Guest viewing is limited

THR It's all good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Josephine. I will try to be patient - not my best thing!!! I want to cut down on the narcotics because of the constipation . . . But I think I can manage with prune juice and Miralax if you think I should keep it up.
Meds:
oxycodone 5mg 1-2 tablets every 4-6 hrs. Been taking 1 tablet every 5 hrs approx. last one was about 4 hours.
OxyContin CR 10 mg 2x day. Last one was abt 20 hours ago. 3 left no refills but I can call.
Hydroxyl 25 mg PRN - only needed 1.
Xarelto 10 mg 1 x per day.
Tylenol 500 mg about 3 times/day

Pain level now is about 3. More achy than painful

Icing: new bag about once every 8 hrs

Elevating leg mostly at night 3 pillows but also some during the day. PT has been on my own and will be until July 11. DH helps when he gets a chance but I know it is hard for him as we ave lots of animals and fruit trees and gardens that need tending.

Trying to get up a few times a day to get snacks, and just to ambulated around the house. DH is working. Sons will be here tomorrow to help out while DH goes camping for a few days. Hands are starting to get sore from crutches. Stairs still feel awkward. Op report said I lost abt 250 ml blood. Taking iron but no transfusions. Trying to uncover birds we have in house 4 - of them. And get one of them their food. Little things like making coffee.Tying to keep bathroom tidy.

Hope that helps! Thank you for taking the time! :angel:
 
oxycodone 5mg 1-2 tablets every 4-6 hrs. Been taking 1 tablet every 5 hrs approx. last one was about 4 hours. OxyContin CR 10 mg 2x day. Last one was abt 20 hours ago. 3 left no refills but I can call.

Tylenol 500 mg about 3 times/day
Is the oxycodone and Oxycontin CR with or without acetaminophen? If it's without, you could take 1,000mg Tylenol up to 4 times a day to a max of 4,000mg per 24hrs.

Hydroxyl 25 mg PRN - only needed 1.
No idea what this is.

As for the rest, all good!

I want to cut down on the narcotics because of the constipation . . . But I think I can manage with prune juice and Miralax if you think I should keep it up.
Yes I do. Just manage the bowels! :wink:
 
I think I need to throw myself a pity party. Who wants to come . . . :umm:​
Shadow09, If i come to the party i'm bringing a sleep mask...that's all u need this early on...I also had no appetite for about 3 weeks...and i was freezing until i got off the cumadin...Kind of wish the "no appetite" would come back! Give in to the naps! Take care.
 
oxycodone 5mg 1-2 tablets every 4-6 hrs. Been taking 1 tablet every 5 hrs approx. last one was about 4 hours. OxyContin CR 10 mg 2x day. Last one was abt 20 hours ago. 3 left no refills but I can call.

Tylenol 500 mg about 3 times/day
Is the oxycodone and Oxycontin CR with or without acetaminophen? If it's without, you could take 1,000mg Tylenol up to 4 times a day to a max of 4,000mg per 24hrs.
i will check
Hydroxyl 25 mg PRN - only needed 1.
No idea what this is.
For nausea

Yes I do. Just manage the bowels! :wink:

absolutely!!! :groan:

Thanks for your help! Pity party canceled!!!! :yay:
 
anniemg Brilliant!!!! I am cold blooded anyway, but didn't think about blood thinners! Thanks!
 
Oh yes, Shadow09. I was throwing those several times daily in the first couple of weeks! Just keep rolling with the punches, keep taking the good gear (for both pain and bowels!), rest, ice elevate...you know the drill :) It WILL get easier!
 
Shadow09 , wow I have been reading all your post recovery , very excited for you. Your posts are very informative so I got a better idea of what to expect now and it really doesn't sound any fun :(. Not looking forward going thru that x2 at the end of this month.
 
Meggzie.... Well hello from one Aussie to another.. I must come visit your own thread :)
 
Hi all. Just wanted you to know I am having a fantastic day!! Taking pain meds as prescribed. . . Thanks to Josephine! My evening wine is now evening prune juice. . . Oh well. If I can keep feeling this good and making progress I will be happy. Showered for the first time all by my self- I sound like my 3 year old granddaughter. I want to do it all by myself! Dried and curled hair, makeup on - i feel human! Expecting my sons here this evening. Wishing all my US cohorts a wonderful 4th. We do love our independence, but are so very fond of our friends and family across the pond and down under! :friends:
 
[Bonesmart.org] It's all good!
[Bonesmart.org] It's all good!
Shadow09, there is absolutely no scientific evidence that wearing TEDs prevents DVT (development of blood clots). They may help with swelling. If you are up and around off and on all day and doing some light exercise, they really are not necessary. Even our beloved Josephine did not wear them for long. So if you find they mostly annoy---just pull them off and throw them away. [Bonesmart.org] It's all good!
 
Ah, bsilvers, don't count on that. You may just wake up from surgery to find that they have put a pair on you. And if that's the case, you'll have to wear them as long as you're in hospital. Once you get home, that's another story altogether.
 
Hi there Shadow09 Good to hear that you're managing your pain without too much trouble. Keep up with the pain meds for a while yet, it doesn't help to cut them too soon, as being in pain impedes healing by producing stress hormones in our bodies. Icing and elevating the leg, and resting all help the pain, too. They told me to just walk to the bathroom every hour, do foot pumps, like pushing on pedals, and that's about it for the first week or two. Take it easy, eat as much as you can, your body needs the calories to repair itself.
You're coming along fine! It's mostly pain control, a little bit of walking, resting and icing now. Everything else can come later. Take care and keep us posted. Glad it's all over now and you're recoverying! :)
 
Shadow09, good advice already provided.. What more can I add..
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] It's all good!
    image.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 115
Hi all. Happy 4th! It's been a good day - just a little frustrating. My son makes great daiquiri and with the pain meds I can' t have any! :tantrum: :hissy: and prune juice is NO substitute. I hate being dependent on my family to "do" for me. :gaah: But all is well. Going outside- not down stairs yet - but can see my garden flowers :yes!: Best to all my hippie pals!!
 
Gardens are so therapeutic, good for you :)
 
9 days post op and I feel like I turned a corner yesterday & today :dancy: Energy level ⬆. Pain/discomfort ⬇ appetite ⬆ mobility ⬆ Son's friends and girlfriend are throwing him a BBQ tonight for this birthday. I will bow out early and leave them to their fun, but things are looking up. Realistically - I know it it not a steady improvement and some days will be better than others but feel like I am making headway! :happydance:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom