Guest viewing is limited

Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

Funny now that Ive taken a photo had a good look at it compared it to a pair of tweezers, It's no way near as bad as I thought.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
This is my left hand side at day 25 this one is a bit more problamatic. The scar is lumpy and its opened up slightly at the bottom so its back under wraps with some steristrips. No sign of infection or any other cause for concern its just taking a bit longer.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, here's my scar after 6 weeks. It's about 6" long. I'm usually a fast healer, but it's still scabbed and a bit red at the lower end. No pain or swelling, just a little annoying.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Here's mine at just shy of three weeks. It measures a little less than 4 inches.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My lovely little zipper 4 days after installation. 31 staples!

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My surgeon calls this type of incision the shark bite , Lol

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, here's day 27. No sign of the staples. Just a nice clean line of 5". I have some gnarly pictures from earlier, but they're pretty scary :yikes:

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
OK, here you go. I was keeping them for a personal journal, but you're right. It's good to see the progression... Day 3 was at home when we were changing the dressing; day 8 was the day the staples came out; and the scar on Day 27. Oh, and no remarks about the knicker lines, OK???!

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Hello hippies! Here's my badge on the morning of day 27. Almost 4 weeks old!

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Here's mine at 3 weeks, dissolvable stitches. Still a bit of swelling but never any bruising - took Arnica granules before surgery and still do, maybe this has helped healing?

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Linda RTHR 21/11/12
Week 3 post-op Proud of my Warrior Wound..healing wonderfully!

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
This was a redo over an ugly old scar. He tidied it up for me... 6 weeks ago

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my pic from the 4th time they have gone into my right hip. This is a few days after the last surgery on 7-03-12. The first one I had done in 2006. I got a staph infection 2 weeks later and had surgery again. The cup had become loose on the second one. After 10 months of being on crutches, I found another surgeon to correct the mess of having the screws sheared off and bone damaged. That was the 3rd in 2007. I never went without pain and it progressed until the 1st of 2012. I finally had a blood test for Cobalt and Chromium done. I had high Cobalt poisoning. Went back to the surgeon and had an MRI. The muscles were turned to jelly and the ones that were not, were torn from the femur. The femur has holes ate through it. Thanks to the manufacture for the metal on metal implant.

I was 49 when this all started.

Now I have a ceramic coated stem head and a new plastic lined cup in the pelvis.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my incision 3 days post op. I have since had my staples removed and almost all the bruising and swelling is gone! I have steri-strips on it now, once those fall off I will post a new pic :)

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a more current one.... 2 weeks post op after my staples were removed :yay: Looks even better now, the bruising and swelling is GONE! :yes!:

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine on Christmas eve after slipping on ice while on my bike the day before. The staples came out about 2 weeks ago, but here's a shot about a week after the surgury. 8' long incision.

Four months ago I broke a 300-mile state cycling record across Wisconsin. Today, I broke a personal best walking 1 mile with my cane. Ye-haw! :dancy: :yahoo:

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Day #4

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE


2 weeks

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Left side: Longer scar, more bruising ............... Right side: Expert craftsmanship

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
................
[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE




As I mentioned in one of my posts, the surgeon did the left first and apparently got all the practice he needed for a stellar job on the right. :) I arrived for surgery at 5:30 AM, so I guess his coffee hadn't kicked in until he got to the right hip.

Seriously, my left hip had the greater osteoarthritis, was totally bone-on-bone, plus the muscles in the left leg had experienced some atrophy because of issues with my back over the years. The left leg, in general, was much less flexible than the right. So I speculate that there were more surgical challenges with the left than the right.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, here we go! My badge! :egypdance: I didn't get staples or tape!? I got some glue type cement stuff and personally, it's cool, but it's getting crunchy! :sos: I can't wait to see the doc to get it off. But all in all, it's going well.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Left hip was replaced Tuesday, Picture taken yesterday.

[Bonesmart.org] Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom