Guest viewing is limited

THR Hokey cokey OK

Status
Not open for further replies.
So happy for you Elosarabrab! It's a great feeling isn't it? I'm also 6 months and life is very different. And such fun!
I find myself looking for places to walk to instead of drive or bus it. When the confidence kicks in after you tentatively try something new you feel ten feet tall and bulletproof! Life is good.
 
Congratulations Elosarabrab, where has that six months gone.. So pleased you are enjoying your bionic hip :)
 
Wonderful, wonderful six-month report card, Elosarabrab! So happy to hear from you and hear how great you feel. And I am super impressed with the shoelace tying, as that is still difficult for me.
Yes, this time last year was a whole different life. The interesting thing is that while I have problems (back and the other hip) that prevent me from saying I'm living a totally pain-free life," I CAN say with great certainty that the replaced hip works very well and thank goodness for that. Take care, and please keep us up to date when you are able to.
 
Happy holidays, @Elosarabrab ... so sorry for not seeing your tag sooner. So happy to read your six-month report and that your hip is doing so well! I think we all are reflecting back on Christmas this time last year and how different it was. Keep us posted on how you're doing. Take care and happy 2014.
 
@Josephine @bottomshollow @Poppet I found this and thought it might be interesting to other hipsters QUARK (a type of soft cheese) In Switzerland, quark is recommended by some physiotherapists as an alternative to ice for treatment of swelling associated with sprains, etc.[citation needed] It can be cooled in a refrigerator and then applied to swollen tissues (enclosed in a plastic bag). The advantages over ice are that it does not get so cold, reducing risk of damage to treated tissue, but stays cooler longer.
 
Thanks @Elosarabrab - I have read about it being used by various famous skiers and in Switzerland, quark is recommended by some physiotherapists as an alternative to ice for treatment of swelling associated with sprains, etc.It can be cooled in a refrigerator and then applied to swollen tissues (enclosed in a plastic bag). The advantages over ice are that it doesn't get so cold, reducing risk of damage to treated tissue, but stays cooler longer. The plastic bag is insurance, if there are open wounds wrapped in linen..

If there are no open wounds Quark is also used on sunburns, insect stings, high fever....

How are you warrior girl?
 
@Kim22 @zauberflöte @Peaches @LeeApril26
@Songlady @TeeEm @sandybeach @Littlejem @ByGosh @sqwerlie @Red Shoe @annieme @Maeve and anyone else I missed - I meant you too,
I went for my post op check up today. Had x rays done and my hip flexibility checked. Everything is good and no worries.
Hard to believe its 16 months for the RTHR and as of 22 April it is a year for my LTHR.
I can walk with no issues. I can cut my toenails, tie shoe laces. I can get in and out of the bath. Down on to my knees and back up again. It is so good to be able to do every day stuff without having to think about it. Not having to plan shopping /outings by where I can stop and rest. All the pain and misery are a long distant memory,It's like it happened to someone else. I am so grateful this op is possible.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
So good for us newbies to hear for more experienced hipsters!


Sheryl from Pittsburgh
LTHR on 4/2/2014
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@Elosarabrab, just think one short year ago how we as group bonded, with all the pain and suffering we were all going through and looking forward to our recoveries and here we are today and what seems like years from all of that. It's great what technology has done for us that had and still are going through hip issues. To be able to have surgery, recover and go on with life. I have days now that I don't even think about surgery anymore. I have so much energy now that I can't wait for summer to be out spending time in my yard and doing the things I couldn't for the last few years. Pain takes so much energy out of you.
 
@Elosarabrab, To be able to have surgery, recover and go on with life. I have days now that I don't even think about surgery anymore.
I hope so . . . still having some trouble in my mind over "losing" part of my body and submitting my body to surgery. These irrational thoughts and fears are so difficult to get out of my mind . . . I only hope that my mind recovers to the point that "I don't even think about surgery anymore." Geez, it was life-altering important but I can't wait til I can put this part of life behind me and get on with living.
 
@Me2 One day you will realize that you haven't thought about your hip for hours, then it will be days. The first few weeks lugging around a leg that feels like a tree trunk are really difficult. Fatigue and the blues are part of the process. When you get up and walk across a room and realize you forgot your cane, the euphoria sets in.
This is not to say life gets all rosey. I still have arthritic thumbs and knees, but the grinding agony of the hip is long gone and I am out living life again. Good luck.
 
@Elosarabrab Barbara-- you sound like you're doing wonderfully! I can do all those things too, but my left hip is very jealous and wants to be bionic too LOL...
Your wedding-- how is that going? I know there can't be but so much planning, but remember all us hippie bridesmaids come the day :) :loveshwr:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom