THR Just got back yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers Jacey

Hope 2012 is a great and really lucky one for everyone.

Billy
 
Well another six weeks and that will be my first year in how time fly,s in. Think I will get my son to use his camcorder to take a wee movie to mark the occasion.
Mmmmm better get an 18 certificate for this one :snork:

Billy
 
That would be cool! So far it's all been our American members!
 
Will have to talk my son round buy sure I can manage that fingers crossed.

Billy
 
Hi Folks

Thats me one year in and no major problems with my hip, was going to get my son to use his shiny new camcorder but It's not out wrapper yet, did ask my wife to use her mobile but she cackled through the whole thing and had me laughing.
Due to go back to hospital at the end of April for a check up and to see how the other hip is coping, no serious problems yet just small twinges.
I would just like to thank all the people who came on my thread to support me through my op and to all you hippies who have been there to support others.
Of course special thanks to the top brass Jacey and Jamie and off course the woman who is there for everyone and was there for me Thanks Jo :thumb: and for all the tremendous work you do on this site.
To all the new hippies I wish you all a speedy recovery and hope 2012 will be a great year for us all.

Forbesy
 
Cheers Haldox

Was it really a year ago you came onto my thread to give me support how time fly's.

Billy
 
Wow Billy, can't believe it's been a year already. Well done on your recovery. And thank you for all the support you have offered on this site.

Hope you will continue to check in!
 
Cheers Cappy and Jacey

Will have to wait and see what they say at the hospital at the end of April feel they might call me in before the end of the year, when |i went for my last appointment they didn't fell in any hurry whatsoever.

Billy
 
Hi Folks just to update you that I have my yearly appointment on the 30th of this month to see how my right hip is holding up, everything fine with the right but it looks like the left is begining to now show signs of needing replaced.
The usual twinges in the left knee not a shock as they warned me it would be a matter of time before I needed the left done but they weren't sure when.
Will probably be quicker this time as they were waiting for me to get back to them and they would just put me on the list straight away.
Fingers and toes crossed I get Mr Porter again as my right replacement has been brill.
Hope all you fellow hippys are all bearing up and are doing fine.


Billy
 
Congrats Billy! Must admit doing this one of mine sooner rather than later has been a much better idea! I've had a much easier time so if your OS says it's time, just do it :thumb:!
 
Hello Billy, welcome back! My advice to you is.... don't wait. I had 4 months between mine and I'm getting on just fine. Even though the left wasn't hurting as much, I figured out if they were prepared to do it, why wait? It won't get any better, we're not getting any younger (well, you may be but I'm certainly not) and waiting lists are certainly not going to get any shorter.

Good luck and let us know what they say at your appointment.
 
Funny that welshjane my left doesn't seem as sore as my right tring to gauage it i would say I am about were I was in may 2010 more painfull at night,will just wait and see what they say at my appoinment but found it funny when i popped into the docs to be told yep they have been waiting on you to get back to them :biggrin:
 
Glad to see your update. You jumped on my thread early on and I am sure many others. Glad things are going so well. ...and what I now know at 3 1/2. Months out is if I have to eveentually get the other one done, there will be no hemming and hawing on my part. I will be saying "let's go" as I believe my waiting is what has slightly hampered my recovery ( from being so weak around the hip going into it).

...and as welshjane says, we are not getting any younger. Congrats on a good year! , cathy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom