Guest viewing is limited

Hip surgery in my future

i will feed my cats on the coffee table.
I will do what I have been doing for along time-figure out work arounds because I highly value my independence.I have never allowed my disability to keep me doing what I really need to do.Life goes on.The difference will be that in certain instances(like taking out the rubbish/trash) I will not be able to do it.sigh.I'll do what I can do safely though.
 
Good Morning,
Wondering...if you have a neighbor checking on you daily in those early days,
would they be able to bring your trash out for you?

I hope you have a nice weekend and are able to do something you enjoy to keep your mind off it all
as much as possible.

Wishes for your comfort.
@allena
 
That's it girl! You get creative and get by. It's only temporary and likely a shorter time than you've been adapting due to your current condition. I love that you know that safety comes first, that means you won't be sitting in this position again anytime soon. Hugs!
 
@layla.Yes.She can do that.
I will watch A lot of agatha Christie movies,do some housework,etc.
 
Last edited:
@SwampHiker@I will miss being able to twist.:( also I am wondering how temporary it will be.What I will miss most is being able to drive.I'll have to deal with it though.
 
I will not being the twist.or doing my yoga.:(
I hope you have a good day too.
 
I actually feel your pain there. I had to stop doing yoga 4 months ago. I'm hoping to pick it up again in 3 to 4 months from now.
 
@allena,

I hope your day is going well, not long now for you, hang in there.

I am day 17 now and walked further than yesterday, no pain. My husband said my gait and speed had improved considerably from yesterday. I am able to do so much more and as you know i am saying all this to give you hope that it is not all grim post op! Each day you will have little improvements, perhaps the occasional little setback too, but, always moving forward towards recovery and independence.

Perhaps have lots of books/magazines/DVD's that don't take too much concentration scattered about. I did not get brain fog but i do seem to get tired and bored with things. So probably not a good time to plan on reading 'War and Peace' post op. Stick to Agatha.

x
 
@allena It's been a good day here. I'm getting around slowly with minimal pain, I think I'm moving better now than before surgery. Had my first home PT visit and it went very well. I look forward to continuing working with her. Also had a visit with the occupational therapist too. She had some good personal suggestions for me after looking at the layout of my home and hearing the tasks I was having concerns about. I have gone down my stairs (15 of them) 4 times and up 3 times already today. Got a shower, took a couple naps and sat outside and got some fresh air. I feel so accomplished, I actually put on long pants pretty easily today! I may do a little laundry tonight or not...lol

A dear patient of mine sent me some beautiful tulips today (although I did have to put them outside so my kitties don't eat them, but I can see them from my living room)

I hope your weekend is full of sunshine and rainbows, that's how I'm envisioning mine!
 
I'm glad it was good. I'm not expecting that.id settle for ok.my hip is killing me.i miss my pain cream.this sucks.
I hope you're weekend will be as good as you hope it will be.
 
thank goodness I can get some relief from exercise and mediation.I feel better for awhile.
 
Just a few more days of this and then you will be making the transition to the healing process. You've got this! Hang in there.
 
Back
Top Bottom