Guest viewing is limited

Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

Staples out today! Two weeks post-op. Here is my "masterpiece!" :blush:

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE




And, Shaun, my lovely Home Health Nurse right after she took out my staples.:yahoo:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
    hip 002.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 1,137
Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my anterior hip replacement scar 7 months out. It is 5 inches, could have been smaller if I would have lost the 70 pounds that I have lost since before the surgery.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm three weeks post op and had my staples removed last week! That was the first time I saw my scar and I must admit I became emotional! It really set in that I had a HIP REPLACEMENT! But everyday that I awake and I'm not in pain I'm grateful for making the decision to go ahead with my surgery! Now I see my scar as a reminder of how brave and strong I really am! :egypdance:

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
This is my sexy scar at 10 days post op. personally I think my surgeon has done a nice neat job of it. The scar measures 7" in length and has been closed using only dissolvable stitches so no ugly staple marks.
[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Mine at 5 days. Bigger than expected but I was told that I was quite awkward to work on, looks very neat though.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
here is my scar 14 days after operation. 2/3 rds across the scar you can see my old scar going down across my bum cheek from 15 months ago when i had my original accident (was hit by hit and run driver while cycling to work and smashed my hip) but as my 1st op wasn't successful a hip replacement was the only option.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
The clips are finally out. Not before time as they were beginning to annoy me, almost as if I could feel them pulling, feels much better now! You can also see one of the scars from my original arthroscopy, at the top of the photo. They are not normally visible but have become so due to swelling.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
15 days post -op, looking good I think considering its the 2nd time I've been opened up in 5 months

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
These are my 2 incision pictures I hope they aren't as small as they look right now. The small incision is where they had to put pins and the large of course is for the replacement!

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE


[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My operation was on Sept 24 2012. This pic was taken 9 days post op on Oct 3rd 2012. The incision length is 5 inches or 12.7 cm

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Here's mine 15 weeks out. You can also see the 34 year-old-scar from when I had my hip pinned.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Here is my 8 inch incision 8 days post-op. Its a subcuticular stitch and it itches the heck out of me so i suppose its healing well :yay:

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my hip arthroscope incision from 7/28/11. In just over 2 months I will be posting my replacement pics! :yahoo: I am SOOOOOO ready! Still nervous, but definitely ready! :) :yay:
[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
here are mine day 8 post op
Left THR is the worst one ..... and Right THR

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my scar 10 days after surgery. The OS used glue on the 4½" incision.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
3 weeks post surgery all of the small bandage strips came out and here is my final incision which I am very pleased with. You can also see the 3 small incisions where they had to put pins in up above near my abdomen.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my scar at 4 weeks. All closed up and feeling good...

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom