THR Jaydub63 port side recovery

Hope you rest well....new Christmas hippy.:santaclap:
 
Hmmm! Not familiar with the Trader Joe's' dark chocolate Joe Joe's...going to check it out.
Thanks for the tip!

It's great to hear you're feeling better and more independent each day. Such a wonderful feeling!
Yes, I'm sure the numbness is exactly what you mentioned. Did you ever cut up a whole chicken?
KIDDING! I hope you didn't think I'd really go there again, lol! Suffice it to say they cut through a lot so some serious healing and regeneration is going on.

I received a weekly phone call also from a nurse post op. I really appreciated it because they were very kind and patient. They'd ask questions, then ask if I had any and I usually did. It was nice for peace of mind if I had any concerns.

Wishing you a great week @jaydub63
 
Gee, I'm jealous! This time around, I had a call from the coordinator at the surgery center the day after release to see how I was doing - traded messages but never actually talked to her. Last time, no call from the hospital or anywhere else. I don't even have my first follow up with my OS until a month after the surgery. Unless he peeked at it during this surgery, neither he nor anyone from his office has ever set their eyes on my incision/scar since the first surgery! I joked that he'd know if he was operating on the wrong hip if he saw his own handiwork there. His response was that he always signed the correct hip during pre op with the patient to avoid that problem - in other words, humor comprehension is not his strong suit!
 
My surgeon wrote "YES KS" on my hip during his pre-op check in (KS his initials). I can still see it even through all the pre op scrubbing and a few showers since the surgery so that was some good ink!

I'm already anticipating my 2 week check next Tues. What are good things to ask? I do want to see an x-ray of the hip and want to know more about easing back into an exercise program. I'd also like to get cleared to use my stationary bike although my bum might not be up for that for a few more weeks.

The knee swelling is down considerably this am, perhaps because I did some elevation laying on my bed rather than in my chair/ottoman set up. I'll have to keep that up (no pun intended).

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
Try some cold cream. My son was a swimmer and they write events etc (and pictures/messages) on skin with sharpies (which is what my surgeon used). Best way to get it off was Noxzema cold cream (and soften the skin while you're at it).
 
I used to wash my face with that as a teenager! I'll try a little rubbing alcohol first.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
Neither alcohol nor nail Polish remover worked for me.
 
Try a loofah @jaydub63 Both my OS and I initialed my op leg on front side right above my knee. I had posterior approach so in scrubbing it off with a loofah I was no where near my incision.

At my first post op visit I didn't see the OS, only PA and I was kind of bummed about that. My apt was 3 weeks out due to the 4th of July holiday. I believe my OS and team were all on vacay otherwise it would have been 2 weeks until first appt.
This is what I recall asking:
How does my x-ray look (it was up on the computer monitor) so we both could see it.
When can I drive
Please look at my incision....is it healing well
What are my components
Can I quit using the DVT cuffs
Can I burn the compression socks
Why is my knee bruised and swollen 18 days post op
PT or not...
I sure others will have input also....

Hope you have a great day!

Haha! On the Noxema. Used it as a teen too.
Also some astringent called 10-0-6 Bonne Bell....remember that?
 
@Layla LOL on the 10-0-6 I used that too. Did you collect those Lip Smacker lip balms in all the flavors? And I as I recall I went through a lot of Stridex pads for my breakouts. Good times.

Trying to get a start on my Christmas cards today and maybe a little on-line shopping later. No way I am venturing out to a store while I'm on the walker although I feel up to more extended walk than I can get at home. I have to remember I'm not even a week out and what I can do at home is just fine :yahoo:. I promise no garage cleaning like @Berber7227.
 
This is funny and brings back memories! I can still recall the scent of 10-0-6.
Yes! On the Lip Smackers. I remember I liked Dr. Pepper best. Not even the subtle scent but that it
went on a faint glossy red, coloring my lips, felt like I was wearing lipstick even though I wasn't, lol!

Yes, I had Stridex but only on ocassion. I grew up in a family of 5 kids and my mom thought some of that stuff was a silly waste of money. What did she know?!! So I'd use babysitting money. I remember her telling me to use rubbing alcohol as an astringent. She said It's way cheaper and the main ingredient anyway.....yucky! Too medicinal, reminds you of a doctor's office :heehee:

You're doing great, keep it up. Sounds like you're staying busy which helps with that boredom that inevitably sets in. You can always come back here and we can reminisce :heehee:
Dippity Do, pink hair tape, Love's Baby Soft, Love's Fresh Lemon, Lip Quencher, etc hahaha!
 
OMG the Dr. Pepper lip smacker was my favorite for the same reason! And I probably thought I was getting away with something since my mother wasn't much for letting me wear make up. I didn't experience Dippity Do or hair tape since I lucked out with natural curls, but I remember my older sister having all that in the bathroom! I come from a big family too (I'm the youngest of 6) and I think my mom was just over dealing with all of that when I was a teenager so I bought it for myself when I would walk to the "library" on the weekend :heehee:.

I have to admit I haven't wore a drop of makeup since last Tues and not sure when I'll do it again lol! Maybe when I know that I'll see someone other than hubby.
 
That was one of the worst things about going back to work - makeup and worrying more about my hair. I'm glad pantyhose are no longer required and its easy to wear flats with almost anything!:heehee:
 
I'm not sure, actually... But there seems to be one for almost every addiction out there so I wouldn't be surprised. I don't however feel like my life has become unmanageable as a result so I think I'm okay...or perhaps I'm just firmly planted in denial. Hahahaha.

DISCLAIMER: A note to anyone reading
.... I'm just being silly and not at all actually poking fun at addiction. I am quite familiar with the seriousness of addiction and with the 12 step program. I've attended many an Al-Anon meeting, as I have an Alcoholic father.
 
So how do you rate the Dr Pepper version, assuming they still sell it? Do you have a favorite flavor?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
Strawberry. Good ol' faithful! I had a giant one too, which was fantastic because I could cover both lips in one swipe! Haha unfortunately I had it tucked in my coat pocket and one day, while getting out of the car, it must have slipped out and rolled under because I ended up driving over it. I mourned. It was a sad, sad day. Haha

Dr Pepper is definitely a top 5 fave, next to Rootbeer, Peppermint, Grape, and of course the Strawberry.
 
Experiencing winter storm Chloe today (when did they start this ridiculous practice of naming winter storms??) so hubby and I had a quiet day at home. Cabin fever is starting to creep in for me! Hard to believe my surgery was a week ago already. I can walk a short distance pretty well without the walker, although I'll be compliant and keep it close by. I've started doing a few minor chores like folding a basket of laundry that hubby did and washed some pots, loaded dishwasher, etc. I also made lunch for both of us today - just grilled cheese sandwiches but it's a start! And my on-line shopping is revving up except I have no idea what to get my 22 yo son. He's in college so what he needs most is $$ but that seems rather impersonal. I got him a few stocking stuffers when I was in Europe a few weeks ago but need some other ideas.

I think my first chance to get out of the house will be on Friday this week. Hubby is taking me with him when he goes to see our trainer Friday afternoon. It will be primarily social for me, although I want to try walking on her treadmill for a few minutes. And she'll probably talk me into a few bicep curls while I'm there lol.
 
You're doing awesome!!! I've been doing my Christmas shopping online too. Something I did for both my sons (18 and 21) is I purchased them each a years subscription to premium underwear and socks. So...each month they will receive on pair of Premium Brand Boxer Briefs (such as Saxx and MyPakage, which average $30 per pair) and a pair of premium brand fun socks. They both complain about the whole having to buy socks and underwear part of adulting, not to mention neither would ever budget $30 for a single pair of underwear. So it's a lovely gift that keeps giving! End of the year they will each have a dozen new pair of socks and underwear!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom