Guest viewing is limited

THR It's all good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was another good day!! 32 Days Post Op. Trip to Costco and walking up and down every aisle! Tonight my son's girlfriend and I tried a new recipe - yummy!!! Bell peppers stuffed with quinoa, spinach, onions, corn and feta cheese. It was awesome!! Hip is feeling good. A bit tired tonight, but a good tired.
 
Shadow09 glad to hear u are doing so well. I still have not attempted Costco and I am close to 3 months I have of course been to grocery stores, etc and I found that pushing a shopping helped with my limp. Maybe just a little more stable than with a cane. Keep up the great progress.
 
Hey Shadow09, Dinner sounded delicious! I love walking around the stores. It's much cooler than walking outside and there's always something good to investigate. I find that a little tired is helping to build up my endurance. I cleaned windows yesterday, and today I was a little more sore and tired than I should have been. I'm learning. Today was a slow day. I think tomorrow will be better. How is work? I hope the hip is continuing to improve.

Nancy
 
Shadow09 sounds like everything is going really well! Hope you continue along the recovery path! So happy for you! :dancy:
 
Just a brief update. Tomorow will be 7 weeks. Back to work full time (desk job) and working 4 days a week, 10-hour days. :groan:It is good to be doing normal things and back into a routine. The folks at my work are great about letting me get out and do a bit of walking during the day. I am getting some swelling in my ankle/foot due to not being able to put it up easily. Today I opted for long pants and tried TED hose on that leg to see if it will help. Still doing PT and usually sore the day after. :cry: No longer using a cane - or anything. However, I am having some issues with my gait. I have always had some gait issues :sigh: but apparently I am maybe more knock-kneed and pigeon toed that before. I think my doc was not happy that I still have a bit of a limp and gait issues at 6 weeks :sad:but the xrays he said look very good. He did say that everyone varies. :doh: I think my muscles were weak before surgery so they have twice as far to go to get back to "normal". I still have some discomfort/pain particularly after I have been sitting or inactive for a bit but the more I am walking, doing stairs, the less it bothers. I need to be more diligent about doing my PT stuff at home but I can always find an excuse :whistle: Sometimes I actually forget about my hip and those times are wonderful! :dancy: I would like to start going to our community center and doing some stationary bike and other stuff. I do a stationary bike at PT and it feels good. Sleeping has been good - I can sleep in any position I choose but in some, I find that I get a little more stiff than others.

This weekend was good. My older son came for a brief visit as he was in the area for work. Since younger son lives with us (temporarily) it was good to have them both home. We did some fun stuff. Right now I am worried about my senior kitty. She is 16 (maybe 17?) and has had some ongoing health issues but seems to be not eating well and a bit more lethargic than usual. I know she won't last forever, but I want to keep her around as long as I can and she is not in discomfort. :cry: That's it for me for now. Hugs to all my hippy buddies!
 
Shadow09 :friends: HI! I missed you. I know you're busy, and I completely understand, but I just missed checking in with you. A great big 7 week congratulations to you :flwrysmile: You sound like you're doing very well, and for that I'm so grateful. Do you feel better today than you did pre op? The TED was a good idea. Whatever it takes. I'm still using my cane. Once I get going, I don't need it, but still, the first 5-10 steps hurt like hell. Can you use Ice packs at work? I am going to the gym and Bikram Yoga. Gym Tuesday and Thursday and Yoga Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. At the gym I do elliptical and stationary bicycle. It helps me so much. I think as soon as my muscles get stronger, I won't need my cane. I encourage you to get on the stationary bike, if you have time. Endorphins ROCK!

I'm glad you had family time. It's so precious!!

I'm so sorry about you kitty!!!:console2: I got a call from my close friend who's cat was 18 years old and was struggling with age. She took him to the vet regularly for close monitoring. Today was his day. Sir Charles... he had kidney failure and there wasn't anything they could do. I went to the vet when she called me and helped her and Sir Charles make his way to heaven. It was very sad, but as a passionate pet owner, I know before I get a pet, that I will likely outlive my beloved pet. Here's a big hug for you (hug).

Nancy
 
Shadow09 That sounds like a really good report if you ask me, congratulations!

Sorry about your cat, we pet lovers sure get attached to those "furkids".
 
Here I am 123 days out almost 18 weeks! How is that possible!?! nmay51 sandpiper Warhorse ByGosh and everyone else - I can only hope that things go and are going as well for you as for me. Start-up pain is almost non existent. We did a ghost-walk the other night - that takes you up a fairly steep narrow, rocky path to a cemetery perched high on the hills above us for probably 1/2 mile. I had NO problems whatsoever - other than I am out of shape - but that was a problem before too! :sigh: I took the cane - more for stability coming DOWN over rocks, tree roots etc. in the dark by flashlight. I was glad to have it but didn't need it. I do watch where I step closely! :egypdance: I thought I might "feel" it the next day, but felt better than ever the next day! Most days I forget about it almost entirely. On a recent flight I forgot about it - went through security - not a problem and it wasn't until I was putting my shoes on that I remembered . . . that is a good thing! The TSA didn't even pause.

We are headed to Disney World - 18 family members - in 37 days! I can't wait!! :yay: Get to chase my grandkids around and watch them enjoy! Trying to do more walking to get in shape! The hip feels so much better when I am active!! It is funny (or maybe not) because every now and then I get a twinge in my OTHER hip and I think wow, I haven't felt that for a long time! :happydance: I never use my cane - other than ghost walking - but I will probably take it with me to Disney . . . just in case . . .

nmay51 I am so glad you enjoyed your cruise!!! Disney generally does a good job of whatever they are doing. Now I am trying to talk DH into a spring trip to St. Thomas. Love St. Thomas and I think swimming in Magen's Bay would be excellent therapy! :whistle:

BTW - my kitty is still with me and doing ok. Sleeps and eats - but I will take that! She still purrs and wants to be loved. :kittykiss:

I will try to check in here now and then. I don't often get alerts :boohoo: Take care everyone!! Big hugs to all my hippy buddies :friends:
 
Shadow09, I am glad that all is going well for you.

It truly is remarkable, things are well with me also. I really need to update my thread as well.

Take care, and enjoy!
 
Oh this is so great. This is what I like to hear. I am so happy for you and your new hip, WoW. Glad you have your new life that you so much deserve. Keep trucking. I am sorry to hear about your kitty. Remember the good times! Take care but do have fun! Tashia
 
Great to hear from you!!! So glad things are going well. You know we hear from folks with concerns, but it's always WONDERFUL to hear from our BoneSmarties who are starting to enjoy life again. Thanks for posting and keep in touch!
 
So glad all is well with you, it certainly sounds like you're doing really well. I'm good too and just getting on with life but with a lot less pain, life is good eh? :)
 
Shadow09 so great to hear from you! Sounds like you are really getting your life back! It's wonderful, isn't it? Keep moving forward and please keep in touch via posts now and again. I don't get alerts any longer for some reason so I miss updates sometimes but I'll check in periodically! Take good care my hippie friend!! :cheers:
 
To all my Hippie buddies,
Just a quick note to wish you all a very :mer xm: I will be 6 months out the day after Christmas!!! Hard to believe. Returned from 11 days at Walt Disney World on Wednesday. It was an amazing fun time with grandkids, kids, and friends! Walked MILES and MILES with no problem:happydance: . . . except for sore feet :yes!:. Reserved two scooters - one was for me . . . just in case . . . but the only time I rode on it was to get it from the bell captain to the room. Some friends of ours used them instead :bicycle1: Rode on every ride with no problem - yes even the rollercoaster ones. Most days I never even gave my hip a second thought.

So if there are those of you that are either contemplating surgery or have just come through - don't despair - you will be so glad that you did this!

So @nmay51 @sandpiper @Warhorse @tashia @ByGosh @randy62 and everyone else - here is to a marvelous 2014:cheers2:. Take care my friends!:friends:
 
Thanks for that lovely post shadow09...,,, gives me hope that I too will have that good recovery....it so what we all want.... Feeling encouraged now


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Merry Christmas back at ya @Shadow09!

I'm glad all is well with you. I can not walk for "miles and miles", but I could not walk for many miles in the last ten years or so . Things are much better than they were though.

Have a happy New Years!
 
Hi Shadow. What a great report about Disneyworld. I took my granddaughter in October and also walked miles and miles. My hips did fine, but boy, did my feet hurt!! I would have liked the scooter for the standing in line part, but otherwise...no need. So glad you had a great time with your grands. That's what it's all about. :)

Sharon
 
[Bonesmart.org] It's all good!
@Shadow09, success stories are always welcome and are such an encouragement. So happy for you that you had such a good time with a hip you didn't have to think about at all.

Take care and keep us updated. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] It's all good!
 
@Shadow09 Sooooooo happy to hear from you! Merry Christmas my friend! I finally went back to work last Monday. Back full tilt to the whole 11 1/2 hr work days! Gezzzz! I was exhausted by Friday night but sooo happy to be back at work. Every time someone welcomed me back I just about cried!! (what a sap I am!!!lol) I am so glad you are doing well and had such an amazing trip!!! Happy New year to you and I hope 2014 is your best year ever!!!:angel:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom