Guest viewing is limited

THR Hokey cokey OK

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went on the bus by myself today to visit the dentist. Only a short journey to ease myself in. I managed fine.:egypdance: I had my stick with me but didn't need it. Added bonus dentist did not stick a condemned sticker on me. I was convinced they would cos I haven't been able to go due to mobility and pain. Just got a hygienist appt to have a clean up.
 
Hey Elosarabrab I never got a notification you'd tagged me, I do think they sometimes get lost or maybe your 'blubber fairy' has been eating them!! I assume you get your taxis on the scheme you were telling us about, it's so good that you got to use it and what a great help not to have to struggle to get there on public transport, like you said, saving all your energy for work. Glad the dentist trip was uneventful, easy bus trip and no major work, well done you!! I walked up the road this morning, we needed a loaf and Steve had said he'd go but I thought no, you can do it Janet, so I walked to the shop slowly with just one stick. It was fine and felt really good to be out and about on my own. It's only a 10 min walk each way probably only 5 mins when I'm walking better but it felt like a real achievement!! :) Hey I hear we are having a heatwave next week, predicted 30+ degree temps, I'll believe it when I see it though!!
 
Littlejem I have been having problems not getting notified when tagged.
You did really well going to the shop it is a big milestone :yay:.
The Access to work is really good all I pay is what I would have paid for a weekly bus pass, They pay the rest of the taxi bill. I save the receipts for each journey and at the end of the month get a form signed by my boss to confirm I worked on the days I claimed for. The money goes into my bank a few days later. It is a big help as the costs would have been too much if I had to fund it all myself.
As you say it remains to be seen if the good weather arrives as forecast :skep:
 
Elosarabrab Snap. I went to the dentist on the bus today as well. I was going to drive, but I didnt think my thigh was up to the roadworks and roundabouts on the way there. Alas no pelvic thrusters again. Just 2 rather large old ladies glaring at me because Id obviously sat in 'their' seat and they had to squash in one with less leg room.
 
Elosarabrab Oh no. I forgot the mad woman stare ! :snork: Yes, managed ok. Had a walk around the shops as well . Its the first time Ive been shopping on my own for ages. My hip was fine, but my knee was hurting. I ended up limping with that and not my hip. Im going to give it another couple of months, and if it doesnt settle down, I want something done.
 
TeeEm It was good you managed to get round the shops that's another milestone :yay: Sorry to hear the knee is giving you trouble. Have you tried the Elmore oil on it?
My own knee issues seem to have settled. I do get low back ache after I have walked or stood for a while. I got my Elmore oil this morning and have just put some on to see how I go. My hips don't give me pain. I am still having problems with ROM but mostly my right leg which was the worst affected.
 
Hope the oil helps Elosarabrab.. Do tag me and let me know.. Where are you going to use it, on your back?
 
Poppet I put some on my lower back and I will let you know if it helps. Is there a thread for just Elmore oil to keep the results in one place, or is it just a case of tagging you?
 
Elosarabrab I am curious to hear how you like the oil. I ordered a free sample. I have not been sleeping well (on my back) and last night I realized back pain was the cause. Adjusted the pillow under my back and it helped. Curious to try the oil.
 
I forget about the social room as well. Im still waiting for my elmore sample . I hope it comes soon. I'm dying to try it. In the meantime, Im using blue ease from Holland and barrett. Its very good on soft tissue, but doesnt do much for joints though, and Im back to taking a bucket full of supplements. I dont want to go down the 'carting round a chemist shop ' route again.
 
Elosarabrab I am having the same problems you are with my right hip ROM. My right hip was also my worse side. It's getting better little by little. They have both come a long ways from surgery. Before surgery my legs hardly bent at all. My right hip was very tight that the surgeon said it was hard for him to put in the new hip.
 
sandybeach pre surgery I could hardly move. Just going up onto the kerb was almost impossible. I remember at my worst point I had to wait for a passer by to help me :sad:
ROM is improving gradually. I find the more I attempt a movement the easier it gets so I will keep working on it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom