Guest viewing is limited

THR Jaydub63 port side recovery

Awww, thanks y'all for thinking of me!!! I haven't been on the forum for awhile, but I thought I should jump on today for a 2 year update. So nice to see your kind words! And the forum looks great! It got a makeover while I was away.

I think I was getting settled in my room after surgery right about now 2 years ago, and I have to say I have never regretted for a minute having this amazing surgery. I don't think about my hip at all, and haven't had any issues.

I'm still running a couple days a week, and doing a variety of things like yoga, pilates, and weight training. I took a paddleboard pilates class with my daughter over the summer. It was mostly trying to do pilates while not falling into the murky looking river, but fun none the less. I also went paddleboarding a couple times by myself while in Austin TX over the summer. I had tried it before surgery but had a really hard time trying to stand up because of my hip issues. No problem now!

I can't believe the holidays are almost here too - this year went by amazingly fast, for me anyway. I need to get going on my shopping and get ready to make way too many cookies. Next year is my 30th wedding anniversary (February), and my husband and I are planning to take a trip to Europe to celebrate, but we'll probably go a little later in the year when it's warmer.

It's great to see @Layla and @Mojo333 are still providing awesome support to everyone, and thanks for checking in surgery buddy @SaraK! I'll visit your thread to catch up.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom