Guest viewing is limited

THR Hokey cokey OK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elosarabrab I stretch my legs as much as I can until I get the point of pain then I back off right away. I am not doing any special exercises right now except the stretches and trying to get my legs to move better. I do stay active. I'm working full time now and I do as much gardening as I can and all the housework which means going up and down stairs. As long as I'm seeing improvement I feel that I'm gaining. I try to always do things that I couldn't a few weeks ago, like get down on my knees once I do that and get back up then I try a different way of getting up that's more normal and continue to try to do that until I can. Haven't achieved the getting back up normal yet.
 
Kim22 zauberflöte Peaches LeeApril26 Songlady TeeEm sandybeach Littlejem ByGosh sqwerlie Red Shoe Maeve anyone else I missed I meant you too,
I went for a walk with Ed yesterday it was a lovely sunny day. We took a bus for a short ride. Then did some more walking. I took my stick/cane but it was folded up in my bag. We somehow ended up in a pub (I don't know how that happened) :skep: I didn't think I had walked very far but my back complained. Once I got home the aches started. I am stiff today so I will rest up and not do too much. I did use the Elmore oil sample but no improvement yet.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Hokey cokey OK
We do tend to forget that wherever we wander, we have just as far to go to get back to the starting point. We need to remember that it's going to be a round trip and stop and start back while we're still feeling we could go on for miles.

Sounds like you had a very nice time---and I'm sure that pub just jumped up and pulled you right in before you knew it :cheers: ! Sometimes a fun break from recovering is worth a few extra aches and pains.
 
Kim22 zauberflöte Peaches LeeApril26 Songlady TeeEm sandybeach Littlejem ByGosh sqwerlie Red Shoe Maeve anyone else I missed I meant you too,
12 week post op today.
Walking without aids most of the time
I can tie shoelaces and cut toenails
Going up and down stairs properly
No medication at all
Sleeping through the night on either side
I can turn over in bed without having to grab the head board to heave myself over
ROM is improving the right hip still needs work
I am happy with progress so far.
My feet and ankles swell up by the end of the day but its a good excuse to put my feet up.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Hokey cokey OK
Elosarabrab, what a great 12 week report. Things are really falling into place and you are doing soooooooo well. Keep up the good work and enjoy that new hip.

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
 
Elosarabrab Yeyyyy. You are doing brilliantly. I can go down stairs normally, but still cant get up them all of the time and I cant lie on my op side for long - unless it is really cushioned.
My milestone - I can do the zips up on the back of my gladiator sandals :rotfl:
I'm glad Im not the only one who's ankle gets a bit puffy by the end of the day. Behind my knee still feels a bit 'tight' at times as well. I have read somewhere though that residual swelling can last up to 6 months
 
Elosarabrab. Congratulations on a great 12 week report! Sounds like you are making lots of progress. Going down stairs is sometimes tough for me-glad you can do it.

TeeEm Congratulations on the back zips!
 
I didn't get your tag through, I'm so sorry to only just see your 12 week report !!!
How wonderful to not have to take any medication at all, wow I really look forward to that day!! Being able to do stuff with your feet too is brilliant news I bet you are so pleased? I'm glad to hear your ROM is getting better even if it is slow, you were really bad pre op weren't you, so the improvement must make such a difference to your life?
I can't believe you ended up in a pub the other day on your walk, you wouldn't catch me doing that.....................mmm well maybe you would!!! :heehee: Take care and keep doing what your doing, it's obviously working!!! :)
 
Kim22 I start back to work Monday 22 july. Doing 10 till 2 for 2 weeks and see how I am after that.
Littlejem I haven't been getting email alerts either. Something wrong with the system maybe?
Yes I had a lot of damage on the right hip so it is going to take time to get ROM back.As I said I am happy with progress so far. I only have to look where I was this time last year to realise the way my life has been dramatically changed for the better.
 
I only have to look where I was this time last year to realise the way my life has been dramatically changed for the better.​
Elosarabrab, Oh boy isn't that the truth!
Very envious of you being able to sleep on your operated side. I went back to work on May 28...I am now back into my old routine...feels good...but I used to stay at work late every nite...I don't have that in me at this time...and many nites after I get home, I am tired...but that's ok with me. Here's to next week :cheers2: . Take care.
 
Elosarabrab I turned off email alerts, but i don't think I got the on-screen alert that you'd tagged me. Ah well, I got here :) That's a great 12 week report! I especially like that you can sleep on either side. I'm waiting to be able to fall asleep on the op side-- there is a deep ache, which my PA said was bursitis, and normal. I'm so happy for you in all these milestones-- I didn't know you a year ago, but life must seem so sweet now compared to last year. Going back to work next Monday, will feel so "normal", I hope!

Pubs must have a way of reaching out and grabbing customers, eh?:heehee: Just so long as you walk off that half of whatever you had teehee.

My milestone - I can do the zips up on the back of my gladiator sandals :rotfl:
:rotfl: great milestone!
 
Red Shoe I checked today and have 28 days to take. I am easing myself back in trying not to overdo things. I have got help with taxi expenses too so I don't tire myself out on public transport before I even get to work.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom