Guest viewing is limited

THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

Well done. Courage and organisation win the day. She sounds quite the treasure. Lots of sensible outcomes and wise counsel. Good luck with the next phases.:spin:
 
@Josephine
She wouldn’t even look at my GP’s recommendations let alone anything else and initially was forcing the “company line” re how they “have the right” to overrule the GP. By the time we got to my paperwork including my printout from Bonesmart the die was already cast.

I can easily understand how people get bamboozoled by these discussions....

I am waiting for the report to come through. Apparently I should have had 48 hours to agree to it before it goes to HR. However they told me I had already signed the consent form implying verbal agreement to the meeting content . I subsequently found out that there is an alternative form re the 48 hours agreement which I should have had the option of signing but when I asked this morning they “couldn’t find it”..so gave me the other one .

Along with the fact that HR had not sent OH through my notes in time for the meeting nor the paperwork informing me what to expect (incorrect procedure) I can only hope the notes are correct!

I have asked them not to send the report to HR until I have time to look at them. But have told work I plan to work Monday.

Goodness knows how people navigate through all this if they have a mental issue!

@Apricot I am still reasonably happy with the outcome. I am still having quite a bit of pain however so very glad about not driving for now...
 
It sounds like incompetence; surely no-one is out to get you? If they were, I think they would have to try a great deal harder for someone as competent as yourself.
You have got a result you find satisfactory but you are quite right to insist on your 'rights' to check notes and log receipt of incorrect forms and procedures. After all they need to do procedures better with someone else next time.

Yes driving is something you can leave until later. Especially your treasured low car. Your plans for training the muscles on lower chairs inside seems a good one.
My H tells me there's no need for me to do it most of the time at the moment and he is correct so I give way. However, I am now happy getting in and out of the car and driving when I do. This is again one of those changes that you hardly notice until one day it becomes almost effortless and you realise what immense progress it is.
 
I don’t think anyone is out to get me. But it is a bit frustrating. I have been a case worker for a number of years usually helping people once a situation has got almost to point of no return. Often we find that if correct docs had been kept and procedures followed in the first place half the issues would not have cropped up....!

So I am making very sure that I don’t fall foul of any of this. The OH interview was good but I was well aware of the priorities they have and the formula they have to follow.

Keeping a journal here will help me to help others both on and off this forum and has been very worthwhile so far with the amount of advice I have been getting !
 
OK Ladies - a question and here goes!

In a rather codeine-fuelled moment I agreed to go out with friends to a Chippendales Type evening with lots of well-oiled fit young men strutting their stuff… Out of my comfort zone but rather looking forward to it… I will be having a g&t beforehand to fortify myself. However, a thought occurred to me…

Apparently at these events the strong young men have been know to sit on one's lap and offer baby oil to help top up their shine-levels. Whilst I am not totally against the idea, I am aware that I have had a hip operation. I will be bringing my crutches as a hint but should I wear a sign around my neck saying "Hands Off" or will this only encourage them!

Answers gratefully received!

Layla, lovesstars, Bionic, Mojo333, Alitm, 1stSurgery, Apricot, Bevlah, Wave Hog, JoeKnows
 
Hahaha! "Hands Off" may just encourage them. I'd sit at a table if possible, so legs under the table.
and they'd have to pull your chair out to sit on your lap. By then you have time to tell them hands off, you just had surgery. I think crutches should be a red flag, or a good STOP sign.

A G&T might make you throw caution to the wind and next thing you know you'll end up in the ODIC
all because you greased up a stripper who sat on your lap :rotfl:
@SurreyGirl
 
OMG that’s nuts. I may be the the minority here but that was never my thing. Maybe try sitting WA-A-A-A-A-Y in the back. They will never get to you. Good luck!
Here is a post that really, REALLY deserves the emoji: :yikes::yikes::yikes:
 
Yup. Imagine explaining that to the hospital! I will watch those G&Ts. My friends have suggested we get there early and bag seats in the middle… I think better to be in a left aisle with my defensive crutch at the ready!

Naturally, purely in the interests of research you understand, I will publish a "paper" on the Event… probably my first and last time attending something such as this!!
 
Last edited:
Put the crutch at an angle across you. I think they will run a mile.
Hope you enjoy anyway
 
Five point survival strategy....

1) Sit further back, with binocs as per @Bevlah and @lovesstars advice, so you are "out of reach" of those naughty "boys" carrying baby oil!:rotfl: . But still be careful, as that is a known avoidance strategy! Mid-room might be better?
2) Sit tucked under so no easy access to your lap as per @Layla 's advice.:heehee:
3) Take two crutches to fend off on all sides!:snork:
4) No double Hendricks...the kind Mr. Surrey Girl likes to mix (sorry!):loll:
5) Keep in mind explaining at emerg:rofsign:

Full report required!!!
 
Update. Not at the Event yet but I phoned the Social Club just go advise them to keep the Oiled Ones well away from me. The “crusty old Codger” who works at the bar to whom I spoke suggested I told the girls on the door who were taking the tickets and they would go backstage and warn them.

The “COC” made the mistake of leaving his phone on and I heard him say “well that is one of the weirdest requests I have ever received”.... he then realised the line was not shut off and swore and put the phone down. Think I will now take BOTH crutches!!

:bolt::bolt::martini::martini:



PS “Mr Surrey Girl” is watching The Sound of Music performed by one of the societies he works with at a theatre tonight. A rather different event. We are meeting up later to swap stories...
 
I think that constitutes Assault M’Lord. After all I have PAID for this event! (I never did have a hen night!)
 
Hahaha!
How opposite could hubs and your choice of entertainment be?!!
While hubs is listening to Climb Every Mountain you'll be watching some greasy guys Climb Every Lap.
I agree with Alitm. Full report required. It will be a good laugh for us later tonight. We're just heading toward, or have only passed, the noon hour here across the pond.
Wear some of those rotten ol Billy Bob Teeth, or whatever they're called. They'll stay away!
@SurreyGirl
 
Ok time to get my glad rags on. Nothing too extreme!

I have a perfume that kills at 10 paces!!

“starts to get ready whilst whistling “Mission Impossible”

Back later..... marital fidelity intact I hope....
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom