THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

I was sent home from hospital with oramorph, codeine and paracetamol.
Never took the oramorph at home as I found it made me feel sick in hospital. Took the codeine for a few days but then found out that it caused constipation. So after that just had the paracetamol. Luckily for me it worked ok and then after a couple of weeks was able to stop that too.

Glad I now know what Tylenol and Tramadol are too.
 
Well dreading calling the Gp on Monday but it is the only way I am going to get my sick leave extended. I doubt very much if I will be able to drive by Friday next week. My journey is one hour each way in start stop traffic and I don’t think I can do it yet. Our public transport system is rubbish and the nearest bus stop is 1/2 mile walk across the common.

I had a minor mishap on Wednesday. Went to lunch in a friends sports BMW - which is not quite as low as my car. Used the cushion and plastic bag technique to get in no problems. The car park had gravel so the crutches were not very secure. So I got out of the car holding onto the car in a lowish squat and got to my feet. Again no issues. Upon arriving back at the house I had forgotten what I did and tried to use the crutches. Of course the bars on the crutches were too high and I twisted sideways as I got up. Ouch!

Combined with overdoing the walking things were very sore.

On Thursday I went to the physio. She made me do knee raises and walking etc to check I was ok with the movements. The muscles were very tight around the top of the hip and painful so I lay on my operated side with two pillows between my legs whilst she did some massage.certain spots were very painful!

She advised me to cut down in the walking to 1/4 mile for the time being and to keep going with the exercises. I am seeing her again next week.

Lessons learnt :-(
 
@SurreyGirl
Your minor mishap sounds very painful. I have only tried high cars so far. I'm not lucky enough to have friends with sports BMW :-)
Be careful and do as the physio advises, cut down on the walking until things settle down again.
 
Why are you dreading calling your GP? If you're not feeling ready to return to work, I'm sure your not.
I hope you're feeling better from your minor mishaps. Ice, ice, ice if your still hurting.
Just noticed you don't have which hip was replaced in your signature. If you'd please provide that bit of info, a Mod will add it for you.
I hope you have a great weekend!
@SurreyGirl
 
Left hip. Posterior.

I am happy to report that my GP has extended my sick leave until I see the Consultant so I have also postponed the Occupational Health meeting. The extra three weeks will make a huge difference and I am so relieved!
 
Wonderful news. Please try the above at your own risk :heehee:
You won't need to go back to work anytime soon should you attempt that.
Especialy that leg half raised, hip twisty thing :holysheep:
@SurreyGirl
 
@SurreyGirl , thanks for the great dance video. My hips started to feel stronger and more supple just watching those young men dancing. It's the perfect workout --just watching at this stage, not dancing. However I was exhausted watching after just five minutes, and had to pause the video. There have been studies linking imagining doing an activity to an improvement in ability. I should find references to back that up. That would be a good next google project.
 
I imagined I would be doing this:chuckmarch: and I Can, I Can do this.
I should make a video:heehee:
 
@An54 “There have been studies linking imagining doing an activity to an improvement in ability”

This is so true. When I could not do ankle slides I imagined them and slowly but surely it became a reality and felt as I had imagined.

With scuba diving I imagine it particularly with regards to proper breathing and using it for small ascending and descending movements when going over coral etc. This is a hobby I am really looking forward to restarting when I am ready.

Also helps with mentally practising the violin! I am sure that there has been some work on this.
 
A mini-milestone - managed to sleep on my non operated side halfway through the night and then switched back to back sleeping early this morning. Result, no backache....good!

Lovely sunny day today so can feel a walk coming on but mindful of physios instructions not to overdo it (as I did the other day)!
 
Glad things are continuing to improve.
I imagine I can sing...but I can't !
I imagine people don't notice I am awful at it, but they do:umm:
So I imagine it doesn't matter...and it doesn't! See it works !:whistle:
 
Back
Top Bottom