Guest viewing is limited

THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

HI @alexthecat
I already duplicated the original 2 posts at my thread --where I thought I was but... A little brain fog clouded the view!
Thanks, it's all good and moved over at my thread now. I just wanted to clean up here for @SurreyGirl and could not find how.
 
I am well recovered from the “trauma” now :-)
 
You look healthy and happy out in the fresh air!
Amazing how years of chronic pain stay to erase off our faces when we can get back to our lives.
Still healing days, but glad to see you've got "a leg up" on this recovery.

Great inadvertent sunrise pic, too
1stSurgery
 
That boat picture was taken a few years ago but I have already booked a trip on that very boat in the New Year. It is an old fashioned restored Carricou Sloop and I love sailing on her. Usually I take the helm but the last two trips the Skipper told me very firmly to sit myself at the back and stay there! The give away yelp when I stepped onto the boat when it rocked convinced him that I had to be a passive participant....
 
Good day, @SurreyGirl. I am not good at translating time zones so I have no idea if you're sleeping now, waking up or at day's end. At any rate, happy whatever and hope you are feeling more comfortable after a 3:00 AM post about waking up in pain. I trust you were able to pop some sort of medication and feel better shortly. I am still waiting for my "no narcotics" day yesterday to backfire on me. But so far, although it's not that far along in the day here, I am feeling no better or worse than other days--just the continuing low ache but no real pain. Have a good one!
 
Hi @Barbaraj thanks for your kind comments and great that you are having minimal and manageable pain. I am now a lot better than I was and hoping returning to work tomorrow won’t set me back too much.

Off the opiates completely as need my brain back so managing on Paracetamol/tyneol
 
Hi @SurreyGirl
Happy to hear you're well recovered from Friday evening.
Nice pic on the boat, it looks so relaxing.
I hope you have a great week!
 
All sounding good, @SurreyGirl. Hope tomorrow's return to work goes smoothly and with reasonable comfort. I am sure you are steeling yourself for post-work exhaustion (heck, many folks feel that way even when they're not recovering from hip replacement!) Sleep well, and go get 'em tomorrow!
 
Hope you have a good day.:yes:
Then, come home and assume the position:ice:
 
I hope you have a good day. :SUNsmile:
Will be thinking of you.
Let us know how it's going when you have time.
@SurreyGirl
 
Hi @SurreyGirl - I haven't been on Bsmart for awhile as I've begun to get my life back. Today is my 4 month post-op. I can say that around 3 months, things began to seem more normal for me: gait, sleep, pain, ROM, and stamina became a new normal after 4 years of being challenged with the hip pain. I see you've returned to work so I hope you are able to pace yourself and move into a new phase and activity with ease. Wishing you the best and sending healing vibes for continued recovery.:wave:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all
Great to hear good news from @luvsibes
Here is a summery of today

Journey in 35 mins - husband driving his car

Journey home 30 mins - husband driving his car

Hours worked 4

Number of Short breaks x 2 for 5 mins each

Amount of walking at work 15 mins. These included some stairs

Pain level on going to work 1-2
Pain level on getting back 4-5

Iced and went to bed with foot up for 2 hours

Walk 15 mins st home indoors to stretch legs.
Massaging tight muscle around top of scar with e 45 cream
Tired? You bet!
 
You are moving forward and at just 2 months +, it sounds like you are doing well. This is a challenging time in recovery in my experience as you are starting to get active and it's easy to overdo! Keep on icing and resting as you can!
 
Will do! First day back at work was quite tiring. Working from home tomorrow so no driving and traffic so should be better.
 
Congratulations for surviving your first day back at work @SurreyGirl ! Looks by your report that you were very careful about how you got to and from work, and kept close tabs on your mobility through out the day...impressive! Great that you can work from home tomorrow.

Wishing you a comfortable and restorative night's sleep :ice::sleep:
 
Ouch, that sounds very tiring, @SurreyGirl. But, I guess you anticipated that and knew that when you got home you'd be resting and icing. I am sure tomorrow will be much easier for you, a relief after the at-the-office experience today combined with the commute. Get a good night's rest--tomorrow is another day, and sounds like a much more manageable one.
 
Yup! Apart from waking up at 4am for some reason. And then realised I had forgotten to take the paracetamol/Tylenol. Have just walked about a bit to stretch hip, caught up on here and about to put the radio on and drift back off. Have decided to do 10am to 3pm tomorrow workwise to give myself a break for a walk in between sessions.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom