THR Jetlag's Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z as for seeing "in" the cup, possibly because the implant has a polyethylene liner between the metal cup & metal ball. I assume the x-rays penetrate that poly like butter an make it look like a void ? Just guessing. I'll be working again in early March.
 
Hi Kevin,

Your news is fabulous, congratulations you really have been such a great inspiration during the past few months! The X-ray picture is brilliant, this all still amazes me how clever these OS folks are and how they can perform these surgeries.

Here's a left field question anyone can chime in why are there more men doing this type of surgery Vs women, do you think it's a physical type of job cutting bone? Im sure there are women doing this just don't think, well maybe seen one post referencing a woman Mmmmmmm!

Love you are going back to flying and thanks for the heads up on the slight angle you will be flying hahahah!

Wishing continueed success and all the best!

Sarah
 
Hi Sarah,

My friend is in the medical field, though not in orthopedics, and she says you have to be very strong to wrestle around the bodies and bones both, so that may be why. Very physical work...Glad that someone likes to do it!!!
 
Hi Kevin

Pigeon pair... How beautiful.....

Mmmmmm... We luv to snorkel, but at our beach house the water temp is at it's warmest around Easter... So hanging out for that..

Have a great time :)
 
Your story is remarkble. I've been a bit busy with my new "freedom", I am still out of work an PT is burning some of that fee time.

Catching up on the board, I can say that you are doing quite well, what an inspiration!
 
Kevin.....great portrait of your new hips!!! Congratulations on your progress and I bet you have a wonderful time snorkeling. Hope you can take some photos for us!!
 
In lieu of doing in-home exercises today, I used the snowblower on 3 driveways. It was no more difficult than the PT exercises most of us do, and I was very careful. My wife was a tad reluctant to have me do it, but on the other hand I think she's glad to see me returning to being a useful person around the house again. It felt good to be out there, especially at this stage of the game. That's enough snow for me though - I'm ready for spring now.

Kevin
 
Im glad to hear you got some "normal" work done and you came out of it without a hitch.

How much snow did you get up there? We were supposed to have between 4 and 9 inches last night, nothing but rain showed up though this far south.:rolleyespink:

Very, very sick of snow/cold myself:hairpulling:
 
Way to go, Kevin!!! That should be excellent therapy for you. Hope you get spring soon, though! I'll send you some from Kansas!!!

[Bonesmart.org] Jetlag's Recovery
 
That's sweet, Jamie! I was fascinated a couple of night ago - I went outside about midnight and was treated to a show of snowdrops all glowing in the street light! They were all over the garden, I had no idea I had so many! There weren't as many last year, I'm sure.
 
Weekly Update :

Snorkeling went well ..... no pain at all, in fact as many of you mentioned to me, it would feel good while swimming. And no I didn't go in circles due to the LLD.

Kevin
 
Yay, glad everything went great!

And no I didn't go in circles due to the LLD.

Kevin
Aww too bad, could've strapped a shark fin to your back and had some fun with the other snorklers.... dun-dun! dun-dun! dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun-dun:th_heehee:
 
Wow - now I am really jealous!
 
That does sound like fun!

Congrats Kevin! When are you going back to the air...work....isn't it time?
 
Anita -

There will be no shirtless pictures of Jetlag on this forum ..... let's just say that I'm no Brad Pitt with my shirt off !!! I can tell you though, that this last week I put my new hips thru a new circuit of real life tests of snorkeling, sailing, long drives, swimming, etc and I'm quite pleased at how well they are doing. 8 weeks post op tomorrow, and I feel like a new man. Just keep that Brad Pitt visual in mind, and leave it at that.

Kevin
 
Wow Kevin! Sounds like you are really putting those new hips to the test! I can't believe how much you are doing just 8 weeks from #2. Well done!
 
OK Kevin, since you insist we will all call you Brad from now on...

Take care.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom