THR Just got back yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Billy

a minor setback i am sure

Falling on your bahookie?!!! - not good but a temporary setback
 
Cheers guys still feel a bit tender today and don't intend to do anything strenuous of any sorts until the pain has calmed down have iced and put on some deep heat.
Still walking fairly well and will wait to see what the outcome is tomorrow,have an appointment at the doc's on Friday just in case.

Billy
 
Aww geeze Billy. Fingers crossed just a bruised bahookie. Please do let us know how you make out though.
 
You know what Billy, I think that sometimes we are in 'falling over' mode and at other times we are fine.
It's like when you start a day (week/month) with a mishap and the day/week just gets worse and worse.
And you mentioned that saying about the dreaded 'three things'.
So.... the answer is to REALLY take care of yourself for a while. Look twice for things that may trip you up, however unlikely, listen to your body when doing work around the house (so you will feel when there could be a chance of groin strain...).
In other words, go on the alert.
And then you'll be fine. :thumb:

Hope you will soon be feeling much less sore.

Suzie
 
Cheers for that guys and your concern for my elderly status as well Cappy.:snork: the good news fingers crossed I am feeling a lot better.
The problem now is my computer know I should probably put this on the social page but it is driving me up the wall.
I am covered by fsecure and it needed renewed and I did well for the past three weeks I have been told I am covered then get pop ups teeling me I am not. :skeptical: this led to my hard drive moving slower than the Hibs defence and that takes some beating.
Unfortunately the boy who was in my care got the hard drive customizred and when I got a disc from a neighbour to clean it up we discovered the two buttons for to load your discs were stuck. :hissyfit:
Hence we went back to our previous hard drive which he cleared and had touble loading up to our BT hub hence the switch to his.
When we returned bcak to ours we were faced with the same problem can't load up to the hub could it be our dongel [ what the do we do toataly baffled.]
Have a nice neighbour computer oriantated who has provided us with lead from the hub to the computer which appears to work at present and my son has installed AVG protection but not used to their popo ups yet.
so to cut a long story short I'm fine anyone help with my computer situation.
When my son bought this computer from the post office a few years back it was protected by Norton and neighbour feels that was the problem and were preventing us from loading to our hub for not taking their protection so she took Norton off and I am back at present.
Again thank you all for your concern Billy Boy is back.:thumb:
 
Norton has been notoriously hard to completely remove from a computer once it's on there. Good luck!!!
 
Billy, I used to use AVG free, but a couple of years ago it became very heavy and slow. Now I use AVAST free:
https://www.avast.com/free-antivirus-download

It's so much quicker than AVG and any of the others I've tried and apart from an American voice and a pop up telling you when it's been updated, there's no intrusion. Highly recommend it. :thumb:

As to Norton, I thought the same as Jamie. It sits there hidden away on your pc even after you think it's all gone.
You can google how to get rid of it, or try CCCleaner (also free):
https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
You do need to read the instructions carefully before you use it, or else you could lose more than you bargained for, but it's excellent at cleaning up c**p on a pc.
 
Hi Forbesy

Hope you have improved since your little tumble?

Girl from OZ thinking of you :)
 
Tjanks smja feeling pretty good now, and thaks for the pc info suzie and jamie, it really is doing my head in having to have this long lead to my computer at present but hey ho it's working and as my neighbour has said she feels that it is Norton causing the problems as I haven't taken their cover and may be possibly blocking my hub. :scratch:

Billy
 
Ok then. What did you find out about your fall on your bum? I have been very worried about you as I know I did some damage when I fell! What did the doctor say? Or did I miss something?

Hope you are feeling better...
 
Hi Folks

Sorry I never got back sooner I am absolutely fine now and for some reason unknown to myself and I can't put a time or date on it I haven't got the same stiffness in my back I used to have.
I seem to be able to get up without the same stifnees which is fantastic, hope It's not going to go back to what it was before, I really do feel good.
Ten month mark and I can now manouver better and seem to have lost the John Wayne swagger. :th_heehee:

Billy
 
Gee, perhaps landing on your bum wasn't a bad thing after all :DOH:! Just kidding...

So glad you have made even more progress! Keep up the good work!
 
Thanks for your concern guys :wink1:
And Janet I have to admit that did go through my brain for a moment.:snork:
 
Hi guys and girls

Just a quick message to wish all the lovely people on bonesmart all the best for 2012 when it comes. To all you new hippies waiting for your op a speedy recovery when it comes also.
Keep safe out there folks.

Billy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom