THR Hokey cokey OK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes we have dodgy pavements here too and I remember needing to take care when I first went walking outside. I have just realised that this is no longer an issue for me so another bit of progress.
 
It was pouring with rain all last night and so far all day. Last night was the first in years that my hips didn't tell me the rain was coming. :yay: Usually I had lots of pain in the hips if it was going to rain but last night, nothing.
I didn't realise till I was putting a reply on a thread here. For me that is amazing. I almost don't mind I cant go out for a walk.
 
Hi Barbara, Isnt that wonderful you must be delighted with no weather related pain at last.Our village has been flooded again I feel so sorry for the businesses on the Front Street who are brushing out the water again.Earlier there was a river flowing down the street and it was very reminiscent of Black Thursday last June. The rain has stopped now so you may get your walk after all
 
Oh good gracious you weather some really dire!! We didn't get any rain yesterday, thank goodness, but we'd had a fair amount midweek. What wonderful news that your weather warning has stopped working :heehee: I'm sure you can cope very well with out it!!
 
I just can't understand the changing weather patterns across the world as I sit here typing this wrapped in a blankie, with the heating on and a hot water bottle on my hip.. but then we are only days away from winter down under!

p.s. a little bit of trivial... Note The invention also offer some medical treatment in form of e.g. pain relief as a "heating pad".

Greatest Invention: Hot Water Bottle - Hands down
The hot water bottle is a superb invention that has offered heat and comfort for millions of people world wide.

The earliest bed warmers (16th century) were made of earth ware or metal filled with hot coal. They were a fire hazard and could easily burn the user. The modern hot water bottle avoided this by being made of thick rubber filled with hot water. The hot water bottle as we know it today was invented in 1903. It was the first patent of the Croatian multi inventor Slavoljub Eduard Penkala (Budapest, Patent No 29276). Since 1903 it has offered hazard free warmth and comfort to millions during cold winters and stormy autumns. The invention also offer some medical treatment in form of e.g. pain relief as a "heating pad". An indication of its popularity can be seen in the millions of recreations and copies made in numerous shapes, colours and attractive wrappings.

This modest, simple and timeless invention is used daily by millions, of all ages and cultures in most corners of the world. There are millions of great complicated inventions around, however, very few of them can compete with Penkala’s invention when it comes to offer an affordable, reliable, easy usable source of heat and comfort.
 
Ok Poppet - Now I'm turning on my heating pad, it's too early for me to heat up water for the hot water bottle, but I'm suddenly needing some nice warmth on my hips. :)
Oh yes, I think I've asked you before, but don't believe you saw it - I've found Arnica Gel at our stores here. It contains a little alcohol in it. Is it safe to use on sore muscles and the groin area? - no broken skin anywhere. And can it be used if one is also taking an NSAID?

Elosarabrab How wonderful it must be not to have a weather man in your hips any more! :)
 
Week 4 post op. Down to one walking stick outside. I am busy weaning off the heavy duty meds as I didnt need them post surgery but cant stop them suddenly. Down to 10mg x twice a day.
Noticed some knee pain on left side on certain movements like when first standing up. Not giving too much trouble but I will keep an eye on it.
 
Hi Barbara, Four weeks already ! It's a great feeling when you get off the strong painkillers and just use over the counter stuff.I felt almost normal and so much better but of course as you say you need to do it very slowly to avoid withdrawal symptoms.You are doing well getting down to one stick. How far are you walking now ? From what I have read most of us have knee pain in the post surgery period mine switches fom one side to the other.You are doing grand.

Hi Poppet I love my hot water bottle and find it wonderful for muscle aches and pains
 
Hi Elosarabrab, Happy 4 week anniversary to us! It sounds as though we are probably moving along at a fairly similar pace. I am only doing our major staircase once a day - down in the morning and up at night - so if you are "doing stairs" some during the day - wow!! I have been able to get out some, although now we are in a pattern of rainy days, which squelches that. It sounds as if I'm taking more pain meds than you, although I'm cutting down also. "Hip, Hip, Hooray!" :)
 
Elosarabrab Well another miserable day in the weather department. It was the same after my op except it was freezing with snow on the ground so it was a while before I got going outside.As long as you are active round the house then you will be ok. It was when I got outside I over did things.
 
Oh how I'm looking forward to coming off the strong painkillers and NSAIDs, I've been taking the anti inflammatory meds on and on for quite a few years now!! I'm glad you are all managing to cut down and agree it will need to be slowly and at your own individual pace, well done girls!! :yahoo:
 
Littlejem, Yes I have been on various pills for years. I cant remember the last time I didn't need to take anything. Also not having to take half the chemist shop out with me wherever I go. It is funny how much we just accept as the norm when we have to.
 
So, so true Barbara, when I go into the chemist to collect my latest prescription, I have such a huge bag full!!!
 
I am having problems sleeping :yawn: I am not in pain I just cant sleep despite being really tired. Doesn't help that Ed is happily snoring away.I feel like a zombie today I cant concentrate on anything.
 
Hi, Elosarabrab, and I am right there with you with the weird sleep problems. Hope it clears up for you soon. I wish I had some answers! "They" say that you shouldn't have the TV or computer on or any light coming from anything like that when you try to sleep. I do find that falling asleep with the TV on can sometimes make me automatically go to sleep. I guess it's an individual thing....... Good luck!
 
Elosarabrab I know that feeling, you just want to kick them out of bed don't you, have you tried the lavender?
 
Hi Barbara So sorry to hear that you are having problems sleeping I found that I didn't sleep too well once I came off the codeine.I am sleeping better now but at least once a week I find it hard drop off so I get up have a cup of tea and read my book or I have been known to log in on here and chat to friends inthe US. I sympathise with you on the snoring as there is nothing more annoying
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom