THR Jetlag's Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW Kevin you are crazy:wink1:! Not about the 1 mile walk(good job by the way:thumb:) but to do it in today's weather:no2:
 
Thanks Z, Sarah, Jo, and Haldox !

Jo you are correct - I was expecting you to give me a whippin !!
 
Ouch !!! No this is not me, thank goodness. It's one of those rather spectacular photos that reinforces why we should obey the OS post-op restrictions ! Hover your mouse over the thumbnail to see larger image (IF you want to !)
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Jetlag's Recovery
    1134fig3.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 238
Oh my goodness - that hurts just looking at it! A good reminder Kevin!

How did you feel the day after your walk by the way?
 
Thanks for asking Jacey - felt good, so trying to go every other day outside and increase the distance a little. Does my head good to to get outside - I'm an outdoors guy,
 
Oh man, Kevin.......I can just hear the screaming!!!! That is a sobering xray for sure!!
 
OMG, Kevin, how absolutely horrendous for the person....

My question though, would be why are you looking at the net for these.... :):):):):):) Certainly is a reminder though!

Fantastic on your 1 mile walk, great to get out isn't it.. :)
 
Glad you weren't sore from the walk Kevin. That's the way to do it - little by little build up the distance. You are on your way!
 
Oh goody! Another nice one for my archive! :yes 4: Where did you get that from, Kevin?

What I really need is a good xray of a subluxed THR. Got one of a subluxed hip but that's not the same.
 
Big mental boost today .... 3 months after L hip, and 37 days after R hip, I got the "all clear" from the OS to resume all activities with no restrictions. (watch out wifey). Completed formal PT yesterday but will still continue with exercises on my own of course. R hip still feels a little uncomfortable at times but the L feels great. Today's news was a sense of accomplishment somehow - and looking back on 4 months ago I could not even walk around the block without being in pain. All of this has been worth it for me, and I am so grateful. I'll try to post a pic of my "new set" as soon as I can - we are having some technical difficulties getting the image.
 
Excellent report, Kevin!!! Congratulations on your "graduation" :thumb:
 
Wow - big milestone Kevin! Well done! Look out world, Kevin is on the loose. :snork:
 
We will all be looking to the skies soon.....
 
With my slight leg length discrepancy, (longer on the right leg), watch for planes in a shallow right turn as my foot rests on the rudder pedal. Wife and I are going snorkeling next week, and I'll probably be in a slow LEFT turn while swimming !
 
Great news Kevin!

Please make sure that you continue to find the time to take care of the newer one...Because it is pretty darned new.

Enjoy the snorkeling. If you have not been swimming I think you will find it to be a very comfortable therapy on your hips, but avoid the tendency to overdo it (cuz it feels SO good)

Z
 
Here's the new me.

Since I feel LLD (leg length discrepancy), I asked the OS to show me how they measure it on the x-ray. They draw a line parallel to the pelvis by having the line just touch the openings indicated by the arrows.

Then they see where this line intersects the femur on each leg - right on that "little knobby piece" (sorry I don't know the name for it) on the inside of each femur. As you can see, mine is almost identical, just slightly higher on the right leg (left side of photo), which means from that point down is slightly longer on the right leg .... 1 or 2 mm at the most. That's quite small, but also quite noticeable at first to the patient. It's getting better and they tell me in 4-6 months my muscles will have become accustomed to it as my new set point.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Jetlag's Recovery
    IMAGE_31.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 262
Kevin,

That's very cool...my LLD (until I decide to do the other hip) is a LOT more...

But I wonder who can explain why we can see detail IN the cup implant in your pelvis...I always thot they just showed up as metal areas...with no details... I'll have to go back and look at mine again.

How soon b4 you'll be flying again?

Z
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom