Guest viewing is limited

THR Hokey cokey OK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Littlejem, I will have to get some lavender to try.
Peaches, I fall asleep in front of the TV too. I don't use a TV in the bedroom. I have blackout curtains to keep out the light. I don't drink caffeine for a few hours before bed.
Kim22, I might have to try getting up and come on here for amusement and see if that helps tire me out.
I dont nap during the day now. It is irritating this lack of sleep :gaah:
 
Hi Elosarabrab - I might try the lavender, also. I find that I keep coming to the point of falling asleep when I'm reading my book during the day, but I am stopping myself from napping, because I am going to sleep fine but waking at 2 am. Sigh. :mcoffee: I might try some hot milk before bedtime tonight.......
 
I managed a better sleep last night. I stayed up as long as I could until I was really tired. I slept for a couple of hours then woke up. I got back to sleep after a while had another hours sleep and went on like that till morning. Not brilliant but at least I got a bit of sleep.
 
Elosarabrab, I am 10 days ahead of you with recovery, I was wondering how you're doing. I have the sleep problem going on every night too. I can usually fall asleep but then I wake up a couple hours later and then I'm up for a few hours. I might have to try the lavender that Littlejem suggested. I am down to taking an occasional pain pill now. I still haven't been able to get out and walk much, we have had a horrible weather pattern this spring. Most of my walking has been around the house and shopping. I'm staying active but I still have weakness in my leg muscles and need to sit after walking very much. Days when I can get out do some things will give me muscle aches the next day so those become slower days for me but I still continue to move through it.
 
sandybeach, I don't know what is going on with the weather mid May and I put the heating on I am freezing. Its been cold, wet and horrible for so long now. I can't get outside for walks so have to do a few circuits of the house and stairs. I am still on one pill twice a day, just because I am weaning off them not because of pain.
 
Elosarabrab We are having the same nasty cold weather here. Today the sun is shining, looks beautiful out but the temp is 50 degrees, this is crazy. I take Tylenol before PT and if I start to get muscle pains, I will take a few pills. I just don't take them everyday like I did. I have to get my sleep pattern figured out, I don't know if I have to deprive myself for a few days and then I will sleep all night. But I just don't sleep all night anymore. Once I'm back to work I sure hope I do otherwise I will have some long, tired days.
 
Elosarabrab, I love the Caturday! :heehee: I changed my avatar the other day (so proud - it had taken me ages to figure it out several years ago!) and this cat is Pooh Bear, who is officially my younger son's cat. Both he and his sister Midnight, who is also black but with a little white "star" on her throat (her formal name is Midnight Star, and she officially belongs to my older son who is no longer at home.) They are 17 years old - old enough to drive!

sandybeach, I am taking a few prescription pain pills each day still; I am probably pushing the limits in terms of my activity level. But I'd rather keep active and pop a pill now and then. Also, because I can't take any NSAIDS (intestinal issues) some kind of prescription thing is the only way I can have something stronger than Tylenol. With my last hip, reading the sensible info on BS helped me get rid of my fear of addiction, and I was as active as I could, within limits, and medicated as needed, and I couldn't have been happier with the results!

It's cold here, too, and windy and rainy today........
 
The sun is out today so I managed to get out for a walk with Ed.:tada: We were out about 45 mins and I had a few rest stops. I am using one stick/cane. I feel pretty stable. Much more than I did Pre op. I didnt want to overdo things so I came back when things started to ache. After a sit down I'm fine. I had worried that not walking much outside was delaying my recovery but it seems not to be a problem.
 
Songlady good for you changing your avatar. Its funny if you have a techy problem just ask a 5 year old. :heehee: I must admit it takes me a while to figure out how to do stuff on here.
Your cats are a grand age. My previous cat Maggie was my daughters cat but when she moved out she left the cat here.
I hope the sunshine reaches you soon.
 
Yes we also are having a nice day here today, it's really quite warm in the sunshine!! I'm glad you and your man got out for a walk Elosarabrab, a bit of fresh air is so good for you and the fact that you felt so good and with no pain, brilliant!! :) My 3 grandsons had a good laugh at the caturday :rotfl: Songlady I love your cat, I have a real soft spot for black cats, and yours are hansome and such a good age too, they're obviously really well spoilt, and quite right too!!:kittykiss:
 
Littlejem,Songlady That picture made me laugh so I had to share it.
Apparently black cats are harder to re home. We got Quinn from Cat protection charity and they said they have a real problem homing black cats as a lot of people are wary of them for some reason. I think they are beautiful.
Being out in the sunshine has boosted my mood. Its been grey and miserable for so long it gets depressing.
 
Thanks, Elosarabrab, for the wondeful pic! Gave me a much needed laugh. So glad you have made some strides, with the sleep and the walking. The rain has prevented me from practicing outside walking, but not inside. I will up the inside walking so I can work up some distance. I wish a sunny--or at least a rain-free--holiday weekend to everyone!
 
Hi Elosarabrab I loved Caterday too.I am so glad you enjoyed your walk out with Ed in the beautiful fresh air and of course the sunshine.We have also had a short walk in Houghall Woods in Durham and the bluebells were so beautiful in full bloom at last.It is good to be alive ! I am tired now and needed a lie down when I got home. Littlejem Have you had any more baths ?
 
I had heard that black cats are more difficult to re home and went to the re homing center with the view of getting a black male cat but ended up bringing home a bad tempered white little girl, no body wanted her she bit everyone and I took pity on her!! She's still bad tempered and still bites but she's part of the family now, little sod that she is!!:kittykiss:yes Kim22 I have had another bath, it was lovely, have you chanced it yet??
 
No I long to but dare not try until I see the OS as I am worried about doing more damage to the groin muscle Tendonitis. I haven't seen my OS or any member of his team since the day of my surgery as yesterday's appointment was cancelled because he has broken his arm.
 
ByGosh to answer your question I am still sore in the groin area but there has been a little improvement but as you say it's going to take some time. I am still doing the massage and rubbing in the Arnica cream and doing a little bit more walking each day.
 
I don't blame you for not trying the bath Kim22 if your groin is still sore, it's best not to tempt fate, and it's a long time to wait to see your OS isn't it?
 
Elosarabrab Very cute picture of Caturday! The kitty looks very relaxed. So glad you had a nice walk outside. The weather here on the East Coast is chilly and drizzly today, not so inspiring for outdoors activity. It's a holiday weekend here in the USA - Memorial Day, when we remember our soldiers who are no longer with us. Our town has a big parade every year. I hope it clears up for that on Monday.
Kim22 I'm glad you're improving. I've started the Arnica, too, but bought the gel, which is pretty much the same I think. I just read an article on line that says slow and steady walking in short amounts as tolerated, with rest in between if needed, is the best exercise for the hips. That's an inspiration!
 
What a lovely thing to celebrate, let's hope it is a nice day for the parade. We also have a holiday weekend, it's a bank holiday on Monday so a nice long weekend and so far our weather has behaved itself!! :SUNsmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom