THR Just got back yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye Lisa her indoors is big on veg absolutely love broccoli and like most other veg.
The weather is starting to get cooler up her Lisa shockeroonie.
My back gets a bit stiff If I sit to long in the driving seat or at the computer in the work, fine when I am up walking
Billy.
 
Well had a few holidays to take before the end of October so took a full day off Wednesday midweek. My small extension is coming to a close and decided to give it another coat of paint, then thought what a beautiful day so I then proceeded to cut the grass, still felt great so I then proceeded to stain the decking, and my final contribution for the day was to take the dog for a walk up the dams.
This new hip malarkey doesn't half work a treat. :thumb:

Billy
 
Whoooo hoooo, Billy!!! You're starting to sound (dare I say it?)....NORMAL!!!:th_heehee:
 
Normal......pushing it there Jamie:th_heehee: Great to hear that you are getting those jobs done Billy. Sounds like it's all coming together for you - great stuff.
 
For all you newbies and old hands for the first time since my op I actually got a groin strain , and thought of all you lovely people on here that have had them can't explain why but only had it for a few days then was fine.
Still seem to be doing ok no major pain in my other knee [yet]maybe with groin strain doing a bit much but promise to take things easy.
Hang in there my fellow bone smarties.
 
As Lisa says, you take it easy Billy. This new hip malarky is great, but I read all that you had been doing before your groin strain and your comment on my thread about 'superwoman' (or man in your case) came to mind...... :wink1:.
Glad the strain has cleared up.
And that your house extension is ready through all your hard work. :thumb:
Now you stay warm up there in the 'cold North'. :wink1:
 
Billy

Your groin strain could have nothing to do with your hip replacement but it does reinforce what you have been saying to me and others that overdoing things can set the recovery back.

You seem to have had a very successful outcome with your new hip and long may it continue.

All the best

Dave
 
Good to hear from you Billy. Sorry about the strain, but I have to agree with the rest...YOU have been a naughty boy! Of course if you over do it, whether with a THR or not, you were bound to strain something.

We all do it, one way or another :blush:....Take care my friend.
 
Thanks Lisa, Suzie, Dave, and Janet feel it's important to share your wee setbacks with the new bonesmarts just to let them see it can happen.

Oh and Suzie the cold north I can't believe the weather just now for November long may it last.

Billy
 
Don't believe it out for a walk with a client and their children today and lost my footing and went up in the air to fall on my new hip side luckily I fell on the embankment and not the hard surface.
The client wanted to phone for an ambulance but I asked her to hold on until I seen what I was like.
I lay for what seemed like ages and this guy came across to check me, he checked the verge and it had given way hence me landing on my hip/bahookie.
Once up I felt fine but while having my tea tonight it got a bit sore so iced it and about to ice it again.
That's me had my groin strain and a fall but hold on they say it happens in three's Oh No :DOH:
 
Oh dear - sorry to hear that Billy. Hope the soreness doesn't last long. You be extra careful for few days now to make sure nothing else happens or we'll have to get you one of those bubble wrap suits that Nanamac needs! :th_heehee:
 
Now that is not good. did you not see my new rule in the forum? NO more falls in any way whatsoever!

Hope you're okay, Billy-boy! :thumb:
 
:hate-shocked:...THE DREADED FALL! I haven't been the same since mine Billy. Hope you only bruised yourself. I am investing in the bubble wrap after my December appointment. Please do be careful...:friends:
 
You may have some ouchies for a while to remind you to be careful from now on....but you should be just fine.
 
Snow and ice will be in my world soon. I worry greatly about falls. I will be VERY CAREFUL, I promise! The rest of you, you be careful too. Forbesy, be well soon.

Sharon
 
Oh dear Billy! Take it easy for a few days. Jamie is right - you may have some different aches and pains. Hope you are better today!
 
Giddy Billy, you are legend mate. I am only on week 4 and just starting to walk with out my crutches. Falling down is one of my worst fears, glad to see you are ok, keep up the good work.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom