Guest viewing is limited

THR It's all good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my son had a great time at his birthday yesterday. Friends brought food cooked and cleaned up - mostly - and made my life easier! I however was so exhausted by the time everyone left! After a good night sleep I am feeling terrific but taking it a little easier today. Kids are going out tonight & hubby is camping so will have lots of catnap time! :zzz:
 
Stopped day time RX about 3 days ago. I took an OxyContin CR before bed. Slept thru the night. Woke up in no pain so I didn't see any reason to take one. Got a bit achy when I was up and doing some things. So took a Tylenol & that took care of it. Been that way since then. I can't see taking it if I don't need it. I start PT this week & plan to take an oxycodone prior to that although I have been doing most of my PT. slept great last night. Started out by sleeping on my non-operated side last night :yay: I am not a night owl so I tend to fade quickly between 9-10 p.m. So works best to be in bed by 10 & take the OxyContin & drift off. :sleep: I had first dream about my new hip last night. I dreamt that I could feel the ceramic ball and it was the size of a grapefruit. I wondered if it would show through my clothes. :giggle:
 
Shadow09, are you pretty much awake now during most of the day or does any of the medication make you drowsy and doze off? I was just thinking about can you feel the hip replacement part, I imagine you can't, that's why you were dreaming of it. The thought of that of having an artificial joint and it not having any feeling that it is their seems odd other than you know it is and I'll be having 2 of them.. I was going to ask was the bad hip making it hard to get on your motorcycle because I just have a hard enough time going up the stairs then imagining if I still had my motorcycle.
 
I am pretty much awake during the day, start dozing about 8:30 p.m. if TV is boring. Today I am a little sleepy - my kids have been here for the last 5 days and so there was more going on than usual. :happydance: Showed son's girlfriend how to make his favorite cake, doing a little laundry, and just visiting etc. Giving myself permission to be a couch potato today and just rest. :) :zzz: I was up about 6 a.m., made coffee and sat down to watch the morning news in my recliner and woke up to Rachel Ray at 9 a.m. :heehee: Ok by me.

Yes, the hip was making getting off and on the motorcycle difficult. It would also get achy (knee too) after a longish day on the bike. :sad: I am hoping that I will be back on her soon - I think I mentioned that I have a friend who was back on her Harley at 8 weeks. I may still get some bike time in this season - maybe in the fall - which is my favorite time anyway! :dancy:
 
At 8 weeks that would be awesome, I"m hoping to start doing light jiujitsu after 4+ months.. Excited to get back because I've been dealing with this lack of range of motion for so many years.
 
Shadow09. Great attitude! Before we know it, we'll be having more good days than bad days, or more good days than bad moments. My appetite is still sleeping but I'm doing better at drinking water today. Every day truly gets better.

I wouldn't trade pre op stress and hip pain for the post op limitations... I don't even need a second to think about that option. When I need some motivation I look on the pre op side of this. :puppysmooze:

Nancy
 
Shadow09 Everything sounds good for you and quite normal. I'm glad you had some company and got to visit and have your son's birthday party. Your pain seems under control, too. You seem to be sleeping well at night, and you're able to lie on a side, which is a big plus! Good for you! It's so important to be able to rest, that's a big achievement in itself. It'll keep getting better, sometimes quicker than others, but slow and steady progress is what you want. Keep up the good work! You're healing and your recovery is going well. :)
 
Sitting outside in my backyard looking at the mountain & having a glass of wine :martini: life gets better and better!
 
[Bonesmart.org] It's all good!
Shadow09, that sounds absolutely divinely refreshing and relaxing!
 
Here I am - 2 weeks post op and actually farther along than I thought I would be! :yay: Recovery has had ups and downs and frustrations, and I imagine that will continue . . . but each day is at least a little better than the day before! Today I walked through my backyard - using two crutches since the ground is so uneven and I am such a klutz - visiting my gardens. Then I walked down my driveway (gravel) again being very careful and up the road for a bit. Goal is to walk a little farther each day. Note to self however - walk before it gets HOT!! Still only taking Tylenol (usually about 500 mg three times a day) during the day. I still spend most of my time with leg elevated in easy chair, with ice. Swelling is going down - I need to measure to see how much. I may try no oxycontin tonight and see how that goes. I will have it nearby should I awake in any discomfort. All in all, I am really pleased with my recovery. :happydance: Two week post op appointment with dr tomorrow and I start PT. Hmmm - wonder what they are going to have me doing?:groan: I wish all my hip buddies could experience the kind of recovery that I have had so far. Friday I scheduled a haircut. I need a new do to go with the new hardware! So excited! :egypdance: Best to everyone! Happy Wednesday and keeping our buddies having surgery in my prayers today!
 
:goodpost: Hey Shadow09, you sound great!:cheers: I understand how you feel about having ups and downs. Part of me celebrates how great I'm doing, and the other part wishes I could do a little more. The mantra always wins... rest, ice, elevate, meds. Your walk sound wonderful! I hear you about the heat. I didn't take my walk yet and now I think my walk will be in the grocery store. I need a few things.

Big day at the doctor's tomorrow :yay:. Now that's exciting! I'm looking forward to hear what he says. PT should be fine, getting those parts moving and grooving again. I'm so happy that you're recovery is going so well.... even with the ups and downs. Big picture?? a-mazing! :kittykiss: :SUNsmile: :puppysmooze:

Nancy
 
At my pre-op last night they said that when I get home I'll have in home health care come to do PT with me a few times a week. You didn't have to do any PT at home with a Physical Therapist?
 
Hi bsilvers. Nope, no at home PT other than on my own. You are having bilateral replacements, right? That may be why you are having in-home therapy. Other than that, probably simply OS preference.
 
Shadow09, yes, bilateral, from they were saying in the class it seems the in home PT is going to be for all hip and knee replacements till they are ready to go the physical therapy place after a few weeks. I'm not looking forward to this as it seems just having to go thru 1 is challenging enough and having them both done at the same time is going to make everything twice as hard. OR , trying to stay positive, it might make me be twice as aggressive since I can't favor my non operated hip if I was only having one being done. Did you not have any problems with your other hip? I read you had bursitis on the hip you got operated on.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom