THR Jaydub63 port side recovery

Hi @Susan209
I was told it can take awhile for the fluid and lymph to move down to the next joint.....oh...ok?
Mine was day 17-18 and it was a decent bruise, moderate swelling. The bruising went away and the swelling
went down to almost normal. But since I can still notice it a bit and feel a tightness I went to the OS this past week, had it x-rayed and was told I have arthritis. I believe the diagnosis BUT am still questioning why it just manifested post op.
Yours I'm sure is just showing late like mine. Unlike mine, yours will clear up and you'll be "golden" because your a spring chicken.....I'm not :heehee:
 
Did you ever cut up a whole chicken? You know the cutting and then the wiggling back and forth to break it.
That was us, out cold, on a table :holysheep:!!!!!!!
 
@Layla thanks for that visual comparison Lol! I am surprised I don't have more bruising than I do now and fully expect more to show up in unexpected places. Right now it's mostly around my incision but I think more may be coming.

I'm sure you were not happy to hear the A word again so soon. I hope the knee isn't a bother for you at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
@tyorke1 were you awake? I had spinal too but with sedation so was blissfully unaware of what was going on.

Also see earlier post about your perks question - I didn't tag you quite right.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
yes got home yesterday, tests went well, tons of bruising, getting organized is a pain.
 
I was awake for the first bit then the sedation put me out, had no feeling in the legs for 6hrs. he had trouble finding the spot for the spinal that was not great. me and 2 other's bottomed out with blood pressure that day the nurses said.
 
Congratulations! So nice to be on this side of things isn’t it? I am a day ahead of you. I came home two days after surgery and think I am doing very well. Icing for sure really helping. I was really ill with the morphine they gave me and the morning after surgery was put on Tylenol 3. I came home with Tramedol and it also makes me a bit dizzy. I am now taking 2 extra strength Tylenol’s every 6 hours and Tramedol once a day. This I started yesterday ( day 5 ). I was surprised at first how my operated leg (left) felt like a log. It is loosening up a bit and swelling down a bit. Don’t know if anyone else has had this strange thing but my butt has ridges running along it and feels like corduroy when you run your fingers across . Very itchy too. Someone suggested maybe it was tape and I had a allergic reaction to the glue? So odd.
 
@Lululucy Congrats to you too! It is such a relief to have the surgery out of the way. I had one dose of tramadol and was really dizzy amd nauseous so I stuck with oxy at a very low dose + Tylenol. Seems to be working well for me. I went home the afternoon after my surgery. I couldn't sleep much at all in the hospital and the compression cuffs drove me nuts. Glad to have all that in the rear view mirror.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
It's not a pleasant visual but I think it's kind of realistic @Susan209
and OF COURSE your guy cooks, silly me :doh:
You really lucked out!!
What's your favorite Christmas emoji? I love this one > :reindeer: it makes me laugh every time I see it!


What about you @jaydub63 Do you like cooking? Your favorite Christmas emoji?
 
Love the reindeer, too.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I wish mine cooked all the time. He really went all out today though. After making me breakfast he planned dinner for him and my older boys...men, really. I'm so grateful they are all such great buddies. He made chicken Caesar wraps and real French fries.....amazed the pants off me. Okay my pants actually stayed on, hahaha Hubby wouldn't have been able to contain himself! Hahaha
 
I do like to cook but find that with my kids away at college there's much less motivation! Hubby and I keep it pretty simple during the week since we both work and then I might do something more elaborate on the weekend.

One thing I love to do at this time of year is bake Christmas cookies and I have about 6 favorite recipes that I usually do. I'm not up for all that work by myself this year but I'm hoping my daughter will help me make a few batches when she gets home next week.
Favorite Christmas emoji...I'll have to think about that!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
:reindeerlights:and the double hippy sitting reindeer.
Plus the Hugging Santa:santa hug:of course.
 
Hope you're doing well, feeling stronger each day I'll bet @jaydub63
So you like baking Christmas cookies....
What are your favorites? I think mine are the Peanut Butter cookies with the Hershey's Kiss
plopped on top. Don't know the real name. Are those even Christmas cookies? :heehee:

Cooking...ugh!
Extremely overrated :yawn:
Sadly, I never really enjoyed it and after years of doing it out of necessity in raising kids,
Well.....let's say I'm over it.

Hope you have a great week!
 
@Layla I think my favorites are an almond shortbread cookie with some slivered almonds on top of a light glaze. Pretty easy and festive for this time of year. Also cutout cookies with gobs of buttercream frosting on top. And I don't shop at Trader Joes very often (I would go more often, but the one in my town has the most atrocious parking lot!) and this has nothing to do with cooking, but I go every December to buy boxes of the dark chocolate covered Joe Joe's sprinkled with crushed peppermints. Heaven. My daughter and I fight over them.

Feeling a little better and more independent each day, which is great. I was expecting more of an energy drain but that doesn't seem to have hit me. Cut back to 2 oxy per day yesterday and didn't have an increase in pain so I'll do that for a few more days before tapering down to 1. I also have a semi-numb spot on the back of my operated leg, but the spot seems to be getting smaller, so probably just some nerves getting back in business after the surgery.

I got a follow up call from the hospital today about how I was doing which I thought was nice. A list of questions about bodily functions and pain management, but also asked if they could have done anything better while I was there. I told the staff person I felt completely well-cared for and to please let all the nurses and techs know that they did a wonderful job. Sorry I didn't get to see many of them a second day (especially my overnight nurse Elijah, who was hysterically funny) but getting home was worth it.

I like the twinkly tree emoji :tree2;
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom