I had 36 staples removed. There was some discomfort that was over within minutes, nothing lingering. I did have to ask the nurse to pause a few times and let me gather mice-elfyou mentioned that you had staples. That’s what my surgeon used this time.... kinda dreading having them removed. Any advice?
. It's a spit in the ocean compared to the pain you've endured.Yeah, it's going pretty well. I'm really pleased with my stamina, strength conditioning and ROM progress, but still working on pain management. The pain does seem to be easing over time without drugs, where daytime is easier than night so I've backed off my daytime dosages and left my full nighttime dose - 2 tylenol and 1 meloxicam. My friend gave me some pain patches with a new technology for pain relief that totally worked in less than a minute and I placed an order so I'll have some on hand.@hawk2go - wow your recovery is so good for us 2nd timers to read, I wish you continued success
Milestone update --> I lost my cane in the market. The significance of the lost cane is that I was well into my walk home before I realized it. I added steps because I went back to the market to see if anyone turned it in. It seems, they may have needed the cane more than I do. I'm able to do most of what I want to do and have been moving inside and outside without the cane. So, I probably don't need it anymore but I do have a spare in case I have a long day. I am comfortable walking a mile with good form and can now train on my stay-bike, 15 to 20 mins at a time, I set the limit. I was able to do my morning yoga and a 15 mins bike session on the same day. I'm also learning to do the 2 min stretch on the stay-bike when The Knee gets a little stiff from sitting too long. I have not needed a daytime nap in weeks and have been sleeping through the night consistently. I made 3 dishes for Thanksgiving dinner - string beans with ham and onions, mac and cheese casserole and sweet potatoes with Jim Beam syrup (I added fresh apples and orange zest and they were much lighter and more flavorful than traditional candied sweets). Everything turned out great. I did the prep, cook and clean in one session with no complaints from The Knee the next day. I had a wonderful day and definitely took time to acknowledge the gratitude I have for a smooth recovery.
Hiya! I just took some time for family and friends. I hope all is well with you. eta: my name is also Susan and I have been tagged Susie-Q for much of my life, when I see your posts, I immediately smile.Hi friend...Hope all is well with you.
United States
Hope all is well with you.

Susan is such an unusual name these days. I never knew anyone in my age group with that name. I had no less than 4 friends named Lisa though! I guess we can thank Elvis for that. One of my really good friends is named Susan (I call her Sue) and she's 10 years older than me. Glad to know you're part of the tribe.
I'm trying to consciously stretch myself more when sitting in a chair.