TKR Donna' s Recovery

Get your OS to write you a note. It seems like everybody knows all about this recovery better than we do. What an aggravation to have to deal with you disability problems. Would you hurt on the job? If not, I don't see how they can tell you how much and what kind of PT to take.
 
@ebungalow I'm doing okay thanks for asking. I haven't been on much just been dealing with a bad depression period. I've had a good recovery I would say but even so it has kicked my butt. I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I return to work on 2/25 which I think will really do wonders for me. Mood is starting to lift aa well but I wish I would have has more insight on the emotional part of this. I was in no way prepared.
 
Good to hear you’re recovering well physically @donnag1108

I’m sure sorry to hear about the depression. I can somewhat relate. With my last knee, I got very sad and depressed around weeks 10/11.

I think I was a bit surprised by the blues because most of the acute physical pain was gone by then, but I felt worse mentally and emotionally.

I can’t remember how long that particular bout of depression lasted. But you’re right - this surgery can be a whopper on many levels.

Hope the return to work goes well and lifts your spirits a bit. Take good care.
 
I haven't been on in awhile just been really having a battel with post op depression. It's getting better for sure. I have been blessed with an uneventful recovery for the most part which I am so grateful for. I got out today and did a little clothes shopping. Seems like forever since I did that. The knee did well but I ran out of steam pretty fast. Felt great to get out!! I am returning to work on 2/25 and I cannot wait. Knee feels pretty great today, best since surgery. Slowly turning the corner back to normal life. If your struggling I understand but hang on it gets better eventually. My bend is at 115 and extension is zero. Good stuff!
 
You are coming along really well! It sounds like your life is getting back to normal.
 
This may be one of the silliest achievements ever but today for the first time in so many years I can't remember how long it's been I was able to get down in the floor with my dog and get back up as well!! Getting down was pretty easy just had to be a little more careful getting up. I'm thrilled!!
 
Dog was probably thinking “mom!? What are YOU doing down here??”

That’s amazing! So happy for you. :yes!:
 
That doesn't seem silly at all. Sometimes it's the little things that give us the most pleasure and when you're on the road to recovery every little milestone turned can feel momentous. Glad to hear you're doing well.
 
Omg insomnia still at 10 weeks. I'm so over it. I go back to work on 2/25 and I'm not sure how that will work on 2 hours sleep. Otherwise doing well but something has got to give. I can't take it much longer.
 
@donnag1108 :console2:

I know the frustration. Up until a few wks ago I was still struggling and my fam dr stepped in and said enough and prescribed Lorazepam and it’s made such a difference! The nights I take it I wake up after 7hrs and even my knee feels markedly better. I hate taking meds as a whole but for my sanity and healing I am ok with that.
There are also things like melatonin or magnesium that people swear help them too.

Nothing wrong with helping the body get what it needs short term.
 
@traceys I totally agree! I broke down and called in a refill for my zolpidem so I will have that later this morning. I HATE narcotics but it is the absolute only thing that's ever worked for me so going back to it should give me much needed relief. So glad to hear you have something that's working for you. Sleep makes a huge difference.
 
Constant lack of sleep is so debilitating. Apart from yesterday, even though I'm not sleeping much, I haven't been feeling the lack of it as far as tiredness goes, but I suspect that may change as I, hopefully, become more active. Do what works for you and delay returning to work if you don't feel ready for it.
 
Hi @donnag1108

I’m still not sleeping well either and that fatigue can feel grinding and sad.

For my last knee, sleep got significantly better somewhere around 12-15 weeks.

Sure am sorry you’re experiencing this. It’ll get better, but the time between here and better can be such a drag.

For me too.
 
This may be one of the silliest achievements ever but today for the first time in so many years I can't remember how long it's been I was able to get down in the floor with my dog and get back up as well!! Getting down was pretty easy just had to be a little more careful getting up. I'm thrilled!!

I remember those first times I got on the floor with my cat. He takes a daily med that is licked off the finger. When I'm down there now, I do a few quick stretches before getting back up.
 
Hi @donnag1108 , Up until a couple of weeks ago I was suffering badly with insomnia, and did exactly what @traceys did, got a low dose sleeper from my Dr, fortunately for me I only took them for about a week this kick started my sleep pattern into action I think.
Though I do think being further a long in this recovery sure helps, I think I am 14 and 12 weeks post op for my knee's
Hope you get some sleep soon , you sound like things are going good for you now

Chris:flwrysmile:
 
@gecko thank You! I am sure it will improve soon. I really shouldn't be complaining I've had so much support and a fairly uneventful recovery.

@rustic great idea on those stretches. I'm going to try that today.
 
Anyone know about or have any experience with infrared sauna for pain and or stress relief? Someone mentioned it to me and just starting to research so thought I would see if anyone here knows about it. Will definitely inquire with my doctor before doing anything.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom