Guest viewing is limited

Hip surgery in my future

Yea..take a hike Agnes!

Hey friend. I know you are trying your best not to be downhearted which is indeed hard to do when you are dealing with pain and anxious over the unknowns of THR.
I certainly understand, and many of us can certainly sympathize.
Hugs...not much longer and bye bye hip pain!
 
Last edited:
no hip pain would be good,but I can't even imagine it.It's hurt for so long I can barely recall it not hurting.
 
I remember how that felt.
That's why I am so grateful for the surgery and feel like the rough days of recovery were evermore worth it.
 
I expect that there will be some difficulties. How could there not be?It is a major surgery.
 
@allena

Well take heart because your Agnes will be replaced by large periods of Miss Sunshine soon. Remember my Agnes has been around for longer than yours and she is one scary beast when she kicks off. Which until recently was a lot. I love, love, love the concept of Miss Sunshine because that encapsulates how i feel now most of the time since i had my surgery. Miss Sunshine has replaced that old misery Agnes. @SwampHiker you rock for this way to express the situation. Thank you.

Now lets not forget it was only 18 days ago that i had my surgery. So what can i do now after only 2 and a half weeks? I tell you what i have just done i have walked nearly a mile with no stick. I admit my husband was close behind in case i got in trouble. But, i feel i will be able to go out soon by myself. I am cooking and looking after my beloved cat. I am in no pain and each day i have more energy. This my dear will be your path too soon. Now i know everybody has different recoveries and rates of progress but the main thing is it will be a path of recovery. Look at SwampHiker, she is doing great. So great she wants you to know that and dare believe it can be you too.

Why not try and take the pressure off yourself for the next few days? I suggest trying to accept that this is an intense period and no way thru it except down the middle. My therapist gave me some really good advice just before the op, he said "Sometimes a situation cannot be changed (waiting for the op) just try and accept it is a challenging time and don't put pressure on yourself not to feel anxious". I thought that this advice was so useful, because what he meant was OK i felt anxious regarding the op, who wouldn't? But don't add another layer of guilt of feeling anxious about being anxious. Now this may or may not resonate with you, he knows me so obviously it fits me.

So yes, maybe Agnes is not budging today, just sit with her and keep busy and put no pressure on you or her.

However, after Monday, Agnes's days are numbered and Miss Sunshine is going to be calling the shots!

Less than 2 days now, thinking of you.

xxxxxxxx
 
I'm sure you are right(except for not needing a cane-I will be surprised if that ever happens short of getting my knee replaced.).I have got 3 small cuts in the last few days!I am willing to bet the surgery will be cancelled.The nurse said NO cuts.:( It will be a miracle if this happens.
Yes,you had cuts and got the surgery done,but you got lucky.I might not be so lucky.
Still I'll do all I am supposed to do and hope for the best.I have to try-even if it may not work out.
I am going to watch movies,do some housework and in general distract myself.I am good at keeping myself occupied.
I am not upset at myself for being anxious.It's normal.I accept that.
I am fairly sure I'll be better off eventuly-maybe even soon,but I am willing to bet my next check it will be worse before it's better.That's true for many things.It just makes sense.
 
You might be pleasantly surprised. I know I was. Maybe that knee might even feel a little better once it doesn't need to overcompensate for that ornery hip. We never know what lies ahead on this path we call life, but I choose to believe that there is always something good ahead. It makes the crappy stuff easier to accept. Believe me, I know darkness despair and angst. I refuse to allow it to dictate my future. I wish you a day of less stressful thoughts and hope you get to watch a couple of really good movies!

@Ginny12 Thank you. Nearly a mile today, that is magnificent progress! Sounds like you are marching right along there! I walked to the mailbox this morning, it was an exciting adventure! I think the really cool thing is since I'm moving slow I get to stop and smell the roses and really enjoy the scenery. I also discovered flowers in my front yard that I never noticed before. I'll have to do a little research and see what they are. I hope your day continues to be fabulous.
 
I hope so .that would be nice.
Oreo wanted to jump on my lap .I had my arm in the way and i didn't move fast enough.I got big scratch on my left arm (2 inches long)that bled for at least 3 minutes.I am so screwed!There's no way this will happen.Thus will all be for nothing.
 
Last edited:
by the way I wouldn't mind a cane.It would be fine with me.I would still be walking.
 
@allena

It will be fine, i had many more injuries than that. Ignore what the nurse said (she meant well but she is not the OS). My OS said (and he is on of the top OS's in the UK) that as long as it is not near the incision it will be fine. Plus a wound starts to heal within hours!

This is Agnes trying to protect you, but, no need. The big day is tomorrow and all this tension will be behind you.

All your friends here are routing for you big time. Do what you are already doing to keep busy. Eat as healthily as you can and make sure enough fluids too.

Catch up later. You are not alone with this!!!!!!!

xxx
 
I don't like that nurse.She sucks.
I hope so.It isn't close to the right hip.that's true.i always clean and treat my wounds-which is just good sense I think.
Those two things aren't a problem.It's very easy ro drink alot of water-I have a very dry mouth.soregreens syndrome is such fun(not).
 
I have a friend with lupus who also suffered from the dry eyes and mouth syndrome.
She tries to avoid eating hot foods as that seems to irritate it.
She lets her food get room temperature and eats mostly soft foods.
Hoping all is well with you this Sunday!:friends:
 
Last edited:
I'm doing ok.I'm going to get some last minute stuff done today and watch some movies.
I wish I didn't have to do this.It would be nice if my hip was like it was before it decided it would be fun to come out of it's socket.It ususally never hurt more than a level 6.I could do more things.It was like heaven compared to this.I could go to church and be in the choir.i would never have even considered getting this done if this had not happened.:(Life sucks sometimes.
I shouldn't be fussing.it's no ones fault-except for my sorry excuse for a body.oh well.
I will be better off eventuly.
 
Wish me luck.if the surgery happens I hope it all goes well and I will have no bad things will happen later on.if it doesn't I guess I don't have to worry
 
@allena

My dear Friend,

I will wish you luck, but i don't believe that you will need it. It will go well and very soon you will be on the other side. The side of getting less pain and more movement. No, it will not sort all your life out, but it sure will make a massively positive impact.

You are so close now and i hope you can get a bit of rest tonight.

I am very proud of you, i know we have never met but your courage is so inspiring. You have so got this!

Sending you love across the miles. x
 
I dont feel very brave.if all goes well I will be better off eventuly. I am not completely certain it will all be ok.
 
Back
Top Bottom