THR Jaydub63 port side recovery

Decent underwear and socks are a good idea, and something he's not likely to buy for himself lol and I can order on-line. I usually enjoy getting him some clothes for Xmas but I'm not willing to brave any of the stores this year in case some crazed shopper knocks me over trying to get to something. I love those brand names, they almost made me spit my water out - Saxx and My Pakage - too funny!!
 
Down in southwestern part of state-Springfield.
 
I'm about 3.5 hrs. north of you. It snowed off and on all day today here. Most of the schools closed early.


Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
I’m hoping for a nice snow fall for Christmas.
 
Same here. I think we had a brown Christmas last year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
@jaydub63 my hubby has a pair of MyPakage and he swears they are the best undies, ever!!!! He said they support the man parts just perfectly, they are so soft, and they last. He's had this pair for 3 yrs! I'm going to buy him a 5pack for Christmas. Like I always say....Happy junk in the truck, happy man in the can! (Okay, I dont actually say that haha)
 
Haha I totally think you would say that lol!

I may have to get some for all the men in my life.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
My Package?!!!!!! For real?
Hahaha:rotfl:
I need to look that up :happydance:
 
Been away from BS for a few days so time for an update. First I was having some internet issues, that seemingly came on right after the FCC did away with net neutrality, so I was thinking, great, now I'll be asked to pay $9.99/month to access BS - argh! But all seems to be ok now, which means I need to get that on-line shopping done today!

I'm off the oxy since Thursday, and only took about 1/2 of the prescription, so I've got some available if I have some significant pain flare up. I'm still taking 2 Tylenol 500 mg 3x day, but I'm going to start tapering those off as well. I'm doing all the at home PT exercises I was given with no pain/problems (including the dreaded heel slides) two times a day. I made a decision to park the walker too - it seemed to be holding my walking back more than it was helping and I've been walking very well with just a cane. It was a big psychological boost too, since I didn't have to bug my husband when I wanted to go up/down the stairs, etc. He's been feeling increasingly non-useful, poor guy, but he's going back to work on Monday so I need to function during the day without him.

Had my first outing from the house yesterday...to my trainer's house. My husband went to work out and I tagged along. I walked on her treadmill for 10 minutes, which felt great, and did some upper body exercises while seated. I never really felt the "energy drain" post surgery, so have been kind of itching to burn off some energy. No complaints from my hip today - yay! I don't have a treadmill at home, but might try a few minutes on my elliptical (with no resistance) or stationary bike since walking around in the small circle available at my house is getting dull.

Looking forward to my follow up appointment on Tues - I have to say so far I am ecstatic with the results of my surgery!
 
You are doing great! @jaydub63 :goodpost: I'm happy to hear you're feeling well after
all of yesterday's activity. Its obvious you understand that slow and steady wins the race.
I did those heel slides until I slid a heel too far one day, right off the bed!
It happened fast and that drop was unpleasant.
You'll have to share the news of your follow up appt on Tuesday. I'd love to hear.
Hope you have a great weekend!
 
Excellent update @jaydub63. That first outing is wonderful. It does feel good to get movement going. Stationary bike is first thing they had me do in out patient pt.
 
Jaydub glad you are doing good!!! I am too ready to do the bike or elliptical but my PT guy said, in time so I will wait. I wish I could go with just a cane but my bad hip is unpredictable and I sure don't want to risk a fall with my new hip. Dec 6 was a great date for us both. Glad you are off the narcotics I still need tramadol but b4 surgery I was taking 6 a day but now I take 3. I have not taken an oxy since coming home with that horrible thirst. Good luck Tue with the OS. He should be impressed with your success.
 
Thanks @Tboom. I feel lucky to have had an uncomplicated (so far anyway) recovery and that I'm only dealing with one affected joint. I'm sure it has helped me that I was able to keep up a level of physical activity prior to surgery as well.

I was able to feed our kitties this morning so my husband could sleep in. I think I'll leave litter box duty to him for awhile longer though lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
Don’t blame you on the litter box! Glad recovery keeps going well.
 
First day that I am by myself - actually nice to have some alone time lol! So far I have unloaded the dishwasher, did 2 loads of laundry (almost out of undies), did a small sewing project for my daughter, paid some bills, and walked out to the mailbox for the mail. Feels almost like a regular day and not quite 2 weeks out - I am amazed!

I won't be alone during the day for long though - my daughter finishes her finals tonight and my son is done tomorrow, so they'll both be home by tomorrow night. I should try to appear more helpless so that they might actually do some work around the house.

Need to make a list of questions for my OS appt tomorrow!
 
I'm amazed too! That is awesome progress @jaydub63
Happy to hear you're doing so well.
Try "tired" tired could get you some extra help from the kids....
Maybe tomorrow the doc can give you an excuse slip to prolong staying off litter box duty :heehee:
One can hope.....right? :kitty chris:
Wishing you a great night!
 
Glad your day solo went so well. I agree, use tired. And it is not a lie-your body is still recovering. Take the help while you can get it, rest up, and when they go back to school you will be ready to go.
 
"Tired" sounds like a good strategy. Maybe I can at least get them to put their own stuff in the dishwasher.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom