Guest viewing is limited

THR Jetlag's Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin....great photo!!! You look like one happy pilot.
 
Love the photo. I agree it is SOOOOO good to be pain free and not whiny all the time.:thumb:
 
Don't forget us Kevin! Do stop by once in awhile and update!
 
Thanks everyone. Going thru security is a bit of a pain, but it's a small price to pay for getting my life back again.

The two new hips set the metal detector alarms off like a Christmas tree.
I inform them that I have metal implants. TSA must resolve the alarm either by me going thru an x-ray scanner, or a physical search (pat down). We get exposed to enough radiation at work already in the flight deck, so I opt for the physical search.

This turns out to be a VERY through search - every square inch of my body - even have to feel my testicles (really). Quite bothersome but we don't get any special privileges.

Then they swipe my shoes & hands with a cloth and run it thru their explosive sniffing machine. Yesterday my shoes tested positive, so that took even more time to resolve.

This routine occurs every day for me now - but I just keep reminding myself it's worth it to be out of pain and do the things I want to do again.

Rant over - thanks for listening.

Kevin
 
On the flip side of this if I'm looking for a cheap thrill maybe i can opt for the physical search HAHAHAHAH! If its a cute TSA agent I'll vote for the pat down if not give me the machine. thinking about this I don't think I've ever seen a cute TSA agent, sorry...or maybe I wasnt paying attention I was just trying to get through quickly!

Happy Safe Travels Kevin!

Here's hoping the agent doesnt say cough <--- hope this came across funny?
 
Kevin,
Don't blame you for ranting! Can't blame you for not wanting to go through the X-ray scanner considering how often you would be going through it. I choose to go through the X-ray if available but I fly WAY less then you do....last flight out of Newark, no X-ray available, I had TSA agent from hell....I know they are doing their jobs but.....aaarrrgghh:( hopefully they will implement a frequent flyer security program one of these days for people like you!
Dee
 
even have to feel my testicles (really). Quite bothersome ...
:hate-shocked: I've heard of 'intimate searches' on suspected felons but you're staff for pity's sake! 'Bothersome' is hardly the word for it!
 
This turns out to be a VERY through search - every square inch of my body - even have to feel my testicles (really).


hi Kevin,
Perhaps they think you've got a musket stashed somewhere about your person!?

Charlie
 
I thought that just had to show something explaining the implant. That would be a pain in the boys.

Sara it came out wrong! So unlike you. To think you are anythng but an Angel is unreal
 
Documentation of an implant is useless - too easy for the bad guys to fabricate.

The ironic thing is if I wanted to do something bad with the airplane, all I would need is my bare hands.

As far as the body search goes, if I got to select the attractive female TSA agent to conduct the search, I would not mind a bit. But of course that's not who it is - always the "same gender", and even then, the least likely candidate anyone would choose.

Oh well,

Kevin
 
Hahaha,
Love it Kevin !.....I felt the same way.....well, in reverse, my last pat down. There was a really attractive young guy who was one of the TSA agents and I'm thinking "Hmmm, might not be so bad!". Suddenly, I'm called over to an extremely grouchy, old female TSA agent for a VERY intrusive pat down......not fun at all! maybe we should be able to choose the agent we want....just saying:)
Dee
 
I am psyched ! Achieved a personal goal yesterday and walked 5 miles. It's been many years since I've been able to walk that far - and now pain free! The new hip joints did fine .... some other muscles are a little stiff & sore, but that's okay with me. It was just one more reminder of how grateful I am of the positive outcome of the THRs.

Kevin
 
Kevin,
Wow! Great job.....isn't it wonderful to be doing things that weren't possible for years! Sounds like you're doing great:)
 
Way to go, Kevin!!!!

I'm with you about choosing who does our pat-downs. We have so few perks these days with airline travel.....:th_heehee:.
 
Five miles, no wonder you are thrilled, that is awesome..... Congrats! :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom