Guest viewing is limited

THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

Your foray to the Chippendale event sounds pretty hilarious, @SurreyGirl! As I am older than dirt I can't imagine getting invited to an event of this sort, but I have chuckled reading the posts about keeping the boys at bay, calling the club (ha, ha--the manager's comment was pretty priceless!) and wearing scare 'em off perfume for extra insurance! You'll have to let everyone know how it went!
 
Ah I'm too late it seems! She is probably fending off some oily mesomorphic dude as I type. I was going to say sit near the closest EXIT door and wave your crutch in the air back and forth in lieu of a lighter when the act is especially applause-worthy. I don't think it will be seen as an invitation.

Good luck!!

Haha @Layla climb every lap!! :loll:
 
I survived!

And it was hilarious, fun and somewhat pathetic at the same time.

Tables laid out in Cabaret format. Spoke to the Ladies on the door who relayed my message re crutches etc backstage.

Drag Artist was very good with a nice strong singing voice and some wicked and unrepeatable one liners. Sadly I could not hear or remember half of them as a table full of disrespectful millennials (fuelled by diet Coke) were chatting, taking selfies and regarding him as the warm up act whilst waiting for the strippers.

Now the poster had shown a line up of pretty fit and good looking guys and I was expecting the sort of Full Monty thing done by professionals.

So, what did we get?

Enter Act Number one. “Christian Grey”..... for my English friends, more like Alan Partridge actually or, For the Americans here, “Pete” from Mad Men. Imagine! I

My hips and loins remain unstirred sadly. Two willing ladies agree to kneel either side of him and be blindfolded.

Christian strips down to his underpants and straps on an imitation banana. The ladies are now allowed to touch with their hands..... my friend Fifi and I are having bets about how long the inadequately strapped banana will take to fall off.

“Christian” then proceeds around the room sitting on various laps and squirming - sadly out of time to the pumping bass blasting from the speakers... I am starting to wonder when the Drag Queen will return. “Christian’s” act has lasted about half an hour. Hmmm.

queenie comes back on in a rather fetching white tutu with white diamanté shoes to match. He does another 20 minutes of being the “Front Man” - an uphill struggling manfully against The Millenials, still texting and chatting, and a persistent middle aged lady drunk from Table 1 who keeps running up and accosting him. Fifi and I remark Queenies legs are much more shapely than ours. Bless him.

The lights go up in the unsubtle manner of the last dance at a 70s disco. Gosh! It is the interval.

I see an older man behind the bar... This has to be “Mr Coc”.... I pick up both crutches(for effect) and pick my way very delicately (amongst the splashes of baby oil) to greet him. I thank him kindly for taking my message earlier that day and order some Prosecco. He still hasn’t figured out whether I heard his unguarded comment about following my call. I let him stew about that!

Back in the room a raffle has taken place and the prizes are all wine and Prosecco.

Millenials table count: 20 cans of Diet Coke. Our Table: 8 bottles of Prosecco - and rising steadily.

act 2 starts. And finally another stripper. I have realised by now that sadly, the “Art” of stripping a la Gypsy Rose Lee is long gone. The aim here is for the chap to get his kit off with as little finesse as possible, pick a willing member of the audience and then do something suggestive with a strap on and p, in this case, a can of whipped cream.

Trust me here: I have had FAR more fun with a can of whipped cream with my clothes on!

But, sparing my blushes..... as the Stripper leaves, our long -suffering Queenie comes back on to wind up the evening with some disco.

Suddenly every table erupts and everyone hits the dance floor. Handbags are piled up and danced around in true English tradition. . queenie enters the fun and throws some very impressive moves and even I join in on the crutches swaying to the Bee Gees. I take the trouble to thank the Drag Queen for a great evening. He has worked very hard.

Sadly back on our table a Cat Fight is kicking off. Something about a missing bottle of Prosecco. I haven’t a clue what has been happening but it is all getting a bit screamy so time to go.....

A lot of fun. My hubby also enjoyed his evening at The Sound of Music btw. He had the Good Habits, and I had the Bad. Sounds like the name of an Indie pop. Group!


Iced up and ready for bed. Night..
 
What a joyous crazy and fun evening, @SurreyGirl! Glad you had a good night out although it all sounds slightly surreal—a hoot to read about!
 
Hurray that it was so entertaining! Look what a good story you got to tell us. Tomorrow I hope you are not too sore!!!! ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️
 
After no alerts, I posted that I hoped we'd hear from you soon....and then found this post! Sounds like a rather entertaining evening of people watching, from performers to guests! So glad the Prosecco (love that too!) was flowing and hope you are not too sore tomorrow from the dancing!! LOL! Good that you are icing up!!
 
Good Morning!
Typing this flat on my back and haven’t dared get vertical yet. This may take a while!

Ugh. There is a reason I am not fond of Prosecco......
 
Last edited:
Well, @SurreyGirl, a surreal life simply demands that you embrace it, determine that you will live with gusto and enthusiasm. But continued moderation is called for when it comes to Prosecco! Hope the haze passes soon and you are ready to face the day.
 
Hi :wave:
Hoping today didn't feel like all was a bad dream...
Drag Queens, bananas, blindfolds, off beat gyrations and Prosecco, Prosecco, Prosecco.
Friday night - fun :happydance: Saturday - probably not so much :sick: :dead:
Hope the new hip withstood it all.
Wishing you a wonderful Sunday and end to the weekend :SUNsmile:
@SurreyGirl
 
Thanks @Layla I was out with friends today who had just got back from a 6 week tour of Spain.they are retired, lucky things. We tried out a new Thai restaurant which was excellent. However, friend Andrew, who is very jovial said “shall we start with a bottle of Prosecco?” I turned a bit green and my husband burst out laughing.andrew had no idea about last nights events.

Speaking of which, there were apologies going round by text this morning from some of the ladies involved in the almost Cat fight, always a sign of a good party.

A friend of mine decided some time ago to apologise personally to me in advance for his behaviour prior to attending a dinner party I was organising with close friends whilst on holiday. And boy was he BAD! He is hosting a major party and an after party tonight for around 200 people. Sadly I can’t be there. So am feeling a bit down in the dumps and sorry for myself right now. However hipwise I seem to be doing well. Pain levels much better now. There will be other opportunities....

Happy Sunday everyone....
 
Last edited:
Glad to hear your hip held out, your pain has lessened and you survived Christian Gray and the other cast of characters. Even made it out for Thai sans Prosecco today :yay:
You're right, there will be other opportunities and Oh The Fun You Will Have!
Yay for new hips :cheers:
@SurreyGirl
 
[Bonesmart.org] Hopefully Hippy Recovery
:dancy: Now back to increasing length of walks, deciding on walking stick or Leki progressing from crutch and of course WORK looming....

I might wait a few weeks before putting in my holiday request although flights already booked.....:swim:
 
Last edited:
Sorry @SurreyGirl i thought I was answering @Bevlah at my thread and there you are on the boat toasting us!! Lol. I don't know how to delete posts here so..enjoy the California sunrise. Tequila sunrise? :)
Now...can I move this back to my place? Or start over.
@Bevlah I usually shoot pix of unusual skies off the deck, so here is one particularly pretty sunrise. Have great sunrise shots since that view faces east. And for those nights you can't sleep through, it's fun to go outside and watch the sun say hello.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Hopefully Hippy Recovery
    image.jpeg
    66.2 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
Posted in wrong room! Sorry. Party crashing here.. :) Still can't find the delete post tab anywhere??? Was able to delete image but not post. Oh well. I tried!
 
Last edited:
Oops!! Meds kicking in, I thought I was on my thread answering Bevlah!! Sorry, how do we delete these, anyone??
 
You don't have to delete anything. Just tell us where you meant to post and we'll get it moved for you.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom