TKR Hawkie's 2nd Knee

Good morning! @Eire 1, I thought about you this morning, and your toe. We had gotten up around 7, & as my husband got in the shower, I decided to come downstairs & feed Miss Felicity. Didn’t bother to put anything on my feet so was barefoot. I remembered your toe, & made it a point to be Very careful. I do hope your toe is doing better.
Today is a day I realize I have to be careful in general...... I feel better than I have in a Looong time! I feel like I could do about anything! ( except go down the stairs grownup style):-). So I need to be careful to not grab the top position in ODIC! Yesterday when I woke up, my hips & thighs Ached, really bad! This morning, not so. I’m thinking now that this was my reaction to the flu shot I got Monday at my ID dr. Pretty mild compared to my reactions in the past, I’ll take it. We’ll bundle up & walk today, I’ll do my exercises, and, hope to get a few of my outside pots & my two little ceramic figures into the shed. My husband will do any heavy work.
I’m so excited to have my PICC line out, and on oral antibiotics. We can sleep past 6 AM, and, there is a little more flexibility. Also, as my Dr said, food is beginning to taste right. I am even enjoying my coffee! Irritation on arm from the constant tape is much better. I truly feel I am turning a corner. I see some posts where folks have been through this, and far worse. So I’m trying to offer encouragement where I can, as I reflect on all the concern & encouragement I got when I felt so sick. It really helped....This fotum is invaluable!
Btw, Hawkie, on Christmas night, I was in the kitchen, talking to our son- in-law for a long time; was concerned my knee might give me trouble. Didn’t really, but I did get pretty tired. And, we both rested a lot on Sunday! And! I’m not even taking Tylenol these days.
 
@Catalien45 so glad you are seeing improvement!

Hawkie, I love your cookie exchange!! I would love to do something like that but it's been way too cold around here lately. Plus I've got a few grumpy neighbors along with the nice friendly ones. I do have a couple of neighbors I love, one lives right next door and the other 3 houses up on the corner. We get together with our doggies at the soccer field up the street and let them play. So great during this snow to get out of the house for a little bit and breath some fresh (if frigid!) air. Back to cookies, because we are not getting together on Saturday now I am stuck with those containers of cookies I made last week. I was hoping all the young people would eat them up. Please Lord, help me not to eat them all! I could freeze them but I have very little freezer room since I won't be thawing those 4 racks of ribs anytime soon. :unsure: Ugh.....
 
now I am stuck with those containers of cookies I made last week
You could still give them to neighbors, if you're so inclined, even the grumpy ones. As I am reminded every Sunday, be quick to be kind and hasten to love, even those we struggle to love. It makes me laugh every time but helps me give grace to those struggly folks during the week.

Early during the lock down, I wanted fresh veggies but didn't want to go to a small, poorly ventilated market. Instead I went to Restaurant Depot where you can only purchase cases of fruits and veggies. I also bought a case of bags. We split the cases and left fresh fruits/veggies on the doorsteps of most neighbors. That started an amazing trend of community sharing.
 
I already gave plates of cookies to the nice neighbors when I dropped off small gifts to them (the doggie neighbors) prior to Christmas. Not sure the grumpy ones would want homemade cookies from others when Omicron is running rampant around here. It's a good idea though! I will think about it. There are a few other nice neighbors, I just don't know them as well.....
 
Yes, stupid Omicron...... It's really going around. I have a niece who's tested positive, another niece's boyfriend was last week and just found out that hubby tested positive (his mail-in PCR results came back today). I've scheduled a rapid test for Monday, that's the soonest I could get. Son is testing on Sunday. Daughter has access to a rapid test for tomorrow night. I'm feeling a tiny bit of sinus pressure but that's it. I keep wondering if it's only because I found out hubby's positive, like I'm imagining new symptoms. Time will tell.
 
@Susie-Q i will say a prayer for your family! Covid really has taken way too much of our lives! !
I guess we were smart to get new knees and have to be home anyway.
Wishing you a Happy New Year!
 
Thanks! Still no symptoms for me here. Whatever sinus pressure I had is gone or was imaginary. Not sure if my immune system is just that good or if I've been really lucky. Sorry to hijack your thread, Hawkie.....

:happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4: :happy-new-years-toast-smiley-emoticon:
 
Sorry to hijack your thread, Hawkie.
No worries friend. I hope you're still well and hubby is on the mend. Omicron really is a spare no one kinda bug.

I've been in a good place, walked almost 2 miles with a couple friends yesterday. They followed my lead (and my pace) and I absolutely love them for it. I live very near a large urban park so I can vary my walks and always have a paved path but am not always sure about distance until I check my tracker. Yesterday, I walked a different route with lots of grade changes and The Knee was feeling good. So I set a goal in the distance, touched the landmark I had identified and turned around to come back home. The Knee felt good even on the return, I maintained my intentional gait while I lightly held my tushie and my core. I wasn't tired after the walk and I did not land myself in the ODIC corner today. My exercises have been getting easier and more pain free. I haven't needed or used my cane in more than a week, even outdoors. I've also been crying quite a bit when I have talked to people about being nearly pain free, finally. I don't know it's coming then there it is. I suppose I carried that pain stoically all these years and now finally I can see some light and let go of that enduring grit. Life is good and I think I have an excellent chance of walking pain free this year and it makes me full. I want this for everyone.
 
I totally get that! That realization that you can walk pain-free is amazing!!! Sadly, I'm starting to get used to it so it's not as earth-shattering that it was at first. So glad you are able to walk on those uneven surfaces too, the world is opening up to us to be able to walk pain-free everywhere! :happydance:

My next goal is to be able to walk down the stairs, using each leg, totally pain-free all the time!
 
Wow! Congratulations on that one, Hawkie!!. We always shovel together, but so far this year, I haven’t been able to participate. Fortunately, in that respect, we haven’t had a lot of snow to shovel. But I’m hoping to get out & join him soon, maybe I can do the sidewalks, they are level, our driveway is a fairly steep slope. And once you drive over it, it becomes icy.

SusieQ, I hope your husband is doing much better, and that the rest of your family, and you test negative.
 
I felt pretty proud when I could help shovel snow last week. I even said to my husband at the time, "Knee replacement, what knee replacement??". Then I promptly figured I'd better shut up and quit while I was ahead or I'd end up on the ODIC bench. :censored:

Mocha latte.....yum! One of the really cold days when we met our neighbors at the field for some doggie-romp time, I brought a cocoa with some peppermint schnapps in it. I hadn't had one of those for YEARS....

Our snow is gone now and the rest of you have it!
 
Maybe another knee milestone - I shoveled the snow. It was 4 inches of soft powder but the victory was big! :banana-santa:

Now for a mocha latte.
It's funny how once we've had a replacement surgery, everyday things suddenly become a pleasure once we can do them again.
Previously I bet, it was probably a hardship & a chore shovelling snow.:snow plough:. its a bit the same sweeping ones garden, I frequently cursed my trees from dropping so many leaves, now I find it fun - I wonder for how long this will last :heehee:
That mocha latte sounds wonderful xx
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom