Guest viewing is limited

Hip surgery in my future

Wow ! Colors are Amazing!
Hope you have a good good day!
Off to start the day...will be picking up donations in the rain!:oyvey:
 
Yep.id settle for ok.it will be a busy one.i hope you have a good day too.
 
Beautiful pic! I miss those views, but I certainly don't miss the snow or ice :)
 
Wow, allena. That is so beautiful! Prettier than yesterday's photo.

I hope you have a great session today with your counselor.

Try not to worry about the cat scratches. I don't have any cats but I feel we've heard from enough member's with cats that a few scratches won't postpone your surgery.

As far as worrying about the pre-cautions, you won't be obsessive about it post op because you'll be moving slowly and carefully at first anyway. If you move slowly and something begins to hurt, you simply stop. It's easier than you're imagining, please believe that. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by many things you've been worrying about. Hang in there, you're almost on the healing side. We'll walk with you the entire way.
Hope your day is a good one!
@allena
 
My dearest @allena,

Sorry i have not posted sooner today i have been out to my PT. I have previously told you that i will not sugar-coat my recovery so today's post may sound a little bit more negative than my previous ones, but, i want to be honest so you do not think everything will be perfect. It is obvious really some days are bound to be better than others!

I can fully weight bare and when i say precautions i should have clarified that they related to that. I was told no other restrictions in that i can cross my legs etc. I have just been to the hospital PT and he said that precautions are seen as old school now. Even the 90% rule. I must admit i do find all the different advice a bit confusing, but, after reading numerous posts on this site where people have been pushed into things by their PT i am taking it very slowly. Today i was told that i can bend down to put my socks on, i am not sure if i am ready for that but i will stretch a bit more. I must admit i feel overwhelmed at how fast things are going, i feel that i am being pushed to do things before ready. For example my PT said today no sticks (as the OS did yesterday) but when i went to walk outside i was limping and i thought this can't be right, i am only 2 weeks surely having a stick is OK. So i am sticking with the stick outside for now. I am not saying any of this to discourage you just to emphasis don't let anybody make you do something your not ready for.

Don't worry about incontinence because the anaesthetic will paralysis the bladder. I was really worried about that too. I even took incontinence pads with me for security. But it was fine. Take bigger pants (knickers) than you normally wear as otherwise with all the dressings etc can be too tight. I put velcro on each side of my pants so i did not have to bend down to put them on. A nightie is easier than PJ's. I also took wet wipes, this meant i could clean my hands and wash myself easily as well. I keep them on my locker. Mouth wash was good to take i found. Also, blood pressure can be a bit slow post op so take it very carefully the next day.

I have a little backpack in the house so my hands are free from room to room. I cannot lie in that my husband has been doing most of the housework, (i know you will have restricted help) but at day 15 i can fend for myself. At this stage i could manage most things but would need help shopping and taking me to appointments.

I hope that your counselling session went well. I know that you said EFT did not work for you but have you heard of Brad Yates? If you Google Brad Yates and EFT hundreds of sessions will pop up. He does the tapping to many subjects, i am doing one for fear and anxiety daily. I ALWAYS feel better after doing one. The vast majority are under 10 minutes. All free.

I will check in later.

One day nearer. x
 
@layla.thanks.i hope so.i feel like I will be semi helpless and i hate that.
 
@funny 12.no worries. It can't all be wonderful.thats not how it works.my appointment isn't till 12:30,so its not for awhile.ill try again,but I don't expect much.i hope you have a good day.
 
@allena,

I do worry about you because i want you to have a pain free mobile future. You deserve that.

I have no regrets having this surgery and i am already better off than i was before. I should have said that i have been passed today to walk up and down the stairs normally. That is a great feeling and just one more step towards normality.

You will be amazed at how quickly time passes and you will have chance to read, guilt free! Do you like Agatha Christie?
 
I will never be pain free,but I could be in less pain.i have a bad knee and a bad shoulder.100 percent normal isn't possible, but I can be closer to it.
I'm glad.good.
That's good to know.
I never feel guilty for reading.I love her!
 
It went ok,but wasn't terribly helpful.he didn't suggest anything I didn't already know about.meh.
 
One more fall picture
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Hip surgery in my future
    IMG_20181107_140847_412.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 123
I'll be glad when this is over with and I'm better eventuly.my life has been entirely too stressful.i don't like it one bit.i hope one day my life will be normal again-no major unheaveals,no restrictions on what I can do and I can be fully independent.This year has sucked mostly.
 
@swamphiker.Yep,ice and snow do suck.If i could I'd spend the winter in southern florida or some other warm place.
 
It will get better, allena. I truly believe that. You'll still have any additional health issues your dealing with but THR should bring you some big relief. The familiar pain will be gone and temporarily replaced by the surgery pain, which may not even be that bad. Have you read any threads on the Recovery side? Lots of great recovery stories to read once you're over there. Hope you have a nice night.
@allena
 
@allena I was the last surgery of the day and still had to follow the no food or drink after midnight rule. I was so cooperative with everyone because I kept telling myself the less I resist, the faster this goes and the sooner I can eat....however the kitchen was closed by the time I was done. My nurse was a real angel and got me a cheeseburger from the staff cafeteria at 10pm. I swear it was the best thing I've ever eaten! You've got this! I have faith in you :friends:
 
Morning @ allena,

I have just got up so i will post more later.

I feel great. Only day 16 today and i can look after myself, cook, tidy up a bit and even play with my pets. I have no pain to speak of and much more mobile. I am saying none of this to show off but to illustrate this will be you soon. Especially with your fitness and what you have overcome in your life.

I am so sorry the counsellor not being able to help much. The thing is both you and i know growing up in the environments that we did that we already have tried loads of things to try and make sense of the world and ourselves. When you join me on the recovery side there are a few books i will suggest that you may not have read. There is so much research now that explains that if children grow up with parents who have drug/drink problems, it affects that child for the rest of their lives, resulting in the child having conditions such as anxiety. But the wonderful news is that with the right treatments this can be largely overcome. Look what you have already achieved. I am a Brit we don't normally say awesome, but i think you are.

But that is the near future we have to get you thru the next 4 days! Don't worry about things like food, the nurses do it all the time and what wonderful news you will be first. I was nearly last and it was still fine and i still got up the same day to walk to the toilet.

I think i have said this before but the run up to the surgery is much more stressful than the surgery and the recovery. I am getting bored now and i am told that that is a good sign. I mean if one can be bored can't be that ill eh!

We can be bored together soon! x
 
Back
Top Bottom