THR Hokey cokey OK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elosarabrab Oh nooooo a prune shortage whatever will we do, I'd better stock up in case I can't get them for my next hip!!! :rotfl: That's brilliant news about your foot and the fact it's all good now :ok:
All our pets follow me around, especially Henry but them I'm the one that feeds them!!! :puppysmooze: :kittykiss:
 
Maybe that's why the German economy is outperforming the rest of Europe. Its workforce is well-regulated --internally and externally.

Congrats on your recovery. Isn't it lovely not having a turned-in foot after all these years? I've discovered that to compensate for that I was throwing my good foot out! Now I have to remember to correct that on top of everything else!
 
I had lunch out today at our local pub. First trip out since I got home from hospital. It was a lovely sunny afternoon so I got a bit of fresh air. I feel good. It will be two weeks post op tomorrow.
I don't have much swelling and the stiffness is easing too. I am still on elbow crutches but managing quite well.
I do have nana naps occasionally. Sleeping well at night I do wake up a couple of times but get back to sleep fairly quickly. This morning was funny, Ed brought me a coffee in bed. I took my pills and I must have nodded off again cos next thing I am waking up with a cold coffee in my hand. Luckily it didn't spill :doh:
 
How lovely to get out for a pub lunch, I'm guessing your weather has been good up there today too?? Sounds like you are doing really well for only 2 weeks and great news that the stiffness and swelling is easing. :thumb: That is a funny coffee story and like you say, it's a very good job you didn't spill it!! :heehee:
 
Elosarabrab, that is SO funny about your waking up with a cold coffee! But I know the feeling. In the mornings I wake up, look at the clock and think, "I'll get up in a minute...", and even sometimes I'll chat with my husband. Then I'll look at the clock again and an hour has passed! I guess our bodies will demand sleep when they need it, eh?:heehee:
I envy you on the pub lunch! I have not yet been out in the car or to one of the eateries right up the street. Hmmm... sounds as though that might be fun. How comfortable did you find the pub seating?
 
Elosarabrab Hi there Barbara great that you enjoyed the lovely weather we had up here today and a Sunday lunch at the pub. You are doing great. I remember doing that with a cup of tea in my early days Its amazing that it didn't go all over the bed !
 
Songlady, I know the seating at my local pub and they have seats that meet my restrictions. I do have a foam cushion to take if I go somewhere that might not have the right height seat though.
One niggle is the disabled toilet. I had to wait cos someone was using it yesterday. When they came out it was a teenage girl who certainly did not need disabled facilities. That so annoys me that people don't consider others :hissy: .Just next door to disabled toilet there is a ladies room with 6 cubicles. If looks could kill she would have been stone dead. Rant over.
 
Hi Barbara, great to hear you have had a little trip out to the pub, gotta make the most of this nice weather we are having....Kim informs me it is all changing on Wednesday...no surprises really, we are used to dribs and drabs by now eh but how annoying.

Also annoying about the disabled toilet, some people just have no respect for others.

You are coming on a treat :)

Take care

Ann
 
Elosarabrab, I just love your description of you glaring at the teenaged girl! I would be tempted to point my cane at her and give her "what for!" :iagree:
Good point, though; I should plan for a first outing to some place that I know well and know would have adequate seating. Thanks for the pointer!
 
That was a good story about the loo.. I'm a lot meaner than the others here, you should've tripped her up with your crutch! Isn't it good to be getting out and about again? And so soon.. good for you. Today was six months for me, I had to throw away my disability parking pass. I haven't used it for a couple of months but I loved having it there when necessary. It makes me feel quite 'cured.'
 
I had my staples out today. Stung a bit but the nurse said it all looks fine and healing well.
I can get round the house without aids now. Its only a small house so I am close to a wall to lean on if I need it. My kitchen is small and I can put my hands out and rest them on the bench either side.
I stood in the shower and realised I wasn't holding on to the grab rail. I didn't feel wobbly at all.:tada:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Hokey cokey OK
Milestones ARE a really BIG deal!!! They keep us sane on this journey and help us see how much we're really progressing. Give yourself a big pat on the back---you worked for it.
[Bonesmart.org] Hokey cokey OK
 
Elosarabrab. Glad to read that you had such a good check up, and that your staples will be out soon. I have no kitties to play with, but the birds in my garden are singing like mad today. We are waiting for the 17 years cicadas to pop out of the ground, and maybe the birds are, too.
 
Elosarabrab what fantastic milestones!!!! You are doing so well, I want to be like you in a month :)
LeeApril26 you're gonna get the cicadas? i'm missing them for the second tiime i a row. We had some in Richmond many (very many)years ago, but the last two broods to hatch have missed us wherever we lived! That one year was deafening, I'm glad not to have to repeat it just now.
 
I had a good day today. The sun was shining and I sat reading in the garden. A bit of an adventure getting my chair out of the back door but we managed. After an hour I came in for a nap and woke up two hours later. I am ready for a sleep again now.:zzz:
I saw cicadas on a wildlife programme on TV they were very loud.I don't think I would be able to cope with them in huge numbers either. People where brushing big piles of dead ones off their porches and driveways yuck.
 
I feel tired today. I didn't sleep much despite being tired. The sun we had yesterday has vanished. Grey and miserable today. Time for a nap I think.:yawn:
 
What difference a day makes Elosarabrab our weather too has taken a real nose dive today!!
I saw something on TV last night about an invasion of cicadas this year in certain areas, is that by you LeeApril26? :eeeuw:
 
Elosarabrab zauberflöte Littlejem. Yes, the North Eastern US is due for cicadas. They expect them to start popping out of the ground very soon. I am not looking forward to them. As I recall the were pretty disgusting last time they were here. Just a little too much nature for this city girl.
 
Elosarabrab Hi Barbara Not a good day for weather today and more rain forecast.Oh just as I spoke or typed the sun showed itself I hope you get a good nights sleep tonight as I find it makes all the difference to how I feel the next day When I was on the strong pain killers I slept really well almost every night but now I seem to have a good sleep only on alternate nights for some reason.I do light being able to lie on my operated side mind you but most of the night I am still on my back.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom