Guest viewing is limited

THR Hokey cokey OK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Access to work thing ! What a great scheme. I didnt know it existed !
Yes they don't advertise it. A friend told me about it. They would rather help keep someone in their job than have to pay benefits. Before my op I couldn't handle public transport not even the walk to the bus stop. They helped pay the taxi fare which made me able to do my job for a bit longer.
My manager seems to be very reasonable.She asked if I needed anything else and I said I couldn't think of anything. She said I was very easy not making big demands.
 
Littlejem Yes they seem to be setting things in motion for an easy return to work. When they asked if I was looking forward to going back to work I said I had mixed feelings about it cos to be honest I have enjoyed the time off. They both laughed and said at least you are honest they admitted they would be the same.
 
Elosarabrab As long as they think this at work - As for the big bum ! Mines a bit lobsided at the moment !

[Bonesmart.org] Hokey cokey OK
 
One strange thing - Josephine said it's quite common after surgery - is that all the hairs on my legs disappeared!
Everybody, I am more than pleased to be tagged when somebody really needs me for something. But please, please, PLEASE don't make my name a tag just because you're mentioning my name in the course of conversation!

I have something like 20 tags every single day which takes me a considerable amount of time to look at and reply to (when the need arises). It's very frustrating when I get to the post only to find I've just been mentioned in passing! Thank you.
 
Elosarabrab - I am finally catching up with your past few days! It sounds as though the management is pretty reasonable and that you have a good plan for the return to work. And I love that they will help with the cost of a taxi!
I hope you enjoy your next month! And what a relief that you didn't need to try to develop your acting skills to get the boss to be reasonable! Good stuff, all around!:ok:
 
Elosarabrab you were out of commission for a long time so of course you are going to be out of shape. I sympathize with you completely, I'm where you're at. I need to lose 30 pounds or a few more would be good too. I keep telling myself I need to get out and do some walking, I have never been an exerciser. I just like to stay active doing things, not formal exercise. I am able to do more and more and that is helping me to feel better and I am getting more energy. Like you I was laid up on my couch for several months with the leg pain and then waiting for surgery. I waited way too long to have surgery but I didn't know why or where all my leg pain was coming from. We are in the group of having gone through this needing both hips to be done so we have double the healing too so don't get too hard on yourself. I do what I can. I do stretches at night, I should probably do them in the morning too. I try and get up and move around every hour and do what I can even if it hurts.
 
Littlejem, Hi I am doing well. I am now doing 30 minutes at a time on the exercise bike. I have ditched the pillow between my legs in bed now. Feels a bit strange after so long but OK. I can turn over in bed without having to grab the headboard to haul myself over. :happydance:
I have organised a taxi for the first 6 weeks at work. I think the commute would be too much at first. So I am saving my energy as much as I can so I can concentrate on my job.
I am back on my diet I have so much weight to shift. That will be good for my hips and my overall health.
Ed is joining me on the diet as he has put on weight too. That will make life easier we can keep each other out of the way of temptation.
 
Elosarabrab sounds like you've got everything organized-- all you'll have to do is show up dressed for work! Best of luck with the diet-- glad hubby is going along with you, there will be no-one to buy the chocolate ice cream in the first place:heehee:
 
Number 3 I think. She looks the meanest and the type to shove another few pounds on unsuspecting hippies when they're not looking. Blubber fairy has stuck another 2lb on my hips - or was it the chocalate cake I made and ate half of :skep: Oh how I wish I looked like my avatar. :rotfl:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom