and recovery. Alignment is so critical and it is possible that once everything is back in its proper place, that pain will get better. Here's hoping that's the case!!!
 
Well went back to swimming this morning it felt great to be back in the pool, must do this a couple of times a week instead of occasionally.
I am going to start climbing stair exercises as I still feel I need the support of the banister in the work, I do cope reasonably well but feel attending the pool more regularly is the best way forward.
Hope everyone is keeping well and I am still looking through the threads.
 
Same here Billy, sometimes I can go up normally but not without bannister at all. If I'm tired I have to do one step, both feet. Going down is fine but my knees grumble on stairs in both directions. Very crunchy and noisy.

Enjoy the swimming. I'm missing it now I'm back at work......bit tricky to fit around everything else. I certainly felt the benefit when I was going 2-3 times a week.
 
That's exactly like me Lisa.

Still use the bannister and also have crunchy knees. That's arthritis also:sigh:

Well done Forbesy about the swimming :biggrin:
 
Hi folks sorry I haven't been back for a while but I have been working on the house, believe it or not I stripped the ceiling of one of my rooms as it had wood chip on it.
Completed it today and went for a visit to Edinbugh Zoo 2 Hour walk up and down, It took me four days to do the roof and do I feel it today, mind when I was walking up and down the hills at the zoo I was fine and was leaving the father of the child who is seven years younger than me behind while I kept up with his son.
Going to put my feet up tomorrow fo a bit of this:sleepz:after I have had a bit of this :bathtub:
 
when I was walking up and down the hills at the zoo I was fine and was leaving the father of the child who is seven years younger than me behind while I kept up with his son.
I bet that felt really good! :wink1:
 
woodchip? that's a beggar of a thing, isn't it? I have woodchip on the walls of my bedroom. I want to redecorate but I keep looking at it and thinking 'naaah'! Having this dicky shoulder is a perfect excuse to put it off indefinitely! :hysterical:
 
I used a steamer to get it off and haven't sweated so much in a long time, better than being in a sauna I can vouch for that. :wink1:
 
Thunder and lightning again today second day in a row never seen that happen two days in a row. :doorscary:
 
Okay....dumb American here....what the heck is "wood chip" that is put on walls and ceilings of a house INSIDE???
 
It was a wallpaper from hell that someone decided was a great fashion statement back in the 60s. It actually had wood chips in the paper to give a woody effect



It sets like concrete over the years and will only come off about half a centimetre at a time!
 
Oh my....what a disaster!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom