Guest viewing is limited

THR It's all good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things continue to do really well. Walking. Had PT and it felt GOOD! This afternoon working on crutches & stairs :shocked: I am kind of a clutz so we will see how that goes. Still no pain. Incision closed with super glue or whatever it is they use. Titanium prosthesis with ceramic ball. Great care. :flwrysmile: thanks for all the support from this group. You guys are amazing.
 
Looks like I will be going home tomorrow! :yay: :happydance: On crutches now. Still zip pain. PT feels good. Stairs ok.

anniemg I love your avatar!
 
Shadow09 so glad it's all gone well for you and your now on the other side.fingers crossed I will be joining you and other peeps soon :) how fabulous that the pain has gone, just amazing !
 
Shadow09 I think we need a library entry for "psalm meds". That is a keeper for sure LOL. Glad you're going home-- it will feels so good to be there :)

Red Shoe wait.... new avatar, yes? Like it!
 
Shadow09,
To quote Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz..."There's no place like home". Yet another mile stone for you... how exciting. I hope that you continue on the pain free course and all hip pain is in the past. Your experience is definitely one I'd like to follow.

zauberflöte, I am on the "psalm med" plan. It's the best :iagree:

Nancy
 
Welcome to Recovery Road Shadow09 ! You did it, it's done and over with. AND you're going home sweet home, with no psalm at all! How lucky you are! Happy, too, and I know it's not just the psalm meds talking!
Good luck at home. Keep up the rest, ice, elevation, and meds - don't overdo it.. Keep us posted! Yay for You!
 
Shadow09 QUOTE: Jun 21-Great report. Glad to hear things went so well. Mine is next Wednesday! I hope it goes as well as yours,
QUOTE: Jun 22-You are my hero. Hoping to do half as well as you. I think I am ready .

Seems like yesterday when you posted on my thread, but it looks like you are keeping pace with me! Out after 2 days! I wasn't having much pain either but now have some sore days. I have been using meds and ice. Sore today, must have walked too much yesterday! Hang in there You're doing super and congratulations!:)
 
Muscles sore but true pain is nil. Just working on strengthening. Swelling- operated leg is about 1 1/2 as big as other leg - maybe not quite. shower today felt wonderful! Going home on crutches - learned stairs yesterday & practiced today. Can stand unaided . Also a fantastic machine like a recumbent rowing/bike machine. I want one! Felt so good!
 
Welcome to the recovery side...don't forget to nap lots when you get home and ice and elevate! Take it slow and steady, and even if you stay pain free let others wait on you and take care of you so you can kick back and heal!
 
Shadow09 You're sounding good. So glad you're on your way home soon. Just take it easy, don't push yourself, you need some time to heal, too, the strengthening will happen. Get lots of rest, use the ice and take your meds - you're doing great! :)
 
[Bonesmart.org] It's all good!
Shadow09, you are now on the "other side" and a full fledged "hippie"! And welcome to the wonderful world of recovery. Follow the BoneSmart mantra for the best possible recovery. Don't let feeling "so good" lead you down the primrose path of overdoing---your hip will make you pay with pain and swelling. Remember that TIME & PATIENCE are the secret to a successful recovery.


Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] It's all good!
 
Made it home yesterday - a lttle over an hour drive. Nearly 100 degrees out. By the time I got in and stettled I was exhausted. Small bite to ea. Up twice to the loo. Which is a little way maneuvering obstacles & pets.for the first time I felt light headed. I know hematocrit is way. down. & it will take me a while to build up. - like 3 weeks. That is going to be the hardest!sleeping a lot. Hubbyis going to help with exercses when he returns from. Running some errands. Lack of energy is a bit discouraging. :gaah:but I guess to be expected.
 
Shadow09 you are home, that's the main thing! The energy drain is made to make you sleep and rest! Just let go and give in to every one of those nap attacks! You are only three days out, sleeping is your work, and if you sleep now, you will get energy later, really. What do you need energy for, anyway? Petting the cat?:heehee: Eat well if you can, it will help with the energy and the light headedness. I had an episode at about 2-5 days where I was frantic and weak, finally got it together enough to realize i was starving, and needed to eat more food and more often. Whatever you do, do NOT be discouraged. You are doing really well already!! :)

walked too much yesterday!
could be-- maybe cut back for a day or two and see if things improve. If we are moderate Now there will be a bigger sooner payoff Later, so I am learning :)
 
So glad you're done, home and doesn't it feel good Shadow09?? At the moment you will still have the 'cement leg' but very soon you'll find a it such a lot easier to move around and you'll be off those crutches and using a cane. I'm taking a nap most afternoons, would have probably been still taking them from my first surgery except I went back to work, you certainly need the rest to help with recovery, it all sounds good so far!! :SUNsmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom