THR Jaydub63 port side recovery

Just got home. My cats are pretty freaked out by the walker as I suspected they would be. I've settled into a chair with my leg elevated and a lovely ice pack where I intend to spend the afternoon. Good thing I have not had much pain. Insurance would only allow for 30 oxy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
My son and I were talking about that the other day. Insurance would not have a hard fast rule - they are overruling the doctor who know the patient and the procedure the patient went through! They're shorting the meds on patients who need them and are not sufficiently mobile to get back to the doctor for a new script! Doctors may have to start issuing 2 scripts instead of 1. Contact your doctor and explain and maybe they can mail you a new script for the balance. and do it today. You shouldn't count on reaching the doctor F-Sun.

On a side note, I was surprised that neither my insurance nor the pharmacy cut back the 10 supply AND the pharmacy allowed my 16 YO son to drop off and pick up my meds without ever calling the phone number on the file to verify. I'd planned on him dropping them off and us picking them up later with me in the car.
 
Last edited:
Hi @jaydub63
Happy to hear you're back home and comfortable.
Hopefully you'll get some quality rest. Thankfully you're not in much pain.
Wishing you a relaxing evening....
 
@SaraK I see now that my doc wrote the oxy script for taking more than I was in the hospital so I think I'll be ok unless my pain goes way up over the next few days with more movement. I've only been taking 1 every 4-6 hours and pain has been well controlled. But you are right in that essentially they are overriding doc orders and I have no history of taking opioids for anything else.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
Also no compression stockings and just aspirin for clot control - yay! Maybe because I'm a bit thrombocytopenic so risk is a little lower.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
I have the intermittent compression cuffs for 10 days and aspirin for 30 days. I'm likely active enough though that I might ditch the cuffs early or just use them at night.
 
I found they give the initial script and will accept a later refill.
 
First night at home went nicely. Stayed in bed from 10 pm to almost 6 am and got some much needed sleep. My big goal for the day is a shower since my hair is really gross and I still have iodine all over my leg. I haven't gotten a good look at the incision yet but they took my dressing off yesterday and said I didn't need to keep anything on it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
You'll find that first shower is heavenly - it will do so much to make you feel better. It will also wear you out so plan a nice nap afterwards. Actually, plan a nice nap whenever you can! I finally learned to silence my phone because it never failed - I would just drop off and someone would call to check in on me. Take care!
 
:goodpost: @jaydub63
Oh yes! First shower is heavenly, although a little wobbly at the time.
Have someone close by, within earshot, in case you need help.
Smelling fresh as a daisy is the best feeling after wondering if you smell like a farm animal.
I mean C'mon....how many of us wait days for a shower?
Although I normally take one daily my husband had to lure me in because I was fearful
and didn't think I had the energy.

Great on the sleep....you're doing well, keep it up.
 
The shower went well and was almost a little comical. I joked with hubby that he should come in with me (we have a very small stall shower) and apparently he took me seriously lol. I couldn't have fallen down if I tried. I felt pretty stable standing there but made it a quick one. It sure does make a difference in how you feel!

Planning to watch a movie this afternoon with a bowl of popcorn to see if that gets #2 on track.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
Awesome on the shower.
Glad it went well. I hope you enjoyed popcorn and a movie....fun!
Wishing you a great weekend!
@jaydub63
 
You sound like you are doing great @jaydub63.
My OS also does no compression stockings and aspirin, but I’m on that for 6 weeks. And nothing fancy going on with my platelets. Teehee.
Excellent on having a shower stall; I waited over three weeks for that first shower due to ours being over a tub.
Enjoy the movie and the popcorn and the ice ice ice.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yay for shower and a movie!!! We have a shower bench on loan so hubby could get me sitting in the tub shower. He's not confident in letting me stand in our stand up shower in our bedroom bathroom....such party pooper! Hahaha
 
Sounds like you’re doing great :tada:
 
Onward and upward...Yay for small victories! Showers, short walks, poops, etc.
Hope today is a Good Day.
 
Showers are a wonderful thing. All the small victories add up to recovery.
 
I should have surgery more often (jk)! It seems to be bringing out my hubby's inner chef. He made a wonderful chicken dish with a mustard corn sauce last night and oatmeal raisin cookies from scratch. Of course he is from the "I need to use every pot and utensil just to boil water" school of cooking so I'm trying to overlook the mess in the kitchen lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom