Guest viewing is limited

Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

Here is my pre staple removal scar, I was very impressed!!!

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Incision day 1.. about 4 inches long,look at the bruising and swelling!! Also have skin glue, 2 stitches inside and 2 stitches on the outside.

Husband said it reminded him of a smile, which then reminded me of the Joker from the latest Batman movie (Heath Ledger played the Joker) so we have a joke that I should get the Jokers face tattooed there.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@andsoitgoes:

This reminds me of an e-mail of X-rays that I sent to a friend, one from May, and another from June showing the progression of the AVN. The October X-ray shows a zipper from my work pants, when my friend Dave saw the set he asked "Is that a zipper on your body?"

Without missing a beat I replied,
"Yes, while you were in Portugal on vacation, I had the zipper installed so that the Dr can unzip the area, fix the hip and zip it up, in 2 weeks after that they remove the zipper"

It was a good laugh on my part, Dave on the other hand who likes to appear well read didn't find much humor in my comment.

Best of luck on your recovery

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You may notice a lot lighter hair in a rectangle around the scar. That was not fun, I think it hurt more than the operation when the nurse ripped the bandage off. My Wife said I was being a wuss.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
This is my surgical incision at 7 days! I apologize, but I couldn't get the tape marks off of the skin.


I started having difficulty at day 3 with the Tegderm. It was causing the skin to blister and break down.

Today is the 2nd day with no dressing on the wound. BTW, Feeling excellent, the pain is almost at a constant 1-2 on the 0-10 scale!

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got to it. Here is my badge: 14 weeks old yesterday. About 7" L, 28 staples if I remember correctly. Skin needs its color back but otherwise, I'm pretty happy with it.
Gifty


[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
5 weeks RTHR:yahoo:
You can still see some of the leftover allergic rash. Also very dry:sigh:

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
OK this is mine ten weeks post op. I put my hand next to it for size comparison. I think theOS did a great job. The scar is only 4.5 inches long. It was antero lateral approach.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
This was taken 23 days post op - not too bad I reckon ( the scar not the bum ) :blush:

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a photo of my scar - taken while still in the hospital - 5 days after surgery (LTHR on April 19/12). The staples are now out and it's just a red line on my hip.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is nothing on your guys, but I thought I'd share my two tiny incisions from my hip arthroscopy. I cannot believe the surgery I've had was done with just these little incisions.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my hippie scar about 3 days post op and a photo of my shiny new hip! ... it is much prettier now almost 3 weeks post op :hapydancsmil:I asked my surgeon for a pretty scar lol! I think he did pretty good and told him so ... I got a grin out of him.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My scar at 6 weeks. Healing nicely. 13" 27 staples.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom