THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

I think GPs are struggling Surrey Girl. I didn't realise when I tried to get my meds reviewed that being told no phone appointments until September let alone face to face ones was because our practice has lost 3 GPs who are unlikely to be replaced as newly qualified doctors apparently prefer to work in cities. Only the opportunity to wait early in the morning in the surgery as an emergency which is not really appropriate for a prescription renewal. Fortunately someone must have decided to let me have the meds anyway! But no joined up post hospital care which must be very worrying for many.
 
I think this is spreading. I’ve lost 3 nice GPS since March. They are discontuing the ring for an appointment on the day bit and having drop in 8-10 for urgent things. There is word on the grapevine that 5 have resigned with no replacements.
 
I am not overdoing it but a gentle 40 minute walk on crutches is 3x more than I managed previously with my very bad hip.
It's all relative, my dear SG, so congrats on record-setting hobbles.

Blues violin! Geez, this is a talented group!
 
Em and em etc. It seems the shortage of GPS is beginning to bite along with increased requests for appts that back to school always brings.
We have 3000 more homes being built around our small town so things will only get worse.
The surgery did suggest a call back from a GP so will try to arrange this on Monday. That way I can hopefully get s prescription for more codeine and discuss the OH return to work situation at the same time.

It is a shame I can’t see the GP I saw the other week as she was excellent.
 
I thought you might like to see an account of my day today as part of my recovery!!

I did my basic exercises this morning and, instead of going walking, went across the road to a younger neighbours house for a party. We knew some of the people there but not all. I bought a cushion with me and found a chair that, with the cushion was just about ok.

However I spent most of the party standing up in my crutches and sat down once the bbq Was ready. People were great about bringing me food and nice red wine. I did drink about 1/2 bottle over three hours. Which is more than I have had in one session over the past 2 months.

Wings and Wheels was taking place about 3 miles away so we had a lovely display of Red Arrows at around 4pm. And the conversations were “interrupted” by a succession of interesting planes although sadly no Vulcan.

By 6pm i was tiring and needed my next set of pills so my hubby came with me back to the house to make sure I was safe. This involved negotiating the neighbours gravelled drive and cracked paving stones, toddlers and various other obstacles .

I took my pills (no morphine) and got into bed as my ankle needed icing as very swollen from all the standing. Next minute I was out like a light. Hubby woke me at 8pm as he was home getting some fireworks for the party which was roaring on across the road . After “Armageddon” for 10 mins I went to sleep until 11pm and woke up feeling very groggy and achy. And Realised I had missed my 10pm pills.

Called hubby who escaped the karaoke session just in time. At my request he cooked me baked beans in toast with a cup of tea, which was all I wanted. Now in bed again with ice on my hip.

I never realised socialising especially with new friends was such hard work! But good fun.

Maybe I will make the kareoke next time.!!

Planing to take it easy tomorrow. Night everyone.
 
sleep well Surrygirl:sleep:
 
A pretty rubbish nights sleep as went to bed far too early. But

About to do first supermarket shopping trip. Went to the bathroom before leaving the house and realised I had forgotten my crutch. Wow! Didn’t panic, it wasn’t far to get back to my bedroom but movement felt very natural. Mustn’t rush things as need to get gait and posture spot on but very happy about that

Still some stiffness and pain at top of thigh where the wound starts. Pretty sure it is muscular. Fingers crossed...
 
Didn’t panic, it wasn’t far to get back to my bedroom but movement felt very natural. Mustn’t rush things as need to get gait and posture spot on but very happy about that

Very happy for you!:)
Happy one month hipversary, @SurreyGirl !:flwrysmile:
 
Thank you!
Just got back from supermarket shop which went well but h drive over a large pothole too fast in the way back and top of hip now hurts :-(

Will take it easy this afternoon.
 
Ugh! Had lunch and then admitted defeat and went to bed. 19:15 wake up and totally disorientated. Heard H next door and assumed it was morning.

I was supposed to be cooking a Thai venison curry tonight but H suggested we had a pie, mash and sweet corn and that I cook tomorrow orcTuesdsy. I think I agree!

Top of hip hurts around the wound. Will ask physio about this when I see her on Tuesday.

Question? Our American friends seem to cut down and use Tylenol and Tramadol. What are the English equivalents please and are they only on prescription?! Sorry if this is a very ignorant question.
 
Hi @SurreyGirl
Sounds like you're doing well. Getting out and about, forgetting your walking aid, cooking meals.
Let us know what the Physio says about your wound on Tuesday.
I'm tagging @Josephine to comment on your Tylenol / Tramadol question.
Wishing you a peaceful evening and a great week as you continue healing!
 
Our American friends seem to cut down and use Tylenol and Tramadol. What are the English equivalents please and are they only on prescription?
Yes, Tylenol is paracetamol in the UK but Tramadol is the same. Ask your GP if he will prescribe them for you. Mine did and I used the routine of 50mg Tramadol with 2 paracetamol every 6hrs. Using them both together is a great combo!
 
Thanks, very useful. I can’t see a GP until after 10th and run out of Codeine in four days so will ask for a telephone consultation and see if they will prescribe.

No morphine for four days now. Still have the bottle just in case.
 
Hope that cocktail works for you.
I went that way, per Josephine's suggestion, and it worked very well for me.
Hope you have a good day
 
Good luck with the pain relief.
I hope you're able to get a re-fill, or Jo's combo works for you.
Wishing you a great week!
@SurreyGirl
 
Thanks. I have about 6 daysof codeine left so enough time to a telephone conversation with a Gp re alternatives. Thanks everyone..
 
They don't seem keen on codeine judging by my GP's remarks. But if the hospital think it's appropriate they're the experts in my opinion.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom