Guest viewing is limited

THR Jaydub63 port side recovery

Lucky You! Gourmet meals at home:yes!:
I can relate to the mess though, they're way less efficient
when it comes to rationing how many dishes to dirty, lol!
Hope you have a great day :flwrysmile:
@jaydub63
 
Amazing what they can do. I never minded doing dishes if he cooked. For right now, just don’t look at the kitchen.
 
@jaydub63 - Enjoy the moment! I'm not the greatest cook in the world and don't always cook on weekdays anyway, but we've definitely been living on dining out and take out this last week. My 16YO son did make steak and baked potatoes for my birthday dinner last night, but that's stretching his capabilities! You seem to be doing well and progressing and I'm so glad to hear it. Turning staying in into movie night was a great idea! and after such a sexy shower scene - oo la la!
 
Mine didn't get in with..just helped get in...monitored...then help me out.
Said is the part he misses most from recovery...:blush:
 
Sunday morning 4 days post op. Made my own breakfast today and am now relaxing with an ice pack on my hip and a therapy cat on my lap while reading a book. Lots of ice water and elevation too. I did notice a little more swelling in my knee area since yesterday, perhaps because I was up on my feet quite a bit. I'll elevate while watching football this afternoon.

I'm going to start tapering the oxy today as I am not feeling much need to continue with it. Only taking 1 tab 3x day so will eliminate one dose to see how I do. Still taking Tylenol and will keep up that dosing for now.

Wishing all a pleasant Sunday!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
I have found with tapering off pain pills that instead of eliminating a full dose that I would half the dose if the pills were tablets that could be cut. Then after a few days if pain managed eliminate one half at a time.
 
Thanks @MammaT for the suggestion. These aren't scored so I probably can't split the dose very easily.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
I have used a sharp knife with good results even without scoring, and some use a pill cutter.
 
I have some meds that my doctor has me cut since she changed the dose. I was told that it was OK to cut pills I'd not long-acting/slow release med and something (like pain meds) where precise dosing isn't vital.
 
I am on 2perks every 4-4.5 hrs, I find these tough, After 5 days is it too early to cut to 1 every 4. and should I add tylenol to the mix
 
@tyorke Percocet has Tylenol in it (it's oxycodone + tylenol) so if you reduce perks and add Tylenol that has to be factored in. Talk to your doc office first if you need to make a change.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
Each person is different on when it's OK to start dialing back. Don't feel like you need to taper if you still need the meds to manage pain. There are different ways to taper. I lowered the size of the dose and altered the timing (like taking 1 every 3 hours or cutting in half and taking 1+1/2 every 4 hours). I would think that, as long as total dosage within a given timeframe doesn't exceed the maximum, it should be ok. Your doctor's office can provide more info if you need it.
 
I'm already taking the lowest dose at the longest interval and not needing to dose overnight so for me I think it's time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
@jaydub63 - That's fantastic! I've still been using a small bedtime dose but am going to try getting rid of that since I start back to work tomorrow.
 
So nice to hear you feeling so well this short of time out, but please just be careful. Often people cut back too soon because they feel they are doing well enough so don't need it, not realizing the reason they are feeling well enough is because they have been taking the medication. I've been guilty of it....and subsequently found out firsthand how hard it is days later to chase the pain (which can manifest as all sorts of things from stiffness to twinges and aches and swelling, not just the obvious). As mods here are always saying, we don't need to be Hero's....meds are a vital part of good recovery. :) :-) (:
 
Thanks all for words of wisdom on tapering especially those of you who have been there, done that. Not trying to be a hero, just seeing what works best for me.

In other news, two #2s today - yippee!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
You sound great @jaydub63
On the knee: My began to show bruising and some swelling on about day 17 post op.
They use the knee as leverage to dislocate the hip. Ice and elevate, best you can do.
Wishing you a peaceful evening and great week ahead!
 
@Layla I've noticed my knee was okay the first two weeks, but it is getting increasingly sore now. Part of it is surely me walking properly after five years. I am a little surprised, though, that this is only showing two to three weeks after surgery. Wonder why?
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom