THR Hokey cokey OK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to PT today and she said because of probably a few years of not moving my legs correctly the muscles in the front hip area are so tight they aren't willing to hardly move. I have to do a few exercises to get those stretched out. She stretched my muscles and massaged the areas that hurt so I hope I will start seeing some progress with the new exercises. I think those muscles gave my surgeon a hard time too. He said something about the tightness of my hip area made things difficult.
TeeEm, it's amazing that you remember all that. Did you doctors know you were awake? Did they have you asleep and you just woke up in the middle?
 
Elosarabrab Kim22 Littlejem TeeEm ByGosh sandybeach. The last thing I remember is sliding onto the operating table, and I am glad to say nothing more. This discussion of physical therapy is helpful. I think I had the most recent surgery-it will be three weeks on Friday- and have many more exercises. I am also walking 4-6 blocks a day. Today I am exhausted, and may be coming down with a UTI. Had to go to a lab for a test this afternoon. definitely going to slow down.
 
LeeApril26 I hope you don't have a UTI, that's not what you need during your recovery. I will sometimes get that feeling of a UTI when I'm a little bit down on my fluid intake. I find that if I force fluids alot and get the urine very dilute, it helps. And yes, yes, yes, slowing down sounds like the right thing to do. You may be tiring yourself out, which can also set you up for catching something. You are very fresh post-op, remember. And lots of healing is going on now - your body needs rest to help it along. Sounds like that's a lot of walking everyday, so soon after major surgery. It's sure to drain your energy. Take care of yourself, your body will recover and the muscles will get stronger without so much of a push right now.
I hope you have a good sleep tonight and wake up feeling better and ready to rest even more tomorrow! :)
 
ByGosh thanks. I think you're right. I am going to do less and rest more, and drink lots of fluids. I hope I'll get the test results tomorrow.
 
:eeeuw: I can't read the surgery posts, I have a, 'I don't want to know, I don't want to know' attitude............and with more surgery to come............
I hope that Kim22 and ByGosh tendinitis sorts it's self out really soon so you can both get back on your recovery path :SUNsmile: x
 
LeeApril26 I felt likeI was going down with flu for about 6 weeks after my op without it actually developing. I now think it was connected to recovery and the dreaded energy drain as well as my immune system.I hope you feel better soon and extra rest and fluids can only do you good. Take care
 
Elosarabrab. We have been having a very chilly spring, too. Frost warnings in the suburbs several nights this week. I am yearning for warmth and sunshine. Hope you get some soon.
 
It's been no better down here Elosarabrab although it's looking like it might turn into a nice evening! :SUNsmile:
I've bought lots of plants, for my hanging baskets, tubs and to go into the main garden and I haven't been able to do it because of the darn rain!! Warmth and sunshine would indeed be wonderful!!
 
Littlejem Elosarabrab We had a couple of really gorgeous warm and sunny weeks here on the East Coast, didn't we LeeApril26? But this week is dismal so far, cold at night, gray and drizzly during the day. Although today it's warming up. I hope we see some sunshine later. The dogs and I like to sit outside and sunbathe! Especially the little chihuahua mix. He was born for the sun and will spend all day from 9am til 3pm out on the patio! It's almost like he's away at kindergarten all day long! :heehee:
Littlejem Thanks for the good wishes. And don't read anything that'll make you nervous with your next surgery coming up. sqwerlie is your surgery buddy, I heard! That's great to have a companion, even though she calls herself a THR Virgin :rotfl: because it's her first one!
 
The weather has been awful up here with sleet this afternoon but one good thing that came out of it was I drove the car for the first time.My friend asked me to call as she has been having a few problems and I did plan to walk as she lives in the village not far away but when I was due to set off the heavens opened so I decided to drive there instead. It was a very short journey and it was ok so another milestone ticked off hurray ! it's been dry this evening sunny but cold so did have a short walk. I did the deep message to the groin when I got back I think it's getting less excruciating.
 
ByGosh Littlejem Elosarabrab. It seems like ages ago that we had some warm days. It was sunny Sunday, but so windy and cold. It's supposed to warm up later this week. Still drizzly and cold in NYC right now.
 
Kim22, I bet it felt good driving again. A short trip for your first time was probably better for you, ease yourself back in gradually.
I promised Ed I would wait for him to come home from work and we would go for a walk outside together. I am getting impatient as the weather is so cold, windy and raining. I don't want to go out by myself as I don't feel confident yet. I will just have to keep doing circuits of the house as exercise.
 
Elosarabrab Yes it felt good to drive again but I was really glad that I could get in and out of the car without hurting my leg as that was what I was worried about. What a shame that you missed the little bit of sun this morning as its changed again for the worse My hubby put the washing out at my request before he went out and now its raining but it will just have to get wet unfortunately. You are doing the right thing by waiting until Ed gets back for going out side for a walk.
 
Kim22, Yes it did feel good with the sun shining. I started with two sticks but felt pretty stable and tried just one. On even ground it was fine but there are a lot of bumpy paths round here so I have to be careful.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom