Guest viewing is limited

THR Hokey cokey OK

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to google cicadas...yuck they look just awful, I feel for those who are going to have to deal with the invasion, that would really give me the willies having thousands of those things swarming around.

Barbara, time for the heating to go back on and for you to snuggle up in the warm house for the next few days, heavy winds and rain forecast. Lots of rest and lovely naps. :) build up your strength for pur next burst of sunshine.

Oh and great news about the shower achievement...onwards and upwards.

Take care

Ann
 
Elosarabrab, LeeApril26, zauberflöte, and Littlejem, I hd to look up cicadas, too. Eww, what I saw online was pretty overwhelming! My husband said that he'd heard the Eastern side of Connecticut was supposed to get more than we are (midcoast CT bu west-ish.) I'd love to see and hear them some, but, I really am not fond of bugs of any sort. Let's stay tuned.
Elosarabrab, we had a gray day today. We've needed rain very much, but... it's been hard to keep a sunny disposition with gray skies outdoors. After my morning PT visit, which of course had to be indoors (we've been walking outside otherwise) I pretty much hung out in my chair and read.
But congrats on the increased balance in the shower! Every little improvement is a milestone and a good reminder of how good life should be with our new hips!:egypdance:
 
We don't get cicadas in the UK but I've seen and more often heard them when abroad in Spain and France, they are noisy little blighters but we usually only see a few not the loads that are predicted LeeAprils way!!
Elosarabrab check out the time I am posting here, I'm wide awake and have to get up for work tomorrow, grrr!!! A cup of tea then try again I think and hope sleep will come back. x
 
Elosarabrab nap time-- I hope you had it! :) I'm not even recovering, and I have fallen asleep while reading at the table no less, more than once this week...snzzzzzzzzx*

Ok, does anybody here do the online Pandora radio stations? Mr ZF does, and he's got one that he's trying to train to choral music, he calls it "King's College Choir', hoping to attract the right sort of music. Well, they give him Christmas music half the time, just had to listen to "O Holy Night".... sheesh...
 
I had a good sleep last night. Today is grey and miserable outside. Back on with the cardigan.
I had a nap yesterday. Its funny one minute I feel fine the next I'm dozing off.
I took the dressing off this morning. The scar is longer this time about 9 inches. I had 40 staples in it! The scar is a bit scabby but healing well.
zauberflöte, you are practising your nap technique for post surgery. You should have it perfected by the time you have your surgery.
Anniepops I seem to nod off at the drop of a hat lately, all good for my recovery. I'm a bit doubtful I will see the sunshine any time soon :skep:
Littlejem it's a shame I cant send you one of my naps I seem to have plenty of them. I hope your day wasn't too tiring.
 
Hi Barbara it's raining here now and quite chilly I wonder how long it will be before the sun comes out again. Just heard on the news that Paul McCartney was covered in a swarm ??? Of grasshoppers during a gig in Brazil Are these the same as your cicadas in the US ?
 
cicadas are a type of beetle and grasshoppers are long bodies and long legs (I think) It Would be funny if it was cicadas then it could be a beatle covered in beetles.
Yes the lovely English weather . . . . . grey, wet and miserable. My cat is not impressed either. He is snoozing on my bed at the moment. His coat seems to think its summer cos every time I touch him a cloud of fur comes off.
 
around here, hassgroppers (sorry...) and cicadas are nothing like each other. grasshoppers are a little similar to crickets, and apparently (wikipedia is your friend) make noise, too. I can't say i've ever heard a grasshopper chirp, but I'e heard millions of crickets do it. Poor Paulie....
Does anybody remember Fabian getting smacked in the face with a Canada goose while on an amusement park ride? LOL
 
Hi there zauberflöte, Are you enjoying your holiday on Cape Cod and is the weather still lovely ? Not long to go now. How are you feeling ?
 
Elosarabrab, 40 staples?! Wow!!
I think my scar is a little longer this time, also. I'll try to measure it.
Clearly your body is still needing a lot of rest in order to heal! I napped yesterday, but many days I am not - but then I am exhausted at night, and go to bed much earlier than usual, and I am not waking until later than usual. Goodness, all this sleep! I am so glad to know that I'm not the only one sleeping more than usual, even if our patterns of zzz are different!
 
Kim22 hey! thanks for asking :) Lovely vacation -- I just stretched my legs out on a little walk. Husband went for the big-boy version, around by a lighthouse and up and down many hills. Next year that's me!!!!!!!!:happydance: I got rained on, it made me have to buy an ice cream bar:rotfl: 9,000,000,000 calories but scrumptious!
I'm feeling like I know I've forgotten something. This trip was supposed to give me time t finish all my lists etc. Haven't touched 'em! yikes.... Must. Finish. Lists. :)
 
Hi Elosarabrab,
I know just what you mean by being tired and not sleeping. It's almost like it's fatigue rather than plain old healthy tiredness and the no sleep is very trying. I seem to sleep in hourly snatches but I think it's the post op discomfort and the need to sleep on my back that's doing me in.
I have my fingers and toes crossed for restrictions to be lifted at my 6 week check next Friday. A double bonus would be the OK to sleep in our waterbed!
 
Elosarabrab, Get all the sleep/naps in that you can. Early on they feel so good. I have come to the part where I have a hard time sleeping at all. I never had restrictions so that's not my problem. I am weaning off the med's, I'm not having any hip pain so I don't need them as much, just can't turn off my brain. I'm up most nights until 4:00 in the morning. I glad I'm not back to work yet.
 
sandybeach, I think we have to relearn how to sleep through the night. We have had disturbed sleep for so long because of pain and medication it might take a while to get back into a normal sleep pattern.
I have been off work for so long I am not looking forward to going back.
 
Elosarabrab, I think you're right. I go to bed feeling tired and then lay wide awake for hours. I haven't slept good for over a year until I had the surgeries and then it was the med's that put me out at night but then I slept all day too. How long do you have off work? I have another 2 weeks but I think I will get it extended another week. How long have you been off work? What kind of work do you do? I do office work, admin. assist. so I can sit or stand whenever I want/need to. My office on the main level so no steps to bother with either.
 
sandybeach, I work in a call centre dealing with boiler/heating repairs. Part of a government scheme to provide heating systems for elderly and disabled people. I work in an office so sitting down for most of the day. The pain got so bad in my hips I went on sick leave November 2012. My boss saw I was in agony and sent me home. There wasn't much point in going back to work between surgeries as I would need to refresh my knowledge before going back on the phones.
 
Elosarabrab You have a good boss that noticed your pain and told you to take care of you. Mine just said they could see how much pain I'm in and told me how awful surgery will be. I actually went back to work for two weeks between my surgeries, I don't think I accomplished much because of the pain so you're smart to have taken all this time off. Did your hip pain come on fast or slow and steady? Mine came on fast and furiously. I didn't know what was wrong I even went to the point thinking that my chair at work was causing my pain so I bought a new chair softer chair.
 
sandybeach, It was a bit of both. For years I had trouble with my right leg gradually getting worse. The left decided to join in but it was a rapid decline a matter of weeks and it was agony. So I was pretty much stuck I could hardly walk, couldn't sit for long, every movement was accompanied by a loud crack from both hips so I needed the surgery.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom