Guest viewing is limited

THR Hokey cokey OK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elosarabrab I'm so pleased it all went well and it sounds like you're doing really well. :)
I had a long old day yesterday attending a funeral 200 miles away, I've been in work today and so I'm really glad it's the weekend!!
 
Wehey Barbara, it's great to hear you sounding fine and dandy, you know the routine now so are well prepared for what's ahead. I'm so pleased you are finding it a bit easier what with the other hip being sorted so not giving you any hassle. Here's to a nice and smooth second recovery :martini:

Take care

Ann.x.
 
Elosarabrab Congratulations on your second hip. I too was surprised at how little post-op pain Ive had . 17 days post op and all Im taking is a couple of doses of paracetamol a day, and I reckon I could probably manage without. Ugggg. That horrible pre-op crunching. The sensation used to make me feel sick. So glad that's gone !
 
Littlejem, sorry you had a funeral to go to, and such a long way to go too. Rest up this weekend.
I am still feeling pretty good. Now the bone crunching pain is gone. No sound effects when I stand up :yay:
Ed is still looking after me. My appetite is a bit down but he is making sure I eat well. He goes back to work on Monday (for a rest) and my sister is coming over. She only lives a short distance from me so it is a great help.
I have a nice line of dots from the injections but it's not too bad. My ankles haven't swollen up this time.
zauberflöte, yes my cat does that too. Whoever is busy on the PC gets his company. He likes to sit on the seat you are about to go to also. I push him off but Ed is so soft he won't move the cat and stands up.
 
Barbara, it looks like you are doing great. It is wonderful to have someone there to help you out and I don't mean the cat...lol I am sure he is great company for you! Keep progressing well with those shiney new hips.:cheers:
 
Elosarabrab Cats are all the same. One huge cat in millions of fur coats.... I'm so happy that you are all over the surgery parts!! No ankle swelling sounds lovely to me :) I bet I will get swelling-- my ankles swell up in the hot humid summer anyway. I wear socks in the winter, and my ankles are lovely and slender (well relatively so) but take those socks off in April and poof! balloon ankles!:loll:
 
zauberflöte, My ankles do tend to swell anyway. They were always swollen by the end of the day after my first op but very little this time. It is a week today since surgery it is amazing. I feel fine except I cant get warm. Nearly the end of April and I have the heating on and wearing big cardies. The district nurse is due today to check the wound and redress it. It is starting to get a bit tight.
I am looking at the floor and there is more fur than carpet. I am being very good and not getting the vacuum out. My sister will be here shortly and she will do it for me. She knows what I am like. . . no patience.
 
anniemg heh. How I knew I was past menopause was, I got cold feet and hands in the winter one year, and I realized it was over!!!!:rotfl: NowI get hot flashes in bed every night after getting up to pee, and after a breakfast of lots of oatmeal....but that's about it.
Elosarabrab We keep our house pretty chilly in the winter to save on heating, cos we can't scrimp on the a/c-- if we did, the mold would take over the house:yikes: from the humidity. So for 6 months, around the house I wear a camisole, two long sellved shirts, a big sweater, and a fleece zip-up vest. And am often still cold. And let's not forget the wool socks and fleece/suede ankle-high slippers!
 
Hi Barbara , just checking in to see how you are getting on .it will be nice having your sister to look after you for a while. I hope the cat is behaving her/himself
 
I had the nurse over on Monday to check and redress the wound. Everything looks as it should and healing well. She will check me again this Friday then come Tuesday 7th May to remove the staples.
I am really feeling much better at this stage than I did with my previous surgery. It is a lot to do with the fact I don't have a painful hip holding me back. I sleep propped up at night and am comfortable that way. Sleep almost through the night. I still wake up a couple of times but I am not in pain when I do. I think its been so long since I was able to sleep through the night I have to relearn how to do it.
Quinn my cat is doing his best to get under my feet. I have to be ultra careful he isn't in the way when I move about.
Barbara
 
[Bonesmart.org] Hokey cokey OK
What a great update, Elosarabrab!! So happy for you that things are much better this second time around. Love cats---but they can be a hazard---so be very, very careful---YOU DO NOT WANT TO FALL!!!! Had a bad one myself the first of last month--hip and knees good---but the rest of me is still recooping.

Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] Hokey cokey OK
 
Elosarabrab How's everything going today? Was your sister able to come by and help you out for a while? My husband went back to work yesterday due to work increase so I'm suddenly on my own. I think I should be okay. I can open a can of soup and put together a sandwich for lunch. I am actually doing good getting around with just my cane, I'm a little weak to go without that yet. I have been able to cut way down on pain med's and I'm doing okay. I do start to get achy towards the end of the day if I'm up and moving around a lot. Continue to take it nice and slow.
 
sandybeach, a couple of my friends came to visit today, It was nice to have a natter and a catch up. They brought cake and made the coffee so I didn't have to do anything.
bottomshollow So far I am avoiding my cat and being ultra careful to check where he is before I move.
My sister came over Monday and Tuesday to keep me company. She loaded the washer and vacuumed for me
and did lunch.
Ed took over when he finished work so I'm still making the most of being looked after.
 
Ha cats really get under your feet don't they, I have to watch when I come down the stairs as mine have a habit dashing past!! I'm glad you had friends over especially if they are friends that help you!! :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom