Guest viewing is limited

THR It's all good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. everything is good. Husband is assisting with therapy until I start with outpatient therapy. It actually hurts so good. . . . Seems to loosen things up. Skipped a dose of oxycondonoe - no lightheadednedd.. But leg was more stiff. Going back to taking as prescribed. Didn't bother me much in hospital. Will take with a little food. I read somewhere taking more frequent food in helps with lightheadedness. Frustrating being dependent . . . But ok.
 
Shadow09, Your body is directing all it's energy to the operated hip for healing. You had major surgery. You will be amazed how much better you feel each week that passes...but prepare for some backing up as well....Take care & don't beat yourself up!
 
So pleased you're home on the sunny side and doing well Shadow09! Give that hubby of yours some extra hugs... he'll be your very best friend on your recovery! Don't worry about what I call 'sausage thighs'... I've heard the swelling will 'eventually' go away!! :rolleyes: (at almost 6 weeks and my sweet sausage's are still pretty chubby - not that they weren't a little plump to begin with!) Don't miss any more meds!!! Eat lots, rest, stretch, nap, repeat!
 
Shadow09
I'm thinking about you, and I'm grateful that you're one day closer to complete recovery. Yesterday was a big day for you, with a lot of road miles under your belt. I hope that a full day at home, and a couple of good nights sleep in your own bed will make you feel like a new woman. I'm looking forward your update sharing your continued progress. :SUNsmile:

Nancy
 
Thanks all. I am thinking we all have to go through the "I don't need all these meds."thing at least once. Found that it slows the therapy as well as making me more lightheadeded (pain?). Although the pain is unusual. Still find the nap attacks sneak up on me very fast, :zzz: wonder if this is what narcolepsy is like? I am going to take my therapy even more seriously now and keep up with the meds. . . Like they said rest, meds, ice elevation.
 
Shadow09 you are doing great, in less then 48 hours i will be waking up. I hope my recovery goes as quick as yours. Peace be with you
 
Shadow09, in honor of your new hip, I have found an avatar that I thought you might like to use. It is already sized to fit perfectly as I have tested it. Just right click on the attached picture and "save image as" in your picture files. Then hover your mouse of your user name at the top of the page and from the drop down menu select "Avatar". The click the browse button and find the picture in your files and double click it. Then click "Okay"and you are done.

[Bonesmart.org] It's all good!


If you are not interested, my feelings will not be hurt. I just enjoy doing this when the opportunity presents itself.
 
Hi bottomshollow! Thanks for the new avatar suggestion I love IT. Very beautiful. However, I decided not to use it because my Shadow is my motorcycle - a beautiful white bike - named Angel. So I thought I would change the avatar. This pic was taken at 11,000 plus feet at the top of a pass - a year or so ago while on a ride in the Colorado High Country. Planning to be back here SOON!. Stronger every day. Been up more today than before. Getting stronger. Thanks again Bottomshollow. You are awesome! :angel:
 
Shadow09 you sound just great! I found that i absolutely had to take my percocet with food, and not "just a cracker", either. A handful of almonds was good. Otherwise I'd be sick feeling, not pleasant. And embrace those nap attacks! You won't get many chances like this to fall asleep whenever you want to:wink: :yes:
 
One step forward, two steps back . . . woke up this morning lightheaded and with chills. I think that my good ol prunes and Miralax were finally kicking in. Did not have a problem in hospital but could feel things backing up :cry: Things are moving along again. I also tried, once again cutting back on meds but I don't think I am doing it correctly. Josephine, if you are out there can you refresh my memory. I am a almost a week out and thing I should be farther along than I am . . . ah yes - discouragement!! Thanks to those who have told me to expect it. Also, - no appetite. . . . Darn. I generally love to eat. Also, an unexpected problem . . . shoulders and hands hurt from crutches. I think I need to throw myself a pity party. Who wants to come . . . :umm:
 
Oh we are ALL are allowed several pity parties Shadow09 :hairpulling: No worries they come and they go! It's temporary & natural... Keep reading people's recovery threads and you'll see you're not alone - sounds like you may have some unrealistic expectations. (I did too!) You just had MAJOR SURGERY!! Give yourself permission to heal at your body's own pace. Applaud the little accomplishments -- like....
Things are moving along again.- AWESOME! :happydance:
 
nmay51 You're up bright and early, are you ok and ready for the day ahead? x​

Littlejem, I didn't get much sleep last night. I rested, but other than that just some naps. Anesthesia came in and said that she hears that a lot from patients. The anti-nausea medicine is what she thinks causes insomnia.

Nancy
 
I think I need to throw myself a pity party. Who wants to come

Shadow09 Pity Party, I'll stop by for a quick visit, not because I need one... yet:beg: . Don't be too hard on yourself. This journey has been tough on a good day. A very close and wise friend of mine says that if you're going to have a pity party, don't forget to give yourself an end date/time. When that time comes up... pity party is over.

You are getting stronger every day!

Nancy
 
I feel good now DA da da da nah! Pease be with you
 
I am a almost a week out and thing I should be farther along than I am
You've got that upsidedown, honey! In the first 2-3 weeks, things get worse not better!
I also tried, once again cutting back on meds but I don't think I am doing it correctly
No you're not doing it correctly because you shouldn't be cutting back now. Not for another 5-6 weeks at least!

I have some questions to ask you:
1. what are your pain levels right now? (remember the 1-10 scale: 1 = no pain and 10 = the worst you can imagine. And don't compare this with the bone-on-bone pain you had before surgery!
[Bonesmart.org] It's all good!
)

2. what pain medications have you been prescribed, how much are you taking (in mg please) and how often?
3. how often are you icing your hip and for how long?
4. how high are you elevating your leg, how often and for how long?
5. what is your activity level? What do you do in the way of housework, cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc., and
6. what kind of PT are you doing? How much and how often?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom