Guest viewing is limited

Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

Never moon a werewolf...
[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

This is from my left BHR in 2010 that was revised October 4th 2011. I'll post an image of the revision as soon as I can talk my wife into taking a photo.


Right Birmingham Hip Resurfacing, May 2007
Left Birmingham Hip Resurfacing, May 2010
Left THR (revision, Oxinium/UHMWPE), October 2011


Gene in Tucson, AZ
 
Take two
[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

This is the revision done October 4, 2011 of my BHR that was done May 4, 2011 (failed due to AVN). I'm on my back rolled slightly to my right and my feet are to the lower left (the camera was tilted slightly). The photo is 13 days post-op.
 
The OS took the dressing off today. He just ripped it off like tape. It hurt but felt good too. I think it looks much better now. This is 13 days after surgery.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
THR - three weeks post - op. I never had more bruising than what you see in this pic. My doc is amazing!!

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh to be technically minded, lets hope I have finally cracked how to post a photo here ! If it works this is 14 days post op, clips out day 10. I still have a right collection of bruises :th_heehee:

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
18 hours after surgery
Have a fair amount of bruising - more to come they tell me.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone! New to the site...

I had a Birmingham Hip Resurfacing around a little over a year ago. I am THRILLED with the results! I am doing stuff I thought I'd never be able to do again. I was encouraged by the photos of your scars (badges of honor!)...so here we go!

First pic is about two days after surgery...I just took the bandages off (hence the strange looking skin!)

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the same scar at the one year point! Faded quite a bit...actually, I feel so good I could care less how it looks. :thumb:

Wish I had the procedure years ago!

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to try and post my x-ray showing both hips. I had to reduce the size so we'll see how it goes.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to the computerized, artistic hand of Josephine I can now post my BHR X-ray without the gender related details showing! :th_heehee:

Thanks Josephine!

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Yuk. It ain't pretty!

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping I did this right - first picture is my left hip and the second one - with my cousin's hand placed for length gauge - is my right hip. Both pictures taken just after bandages came off yesterday. The "under" bandage, we were told by advice nurse, are just big Steristrips and should be left to fall off on their own. The black spots on the first one are old blood that oozed out immediately after surgery.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my surgical wound 7 days post op. We removed the original bandage and were told the silver and black stuff noted is what was included in the bandage to prevent infection. Looks pretty ugly doesn't it?

Hope to get the stitches out tomorrow - day 10 post op.

I'll up date it as healing progresses.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Back
Top Bottom